Have you had any corrupted save files?

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
My save file in City Folk was corrupted. I put the disk in, and 5 seconds into the loading screen it said "Game data could not be found", forcing us to the home screen. We couldn't make a new file or anything. We bought a new one and everything was fine, we made far more progress in the newer one.

There was one time I was thinking. "Hey maybe I should finally get to completing a main Pokemon game for once in my life" the only one I actually own is Pokemon Yellow.

But when I got close to the 3rd Gym or so, the file corrupted. And I wasn't going to do all that over again :V

one time the memory card on my gamecube got corrupted

all my save files were erased

thankfully i got back to where i was in all my games

Magikrazy said:

same

i have banished pokemon colosseum to the top shelf, where it shall remain forever cursed because of its destruction of my memory card

None, but I corrupted a friends file by fiddling with the memory cards while playing melee. Not on purpose obviously but he was silently furious at me for like a week. Then I helped him get them back by playing melee with him so all was fine and we had a good time.

Magikrazy said:

this happened to me
rip my old pokemon from xd/collesium ;_;7
everything else like ttyd and sms i made back

My Half-Life save files corrupted on my second attempt to play through it after my laptop crashed on my first playthrough. Incidentally, my desktop surged after I finally finished Half-Life, so I'm certain the game is cursed.

Many Gamecube games. Goddamn third-party memory cards.

Glitchy said:
Pokémon Silver's internal battery died like right after I got it at a used game store.
Internal battery? I thought those could be recharged...

For a few years my Twilight Princess game wasn't working. I was as Wolf Link in the beginning heading in Ordon village to get the sword and shield and my game would crash and say there was a troubleshoot error. I didn't really even have scratches on the disk, and I love TP, so I was a bit worried.

We had this disk cleaner about 2 years after this and I decided to try cleaning the disk and it worked again. About 6 months later though my first Wii stopped playing any and all games, as the ball bearings in it stopped working and so I wonder if it was really the disk or if it was the wii that was slowly breaking down.

Same situation with Mario Strikers Charged, though I haven't tried seeing if it was fix due to many reasons, mostly just knowing how pissed off I'll get at the game again.

I've had one: New Super Mario Bros. Wii. No sure how it happened; but do remember turning the power off after taking the disc out of the console. That's a warning to everyone not to do this.

The corrupt screen was red and had only one option, 'erase data'. :bowser:

But I've almost beaten the game again! Just a few more SCs to go! :wario:

River Pirahna said:
but do remember turning the power off after taking the disc out of the console. That's a warning to everyone not to do this.
But that's what I always do. I wait till I'm back until I'm back at Wii Menu (meaning that I ejected it properly, don't do it when the Wii Menu icons do a fancy thing with the loading), take the disk out, and shut it off.

surprisingly, my third party memory card has never given me any problem

the one time I can recall losing game data was when some kids who were playing my copy of Smash Bros on N64 pulled the cart out without turning it off and lost all my data

the puzzle map got corrupted once or twice but that was due to upgrading to bad snapshots

my animal crossing new leaf got corrupted, idk what would have caused it since its downloaded and all my other download games are fine afaik so yea idk

i've had stuff on my ps2 corrupted, i think, but that was a long time ago so i cant remember what that was anymore

skyward sword, i read about that bug, copied my save file (from about halfway through the game i dont exactly remember) and triggered it on purpose

My Superstar Saga save file corrupted when I was on the Repaired Koopa Cruiser with Luigi. Even though it was my own fault (I turned the game off while saving) I still had a rage fit when I found out I had to start all over.

Hanayo Koizumi said:
my animal crossing new leaf got corrupted, idk what would have caused it since its downloaded and all my other download games are fine afaik so yea idk
it was a problem that happened a while back, and I think it was patched or something

Oh, god. It happened again! My fucking memory card is corrupted again! All my work is going to be erased!
245e07a19f6f98868a4a4e1edc76efe2612b6f07c4026bafd874f8eb2ed13043.jpg

My 3rd party GCN memory card had never failed me. My PS2 card on the other hand....

I wanted to see if I could play Melee with the DDR dance pad, but I realized I took out the memory card a while back so I wouldn't accidentally step on it and break it, then I went to the trophy gallery to make sure it was alright. It wasn't.

I'm going to have to do all my games all over again. Shit.

ive heard there's demo version of viewtiful joe 2 for the ps2 which would format all your inserted memory cards.

Back