What kind of personality would you give Mario?

Glowsquid said:
You know how in Paper Mario, the NPCs ask you questions and you can respond with totally rude/insane/stupid answers? I want that Mario.

^this

Donatello said:
Maybe something like this?

Why can't you do this in the real game, especially the Hammer Bros. and Lakitus?
I doubt that.

Walkazo said:
A generally happy, friendly and forgiving yet competitive dude who's strong sense of justice about helping those in need and fierce loyalty to his friends and family allow him to write off the casualties of his adventures with an "ends justify the means" point of view. He'd rather not have to fight, but that won't stop him from opposing evildoers and even enjoying himself while he's at it.
Yep. That's our Mario.

Mario is supposed to be an "ideal hero" kind of character.

Walkazo said:
Petey Piranha: ''Goo? (what's a Mario?)''
Petey Piranha: "Goo! Gooo!! Rarrgh!" (I don't know who you are, but maybe some of my vomit will help shut your trap! Goo!)
That's some efficient language there. Clearly, Piranha Plants are giving the Yoshis a run for their money when it comes to getting the most mileage out of monolexical diction.
Well, I think it's actually a version of humor where the "translation" is a lot more convoluted than the monosyllabic noises they're making.

Walkazo said:
Petey Piranha: ''Goo? (what's a Mario?)''
Petey Piranha: "Goo! Gooo!! Rarrgh!" (I don't know who you are, but maybe some of my vomit will help shut your trap! Goo!)
That's some efficient language there. Clearly, Piranha Plants are giving the Yoshis a run for their money when it comes to getting the most mileage out of monolexical diction.
u wot m8

Man, has anyone checked out the Charles Martinet Vine stuff? Mario should maybe take some cues from there, too. He has quite a few funny one-liners. Mario should be that guy.

Back