V2W: Super Smash Bros. Characters (CHAMPION: ROBIN)

Re: V2W: Super Smash Bros. Characters (CHAMPIONSHIP: Robin vs Shulk)

Robin: 1
Shulk: 3

We're really feeling it

This is quite the painful decision.

No complaints though, best championship.

To see one reason why I like Shulk so much

Robin: 2

Best champion match, hands down. I can't decide who I'll vote yet.

I personally kinda think Shulk's earned his way here by virtue of how stiff his competition was or could've been. The only character he faced that isn't super popular is arguably Wolf.

But other then that, he had to face Pikachu and Mega Man. While the latter it turned out he'd absolutely blow out, Mega Man is one of the most popular Newcomers in the game. If there was a decent Megaman fan group that came in to vote the match would not have been as lopsided as it was. Shulk also had to face Bowser Jr. and Yoshi on a Mario-centric forum where some random users here could of easily come in and be like "A Mario character is currently in a match? I must vote for them!" and have a lopsided match from that point on.

The characters Robin faced weren't all pushovers in terms of popularity either but come on, Shulk managed to blowout Megaman and then proceeded to take on two Original 12 characters and a rather popular Newcomer in which two of these were Mario-centric characters and beyond all odds won against them all. Any one of those had the very distinct possibility of going wrong for Shulk if the right amount of people who were fans of his competition discovered it in time. I think he honestly deserves the Championship myself.

DragonFreak said:
Robin: 3
i'm really biased towards Awakening so this isn't much of a contest for me lol

No matter who wins it will be someone with a British voice actor so that's good for me

I'd tip the scales but I'm still torn, I might just check on this at the last minute or something and make a vote there.

Robin: 3
Shulk: 4

Robin: 4

I like both but robin is just wayyyy hotter than shulk so yeah

Robin: 5

Tiz Arrior said:
I'd tip the scales but I'm still tornmake a vote there.
8/10, pretty good

Robin: 9

Re: V2W: Super Smash Bros. Characters (And the Champion is...)

Well, while it wasn't in a real dominating fashion. Robin of Fire Emblem fame is the winner. He/She/It/Potato will have all the glory in terms of characters!

HOWEVER

Robin won't be the only winners in this Vote to Win. As I have been collecting the stats from every single vote match in this game. And if any of you saw some of my posts early on in the thread, there will be Voter Awards to recognize the many votes put into this game. I almost consider this really more important then the actual character wins that result from these Vote to Wins because it's a fun way to give back to the voters.

To be eligible to recieve an award, you must have voted in at least 25 of the matches (Close to half of the total matches) as otherwise those who only voted a few times or less would recieve awards by percentage. And it's best to award those who voted nearly almost all the time. So stay tuned!

Re: V2W: Super Smash Bros. Characters (Voter Awards)

Alright, I have calculated everything for the awards I have. At a later date I may post the detailed results if you're interested. But either way, here's the Top 5 in each award.

Let's start with...

FIRST ATTACK

This is whomever voted first in a match the most times.

1. Meta Knight (6)
2. Superjeff (6) (He tied with Meta Knight but he was in eligible for the award because he didn't vote in enough matches. Even if he did have enough, he voted in less matches. But to recognize it still. He gets 2nd
3. Icemario (5) (Icemario wasn't eligible either but on here for same reasons as Superjeff)
4. Auburn (4)
5. Dragonfreak (3)

Congratulations Meta Knight you are recognized for your early bird votes and loyalty to the game.

FINAL BLOW

This is whomever voted last the most

1. Auburn (10)
2. ChibikiDaisy (6)
3. Smasher (4)
4. NEXandGBX (3)
5. Glitchy (2) (There were 3 other voters who also had two final votes. But Glitchy voted on the most matches of the four so he gets top billing)

Congratulations Auburn, you waited the longest before making your decisions to strategically wait until you could put the final nail in the coffin in matches you voted for the winning character or perhaps tie or at least try to for characters that were in trouble of elimination in the final hours.

SMASH COMPETITOR

This is whomever tied the matches the most amount of times. This is the one that can really chalk up the numbers as unlike the other awards, I counted ties for all the matches that went into OT

1. Smasher (23)
2. Glitchy (10) (Voted more then Cirdec)
3. Cirdec (10)
4. SonicMario (9) (Voted more then IcicleRain)
5. IcicleRain (9)

Maybe it was most likely a result from you being the host and you wanting your votes out of the way fast. But nonetheless you absolutely dominated this award Smasher.

SMASH CLINCHER

This is whomever made the winning vote. When they made this vote, the losing character could just not recover.

1. Glitchy (10)
2. IcicleRain (6) (Voted more then Dragonfreak)
3. Dragonfreak (6)
4. MCD (5)
5. Smasher (3)

Congrats Glitchy, those 10 votes are what sprung some of your favorite characters into the next round while you dashed the hopes of 10 other characters.

SMASH HIPSTER

This is the award for in terms of percentage (Number of characters voted that lost their match ÷ how many matches voted on) who voted for the losing characters. For their thoughts on Smash characters are a little off the "mainstream"

1. Smasher (44%)
2. Auburn (43%) (Voted more then Cirdec)
3. Cirdec (43%)
4. ChibikiDaisy (42%)
5. Meta Knight (36%)

Congratulations Smasher, you're the new Shoey It was REALLY REALLY close here as the top 4 were only sepereated by no more then 2%. But in a shocking twist our host actually voted against the flow of voters enough time to just take this award. I'd say good job, but I'm not even sure Smasher considers this a good thing xD

But anyway, now for the final award. This is of course the opposite of the previous award...

SMASH KING

This is whomever voted in terms of percentage (Number of characters voted that won their match ÷ how many matches voted on). They are the ones that almost all the time, the character they voted for won. And thus can say they feel on top of the world in terms of any and all their voted characters.

1. Glitchy (77%)
2. SonicMario (72%)
3. Dragonfreak (70%) (Voted more then MCD)
4. MCD (70%)
5. IcicleRain (68%)

Congratulations Glitchy! Just a little over 3/4th of your votes were placed on the winning character. and since you also won the Clinching Vote. You have the right to brag that you had a big hand in leading the game where you wanted it to go. You are the Smash King of this game.

Aaaand that ends probably the only Elimination game I'll ever take part in, it was good I guess.

Not surprised I wasn't eligible, but nice to see nonetheless.

›WINNING HIPSTER AWARD

Robin winning wasn't really something I wanted tbh, but he's a decent enough winner. I'll update the op when I get back home. Thanks for playing, everyone.

FIRST STRIKE AWARD YAY!

Back