Almond Factory

Someone's prepared for a magic attack

And that someone's name is Smasher

There is just this annoying loophole in magic-proof things.

Like, you need some kind of magic to make things magic-proof, but that would make the object in question also magic-proof to the magic-proof-spell, therefore it wouldn't be magic-proof, and therefore you can cast the spell on it, making it magic-proof which makes it...

In other words magic is terribly complicated and I shouldn't put that much thought in it. Bah.

If you think of magic as just another variant of energy, there is no loophole. You don't necessarily need magic to make something more resistent to magic.

Like, there exist natural materials that are just inherently more resistant to heat than others. Likewise there should exist materials that are just inherently less susceptible to magic. If you make sunglasses out of/with such a material, they would be naturally more resistent to magic influence.

but, assuming magic takes the form of some known energy, does that mean the glasses are resistant to any kind of energy?

Something like that could probably be Titanium or a Thermoset plastic, which are resistant to electricity, magnetism, heat, corrosion and are pretty strong

If the glasses are resistant to gravity and sound as well, then I have no idea

I'd like to sign up, but if you don't have the sprites of me from BttM, I need someone else to make it as my current sheet has no shading.

http://wiki.userpedia.net/Almond_Factory

EH0yPnE.png

Two new comics are up today (parts B and C of page 6.) I kind of changed my mind about how some elements of the story are gonna play out, but on the next page I still plan for the unification of Anton, Smasher, and Brock into the Almond Squad... or Trio... or something...

Name: Neptune

Alignment: whatever you feel fits best for you, i won't judge

also i want you to know mason that whenever you make a comic, you have full rights to have me make an appearance if you want me in your comic

because you make swood comics

http://wiki.userpedia.net/Almond_Factory

page 7 of issue 1 is out and i keep forgetting my comic exists and i changed my mind, issue 1 will end with the almond trio or squad or something forming and issue 2 will be the starting of their adventures yup totally legit story i totally won't change my mind again (not making any promises.)

also i went back and changed some of the older comics that had shitty speech bubbles because reasons and also i added extra logos for the shorts so all the shorts don't have the same logo (so you should totally re-read all the comics just so you can experience the new logos. one is based on calvin & hobbes, one is based on garfield, one is based on charlie brown, one is the original, and one has the legion of doom in the background.)

also, pt 2, revenge of the also, electric boogaloo: i'll get around to adding the signups i havent added yet when i'm not lazy and give me your genders please. (but neptune, no amount of communism is going to make me acknowledge lemon as a gender, and this is coming from a nonbinary.) i'm asking for genders so i don't accidentally misgender anyone in the comic.

Name: Meta Knight
Sprites: http://i.imgur.com/Og9kSpn.png
Alignment: Anti-Hero

If you won't accept an anti-hero then make me an ally

I forgot to bump this thread but I release parts A and B of the next page of Almond Factory.

Almond Factory was kind of supposed to be my way of kind of making up for not contributing as much as I used to to the Mario fanon community over the last couple years, but my personal life has been pretty stressful. I've been going through financial difficulties, there has been a lot of drama with my family (which I still have to deal with despite not living with them), health problems, I have another college class starting on September 28th, and I might be moving to another place in town soon.

I still plan to feature everyone who has signed up in the comic, but I keep changing my plans for the plot of the story and I don't know how much of the skeleton of the original story I had planned is going to be maintained. Hopefully I'll get out of the slump I'm in but it's not fair for me to promise weekly updates or anything.

EDIT: nvm it's dead now

since you started almond factory ive made exactly 1 comic

donmai

Back