Great awesome Japanese imports that you think people should get their hands on

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
There are so many obscure titles that were left in Japan. Half of them are gems. Which ones do you think people should get their hands on? Feel free to add
For me:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Rinne) (PC-Engine Super CD ROM System/Turbo-Grafx CD)
Turbo%20Grafx-16%20Akumajou%20Dracula%20X%20Chi%20no%20Rondo%20Front%20Cover.jpg

Pepsiman (Sony PS1)

2118178-tumblr_lyojj7wjmz1qzurbt.jpg

Gradius II: Gofer No Yabou (Arcade, X68000, Famicom, PC-Engine CD ROM)

Gradius_II_flyer.png

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2)

Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.JPG

Gradius Gaiden (PS1)

Gradius_gaiden-cover.jpg

Akumajou Dracula X68000 (Sharp X68000)

1411564400456.jpg

Those are the games that I think that people should get their hands on.

Mother 3 and AAI 2 are also good alongside Rondo of Blood.

Megamario15 said:
Obligatory mention of Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
It had a remake, though.

Megamario15 said:
Mario Party X said:
Megamario15 said:
It had a remake, though.
Fine. Obligatory mention of the original Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels.
What's wrong with the remake?

Mario Party X said:
Megamario15 said:
Mario Party X said:
Megamario15 said:
It had a remake, though.
What's wrong with the remake?
The remake was not Japan-only, so this is not the place for it.

I actually removed the game from my speedrun because of its difficulty, which is also why the original version took 25 years (more or less) to find its way to America (on VC).

Alright folks, in my original post. I said those are the games that I chose. The rest is up to you folks to add with your own mini list. I did my part. Anyways is the Castlevania Rondo of Blood mention an obligatory one?

tales of rebirth, the actual tales of destiny 2, tales of destiny directors cut, summon knight 3(gba), and ill think up some later.

Peter Sam said:
Megamario15 said:
Mario Party X said:
Megamario15 said:
It had a remake, though.

What about the virtual console?
Direct port of the original, it counts (Super Mario All-Stars completely altered the graphics, and I don't know about the music cause I haven't played it, but it sure as hell is not the same as the original).

I am going to be criticized for this.

I don't think the Japan only Saturn version of SOTN is worth a mention. Sure Maria Renard being the feature extra playable character in that version isn't noteworthy. Also, Symphony of the Night isn't Japan only since it was released in the West on the PS1. That's why I don't count it.

Either way, should Akumajou Dracula X68000 be mentioned despite it's PSX port/remake/rerelease Castlevania Chronicles?

I know a friend in my high school named Simon Chang who likes to import games. He has a Japanese 3DS and he plays Gaist Crusher God or something.

Akumajou Dracula X68000 and Rondo of Blood are great Japanese imports aren't they?

Mega Gallade said:
FE4 sounds like a great FE game.

its alright, not as good as fe5 though.

Of course Fe5 can cause global suicide, but yeah.

Although FE12 is far superior.

But i havent mentioned a lot of imports as there are a lot of fan translations for them.

All Xenosaga games along with other games like Jump Super/Ultimate stars, One Piece Grand Battle 2 (For DS I think), Persona games that are japan only, Fire Emblem, Ouedan, Naruto games that are japan only, DBZ that are japan only, Pokken tournament (Dunno about you guys but I got a gut feeling that it's going to be Japan only) and both Dangan ronpas.

Sylveon said:
All Xenosaga games along with other games like Jump Super/Ultimate stars, One Piece Grand Battle 2 (For DS I think), Persona games that are japan only, Fire Emblem, Ouedan, Naruto games that are japan only, DBZ that are japan only, Pokken tournament (Dunno about you guys but I got a gut feeling that it's going to be Japan only) and both Dangan ronpas.

uh

the vast majority of the xenosaga games have been localized

the only that hasnt to my knowledge is the DS version of xs 1 & 2.

Oh then my bad I can't think of anything else that would be japan only....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game_%28video_game%29#Sequel

other then this anyway.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Tomodachi Collection, although there are English dubs that change the text.
i used to pray every night to the great nintendo spd gods until they finally brought it overseas

I wouldn't mind importing Tomodachi Collection DS if I had the money and patience, but it's apparently not as good

Back