Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread - NEW DIRECT - 2015.1.14 (6AM PST/9AM EST)

Aiko Heiwa said:
Hanayo Koizumi said:
the direct was alright
things i liked most was fire emblem and punch-out/mpt coming to eshop. splatoon was cool as well
its a shame that they're only bringing the New XL to the us, i was really wanting to get the regular one but i guess it cant be helped. idk if i'll try to scrape up enough money to buy it now or if i'll wait until my birthday
it's fucking bs that they're not releasing it

this shit is why region-lock NEEDS to end and why that dumbfuck iwata needs to get his ass fired

fuck iwata

and fuck nintendo of america

get over it, the like of that isnt going to happen anyway

although the release may still happen, as it has more hope than other games anyway

Megamario15 said:
I wonder if they're giving brawl through that. Probably not, due to online.
I'll check later.
The only game available is Super Mario Galaxy 2 so far.

And the only other ones announced were Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch-Out.

Zae Eildus said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Hanayo Koizumi said:
the direct was alright
things i liked most was fire emblem and punch-out/mpt coming to eshop. splatoon was cool as well
its a shame that they're only bringing the New XL to the us, i was really wanting to get the regular one but i guess it cant be helped. idk if i'll try to scrape up enough money to buy it now or if i'll wait until my birthday
it's fucking bs that they're not releasing it

this shit is why region-lock NEEDS to end and why that dumbfuck iwata needs to get his ass fired

fuck iwata

and fuck nintendo of america

get over it, the like of that isnt going to happen anyway

although the release may still happen, as it has more hope than other games anyway
Fuck you.

I will wait for regular 3DS or new 3ds xl price on amazon to drop to match the regular 3ds's price

Well, maybe she wanted faceplate customization, something the XL lacks. I mean, with Nintendo releasing themes for the 3ds, changing the menu, it only made sense to be able to change the outside of the 3ds as well, and the n3ds's swappable faceplates remedied that. And there were a lot of enticing faceplates.

It's just another tick on NoA's fuck ups.

Gamefreak75 said:
Well, maybe she wanted faceplate customization, something the XL lacks. I mean, with Nintendo releasing themes for the 3ds, changing the menu, it only made sense to be able to change the outside of the 3ds as well, and the n3ds's swappable faceplates remedied that. And there were a lot of enticing faceplates.
there's also easy portability, something the XL doesn't really have

baffles me how NoA did this when everyone else didn't. maybe they're staggering the release on purpose to hype up the faceplates later in the year idk

Aiko Heiwa said:
Megamario15 said:
I wonder if they're giving brawl through that. Probably not, due to online.
I'll check later.
The only game available is Super Mario Galaxy 2 so far.

And the only other ones announced were Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch-Out.
I think the UK direct showed Kirby's Adventure Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns as well.

I can only hope Super Paper Mario is released. Preferably with a Miiverse community.

GBAToad said:
Gamefreak75 said:
there's also easy portability, something the XL doesn't really have

baffles me how NoA did this when everyone else didn't. maybe they're staggering the release on purpose to hype up the faceplates later in the year idk

This is a stretch, but I remember that the Game Boy Micro had them, and while the handheld had overall poor sales, the worst were in NA. Maybe the execs think this market doesn't want customization beyond basic colors (which obviously is not the case). Another possibility is that if XL models of the "old" 3DS and the 2DS are outselling the original models (not sure if they are), then execs get the impression that the market doesn't care as much about portability.

Tiz Arrior said:
Magikrazy said:
So it's literally Wii games that you can't play on Wii?

That makes no sense.
Well, they're less accessible nowadays and they're apparently going to be very cheap to buy.

That said, it's silly how they're still ignoring the mass of great Gamecube games they could put on the VC.

I would prefer Gamecube games on VC just because my Wii collection is already abundant and I can already play them on my Wii U. Now for Gamecube, there could be:

MK:DD, Sunshine, Pokémon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, Metroid Prime 1+2 (I just got the trilogy version so I wouldn't buy it, Mario Party 4-7, Mario Baseball 1, Mario Strikers, Animal Crossing 1, F-Zero GX, Luigi's Mansion, TTYD and of course, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Meta Knight said:
I would prefer Gamecube games on VC just because my Wii collection is already abundant and I can already play them on my Wii U. Now for Gamecube, there could be:

MK:DD, Sunshine, Pokémon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, Metroid Prime 1+2 (I just got the trilogy version so I wouldn't buy it, Mario Party 4-7, Mario Baseball 1, Mario Strikers, Animal Crossing 1, F-Zero GX, Luigi's Mansion, TTYD and of course, Super Smash Bros. Melee.
That would make it possible to have every smash (except 3ds) on the Wii U if Brawl is put on there!
Smash brings me more joy than it should.

Megamario15 said:
Meta Knight said:

That would make it possible to have every smash (except 3ds) on the Wii U if Brawl is put on there!
Smash brings me more joy than it should.

Brawl wouldn't have to be on there, just play it on the Wii U normally :yoshi:

Also I forgot Kirby Air Ride

Mario4Ever said:
Another possibility is that if XL models of the "old" 3DS and the 2DS are outselling the original models (not sure if they are), then execs get the impression that the market doesn't care as much about portability.

im not sure about sales figures but looking nintendo's website i cant find any mention of the original 3ds, only xl and 2ds, and i heard a rumour that they were phasing it out, so idk maybe noa just thinks nobody wants that kind of model, im not really sure

Late reaction:

Literally nothing in that direct was about anything that was remotely interesting to me, which is kinda sad :/

Hanayo Koizumi said:
Mario4Ever said:
Another possibility is that if XL models of the "old" 3DS and the 2DS are outselling the original models (not sure if they are), then execs get the impression that the market doesn't care as much about portability.

im not sure about sales figures but looking nintendo's website i cant find any mention of the original 3ds, only xl and 2ds, and i heard a rumour that they were phasing it out, so idk maybe noa just thinks nobody wants that kind of model, im not really sure
I want the standard model.

I didn't find the direct particularly good. There was nothing really surprising in it, not much adding to stuff we already knew or expected and no new AAA games were announced, so hopefully the next will be better.

Love is eternal said:
I didn't find the direct particularly good. There was nothing really surprising in it, not much adding to stuff we already knew or expected and no new AAA games were announced, so hopefully the next will be better.

Um, Fire Emblem?

Not everyone cares about Fire Emblem.

I don;t care whether he likes it or not. Saying there was no AAA game is false. He may not care about it, but one was shown..

Cirdec said:
What does AAA mean?

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.

Paul Heyman said:
Cirdec said:
What does AAA mean?

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.
So... like Smash Bros. 4.

I didn't know Fire Emblem was that.

I thought that only applied to the ones literally everyone knows about, like Super Mario, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., etc.

I'd say Fire Emblem is about on Paper Mario's level. Smash Bros is like the only reason it even became popular in the US.

Back