republican senator says employees shouldn't have to wash hands after toilet use

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2015/02/03/the-next-public-health-debate-hand-washing/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/thom-tillis-washing-hands-toilet

7RQ5HWb.png

absolutely fucking disgusting

Aiko Heiwa said:
this is way old news lmao
only a couple of weeks old and i couldn't find another thread about it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aiko Heiwa said:
anyways republican says something stupid

also water is wet
Tomoko Kuroki said:
fire is hot
yet i wonder if you guys would make a peep if a democrat said something stupid lol (i'm a centrist pls no bully)

but yeah this is stupid even for a republican. i don't fucking want e coli.

I don't frequently hear of democrats saying stuff this stupid as opposed to republicans

though idk maybe they do and I just don't hear about it, lol

Tomoko Kuroki said:
I don't frequently hear of democrats saying stuff this stupid as opposed to republicans
well yeah because one is a party that's basically controlled by right-wing nutjobs that deny basic science, scream whenever there's any form of government regulation, is anti-women, anti-gay, anti-minority, basically anti-everyone that isn't a white god-fearing heterosexual man.

the democrats on the other hand, are just spineless cowards who don't call out the republican party on their shit

i won't be surprised if he was an anti-vaxer too or thinks that vaccinations should be optional

lol. instead of saying "lol republicans are dumb" and adding no value to the conversation, im going to point out that he doesnt want people to have to follow the regulation for washing hands, which prevents the spread of diseases and gross shit. but he DOES want to add a regulation that would require businesses to advertise and put up signs that said that said business did not require employees to wash their hands.

now which sounds more expensive on the free market? requiring businesses to buy soap for employees to wash their hands and increasing the minimal cost of the faucet running, or requiring businesses to add in a 5 or 10 second disclaimer at the end of their commercials and in advertising material stating they did not require their employees to wash their hands. The signage is the same either way, you just change the sign in the bathroom from all employees must wash hands to all employees dont have to wash hands.

and if you didnt impose his make believe flippant answer regulation he tossed out when people explained to him how stupid he sounded (which by the way makes no sense and would cost businesses more than the current regulation which costs them nothing), then how exactly would the free market enforce hand washing if businesses werent required to put up signs or tell anyone their employees dont wash hands. the correct answer is they wouldnt. they already dont report things they arnt required by law that would harm their business, so why would they report that their employees dont wash their hands if they didnt have to?

what does he expect? investigative reporters to go into kitchens and be all liek "oh Mason didnt wash his hands while getting that doritos locos taco from the back, you should stop shopping here." because that doesnt happen. how else would the public find out if there werent regulations?

(yes i know the handwashing isnt the point, its just his shit metaphor for what he wants to do with even more dangerous business practices and the regulations that protect us from them.) just dumb in general.

I'm pretty sure he's saying also this give people a "choice" on what they want or not want to do. It's like next to impossible to actually enforce the so-called requirement to wash your hands anyway.

Honestly, a better way to save money and stuff is to use low-flow faucets, auto-soap dispensers (so people don't abuse it), and replace paper towels with air driers. Washing your hands has also proven to actually prevent diseases from spreading. If we don't do that, we'll probably end up spending more on healthcare than saving money on water and soap and stuff.

oh yeah, i agree with this guy

but only if you're working in a factory of POO

i mean SERIOUSLY?! What if that employee got piss on his hands and then served a family dinner? "oh let's just overlook this disgusting violation of humanity and serve this family a piss soaked trifle"

fukkin moron senator

Politicians say stupid things all the time (regardless of party), so I'm not overly surprised by this.

Anyway, I usually lean to the right on political issues, but as a person who has OCD, I hate this idea.

Mudkip said:
lol. instead of saying "lol republicans are dumb" and adding no value to the conversation, im going to point out that he doesnt want people to have to follow the regulation for washing hands, which prevents the spread of diseases and gross shit. but he DOES want to add a regulation that would require businesses to advertise and put up signs that said that said business did not require employees to wash their hands.

now which sounds more expensive on the free market? requiring businesses to buy soap for employees to wash their hands and increasing the minimal cost of the faucet running, or requiring businesses to add in a 5 or 10 second disclaimer at the end of their commercials and in advertising material stating they did not require their employees to wash their hands. The signage is the same either way, you just change the sign in the bathroom from all employees must wash hands to all employees dont have to wash hands.

and if you didnt impose his make believe flippant answer regulation he tossed out when people explained to him how stupid he sounded (which by the way makes no sense and would cost businesses more than the current regulation which costs them nothing), then how exactly would the free market enforce hand washing if businesses werent required to put up signs or tell anyone their employees dont wash hands. the correct answer is they wouldnt. they already dont report things they arnt required by law that would harm their business, so why would they report that their employees dont wash their hands if they didnt have to?

what does he expect? investigative reporters to go into kitchens and be all liek "oh Mason didnt wash his hands while getting that doritos locos taco from the back, you should stop shopping here." because that doesnt happen. how else would the public find out if there werent regulations?

(yes i know the handwashing isnt the point, its just his shit metaphor for what he wants to do with even more dangerous business practices and the regulations that protect us from them.) just dumb in general.
5 star post

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
lol how old were you when obama got in
Um, 7 or 8

Derpl Zork said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Derpl Zork said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Peter Sam said:
funny how just when you think american politics can't get any more batshit insane, it suddenly does.
Exactly. This country has gone to hell since 2008.

explain
Obama
Explanation completed

..... explain
Bad financial decisions
Putting thousands out of work
Other shit I don't know about b/c I don't pay attention to the news

Dinomic Duo said:
Bad financial decisions
Other shit I don't know about b/c I don't pay attention to the news

thanks for telling us that you don't actually have an opinion on the subject and most likely are just parroting your parents or church

Derpl Zork said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Bad financial decisions
Other shit I don't know about b/c I don't pay much attention to the news

thanks for telling us that you don't actually have an opinion on the subject and most likely are just parroting your parents or church
I'm not doing either of those, Obama himself admitted that he made financial mistakes, and idek where I heard the other thing, but I should've said I don't pay much attention to the news, but I know some of the stuff

yeah ok :rolleyes: let me know where to vote for you as congressman in 15 years with your rock-solid opinion forming skills

anyways this handwashing thing just seems like him just blabbing about libertarian ideals and shit, like, both options have the same end:

*Signs are put up telling employees to wash hands --> Employees wash hands --> Customers know of handwashing status

*Employees don't wash hands --> Signs are put up telling customers that they didn't --> Customers know of handwashing status

like I get what the dude is saying because yeah his method will work, but, the method we have now like......already does......or doesn't......both will work equally and we already have one in place so why bother switching

it's bullshit for people who care about philosophy

Derpl Zork said:
yeah ok :rolleyes: let me know where to vote for you as congressman in 15 years with your rock-solid opinion forming skills

given his level of expertise and knowledge of domestic and world events, he's probably more than qualified for the 114th's standards.

fuckin nasty

ps hey dynamic duo guy

coming from a guy who was saying the same shit you were at your age, your opinions will change

disliking the pres for executive choices is completely valid, but until you actually start experiencing how the world works and understanding the motives for the choices he makes, your opinion isn't.

Back