Favourite games of 2014?

Icemario

Star Spirit
2014's virtually over (a bit under two weeks but this can be a thing past Christmas and into the New Year if opinions change), so I was wondering what everyone's favourite (top three with order, top five without order, arrange them however you like) new games this year ended up being. What did you enjoy so much about them? Were you surprised to like them, or did you go into them with high expectations? How did you receive those games, and why did you?

do you mean games that were released in 2014 or games that i played for the first time this year

Mario Kart 8

literally the only game released in 2014 that i played was planetary annihilation, lol

i'll get into elite: dangerous soon hopefully

My favorites, in no particular order, are

Sm4sh
Tomodachi Life
Mario Kart 8
...that's pretty much it, aside from Omega Ruby (which i'll probably get for christmas)

1. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
2. Kirby Triple Deluxe
3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
4. Mario Kart 8
5. Tomodachi Life

all of this year's games I've played in order from fave to least fave, though there are more coming on Christmas

I may or may not get around to explaining this order later

I would answer this but I don't remember when games are released and don't feel like searching them all individually to find out.

DragonFreak said:
You should have it played in 2014, because I literally played 0 games released in 2014.
Alternatively both, because either way is technically right.

out of everything I can remember coming out this year it's probably like this

1. Beyond Earth
2. Game Of Thrones
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Sims 4
5. Sm4sh

I haven't played or brought much in 2014 sadly however my favorite is Smash 3DS.

I demand that this will change in 2015 when i'm likely to own a PS4 and steam.

The only games I have that came out this year are Smash Bros 3DS and Lego the Hobbit. Both are great but Smash is better by far. I might get Destiny at some point too but probably not until next year.

Yoshidude99 said:
The only games I have that came out this year are Smash Bros 3DS and Lego the Hobbit. Both are great but Smash is better by far. I might get Destiny at some point too but probably not until next year.

I suggest do not get it, there are games that is far better than Destiny

Well I won't be getting it for a while anyway because I'm waiting for the price to go down a bit. It looks good from what I've seen though. What do you not like about it?

I didn't bought it but my friends bought it and doesn't like it because of grinding, no story and repetitive gameplay. I suggest get Titanfall and Halo MCC over it.

Back