Nintendo being more creative with spin-offs

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
I've recently been thinking of two Nintendo spin-offs based on popular franchises. Those being Hyrule Warriors and Pokken Tournamnet. Both of these games take popular IPs and take brand new twists with them that we haven't seen in their respective series. It's actually quite refreshing, and may have to do with the fact that they are collaborating with other companies.

I hope this trend continues. I wonder what else we could see? A Kirby RPG? A Mario 3rd person shooter? Hell, who knows what SMT X FE may entail.

Mario 3rd person shooter? How would you do that?

Mario Paintball tournament.

And this may be no surprise, but I fully support a Kirby RPG where King Dedede the Waddle Dees and of course yours truly can be different partners or something for your party.

We need a Mario X Dragon Quest.
Meta Knight said:
And this may be no surprise, but I fully support a Kirby RPG where King Dedede the Waddle Dees and of course yours truly can be different partners or something for your party.
this, though I wonder how they'll implement copy abilities

I'd like a Link RPG overhead dungeon crawler, kinda like in the style of Diablo or Torchlight.

Smash Bros. Warriors
Smash Bros. RPG
Paper Mario with Baten Kaitos style
Mario RPG with Child of Light style.
Mario volleyball/wrestling hybrid (oh wait...)
A NEW MARIO SPORTS GAME GODDAMIT

Borrowing elements to create new spinoffs might not sound creative, but people like mixing things up, and it does actually deliver new things to the table. I support a good blend of stuff.

Mario Party X said:
Smash Bros. Warriors
Smash Bros. RPG
Paper Mario with Baten Kaitos style
Mario RPG with Child of Light style.
Mario volleyball/wrestling hybrid (oh wait...)
A NEW MARIO SPORTS GAME GODDAMIT

Borrowing elements to create new spinoffs might not sound creative, but people like mixing things up, and it does actually deliver new things to the table. I support a good blend of stuff.

Chargin' Chuck playable for Mario American Football!

It doesn't really look like they're getting more creative to me, but more like they're just mixing up the old stuff and presenting it as totally new.

Javelin said:
It doesn't really look like they're getting more creative to me, but more like they're just mixing up the old stuff and presenting it as totally new.

Mario Party X said:

Also, I think people do this all the time in music, mixing music and all.

Mixing stuff can result in creative ideas and all...

shrug

i'm just curious as to whether nintendo can actually pull off a new ip

or if anyone can for that matter. i can't recall the last time there was a game that seemed TOTALLY NEW to me

Javelin said:
shrug

i'm just curious as to whether nintendo can actually pull off a new ip

or if anyone can for that matter. i can't recall the last time there was a game that seemed TOTALLY NEW to me
Can anything be totally new?

Zae Eildus said:
well technically there has already been a zelda rpg.

Are you referring to Zelda II where you collect EXP to gain Spells and upgrade your magic etc.?

Meta Knight said:
Zae Eildus said:
well technically there has already been a zelda rpg.

Are you referring to Zelda II where you collect EXP to gain Spells and upgrade your magic etc.?

that and the tingle rpg that was only released in japan and europe.

Back