Go Set a Watchman - To Kill A Mockingbird sequel getting published

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
Source: Harper Lee to publish Mockingbird 'sequel'

Omfg, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most incredible things I've ever read and it broke my heart when I learnt that Harper Lee had never released a second book.

But looks like that's now apparently that's going to change, with her publishing her second novel at the ripe age of 88.

I'm gobsmacked, this was probably the least likely thing I ever expected to happen but I'm so happy.

whaaaaaat

i was under the impression she was never going to write again because whatever was written wouldn't compare to to kill a mockingbird

well that's unexpected

Oh wow, a classic book, a frequent read in high school English classes, getting a sequel just recently. That's really surprising.

Javelin said:
whaaaaaat

i was under the impression she was never going to write again because whatever was written wouldn't compare to to kill a mockingbird
^^^^^^This so much.

To Kill a Mockingbird is amazing in every single way. This is kind of....unique? I never experienced anything like this before.

I think I have the oddest combination of confusing and happiness.

Edit: I read the article. Apparently she wrote this decades ago and is now publishing it. Ok this makes more sense.

it seems like i'm the only person in my class who enjoyed the book but i'm still looking forward to the sequel

Agnès Oblige said:
it seems like i'm the only person in my class who enjoyed the book but i'm still looking forward to the sequel
Man, your classmates have poor tastes.

Mario Party X said:
Agnès Oblige said:
Man, your classmates have poor tastes.

well to be fair, i think she's still in high school

you know, the age where you're stuck with kiddies who act stupid?

nah we just had a really bad English teacher who stopped after every paragraph to talk about completely unrelated shit
it dragged on over like 5 months
anyone would get bored of it

Man, with my own audio processing disorder, I wouldn't survive in that class.

I don't see how this would affect how much people like the book, but I guess a killer teacher like that didn't help.

well I mean most people have fairly short attention spans or w/e
I mean if you watched a movie in tiny pieces over 5 months you probably wouldn't enjoy it very much
like I got one of my friends to read it again the way she'd read a normal book and she actually really liked it

This was a really great book. Not sure if I'll be reading the sequel, though.
yoshiking14x said:
I wonder what would Boo Radley do in this sequel.
Nothing.

Javelin said:
whaaaaaat

she did.

this was written before tkam, it was just never published.

Back