Almond Factory

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
signups are open!

hFxrBIX.png

http://wiki.userpedia.net/Almond_Factory

Since I've cancelled a lot of fan games and sprite comics, this time I can't make any promises of commitment. But I'd like to try to create a new Userpedia Comic and finish the whole thing like I did with The Three Mushketeers.

Signup Queue
User
Anton
Smasher
Brock
Puddin
Fawfulthegreat64
Toad Eightyfive
Toadbert
Shy Guy
NEXandGBX
Nysic
MCD
Stargazing
Yoshiking
DragonFreak
UltraMario
Chibiki Daisy
Glitchy

Role
Hero ✅
Hero ✅
Hero ✅
Villain ✅
Villain ✅
Villain ✅
Villain ✅
Ally ✅
Ally ✅
Ally ✅
Villain ✅
Villain ✅
Ally
Villain
Villain ✅
Villain
Ally
(★ indicates users bumped ahead of the queue due to previously unfulfilled comic roles )
( red indicates I still need your sprites )
( ✅ symbol indicates user has appeared in the comic somewhere now )

All three hero spots have been filled.

Signups will be the usual "villain/ally; first come, first serve" queue. However, if you have previously signed up [for] [one] [of] [my] [comics] but the comic was finished or cancelled before you got a chance to make an appearance, and if you PM me the link to the post where you signed up, I will bump you up the waiting list for this comic.

Speaking of which, I remember promising someone else I'd bump them up the waiting list (or was it some other favor?) during my last comic if they PM'd me everyone's sprites. Who was that? Whoever it was, PM me and I'll do whatever that favor was for this comic instead.

To sign up to appear in this new comic, please post your character name, gender, sprite sheet, and if you want to be an ally, a villain, or the third hero. If your sprite sheet is private, you must PM me your sprite sheet and mention in your signup post that you PM'd me your sprite sheet. Your signup post needs to have four all of these things.

Let's get this show on the road! :wario:

Re: New Userpedia Sprite Comic

Name: Shy Guy

Role: Ally

Sprite Sheet: http://blackhook.deviantart.com/art/Shy-Guy-298185225

(Special Thanks to the guy who made the Sprite Sheet.)

I would join, bbuutt sprites aren't my thing. I'm attempting to make them, so if I'll join it'll be sometime this week.

NEXandGBX

Male

3rd Hero, but it is very VERY understandable if I'm not picked.

I'll try to make some sprites tomorrow, as I don't have the capabilities right now.

Name: Nysic

Role: Ally if possible.

NysicSprites.png

It's the Great Pumpkin said:
I'll try to make some sprites tomorrow, as I don't have the capabilities right now.
Guess what.
9jMgCpZ.png

From left to right, top to bottom; below each face is what it looks like from the back.

Posing, Facing Left, Facing right, Annoyed, Suprised.
Embarrassed, Punnery, Tired, Sad, Happy

[quote author=NEXandGBX]Guess what.
-img-
From left to right, top to bottom; below each face is what it looks like from the back.

[/quote]
I can't use those sprites. The outline color needs to be solid so the sprite can go on any type of background. Plus they are sort of big.

XPjkEnr.png

my sprite sheet

i dont mind what you use me for, i'll sign up for either bumbling hero or villain. however you want to use me is fine. i also dont mind being an ally or filler character if you have too many sign ups.

Puddink said:
It's the Great Pumpkin said:
Guess what.
-img-

I can't use those sprites. The outline color needs to be solid so the sprite can go on any type of background. Plus they are sort of big.

XPjkEnr.png
Urgh. I'll see if I can make them work tomorrow.

Just a reminder for anyone who wants to appear in the comic but doesn't have sprites: you don't have to make your own sprites. You can link to any sprite sheet from The Spriters Resource and I can use that to portray you.

Name: Stargazing
Role: Villain
Sprites:
rEYtBre.png

Please note that stargazingx13 is what I use as my deviantart name. I also put that little warning label because people on the internet, not including you guys, like to steal. If the sprites are too big or small, I can easily resize them, so don't hesitate to tell me.

Stargazing said:
Name: Stargazing
Role: Villain
Sprites: -img-

Please note that stargazingx13 is what I use as my deviantart name. I also put that little warning label because people on the internet, not including you guys, like to steal. If the sprites are too big or small, I can easily resize them, so don't hesitate to tell me.
I need them in their original size without JPEG image compression or I can't use them.

4u77e9U.png

Welp, I guess it's time to use the computer.
This won't take long.

Stargazing said:
If the sprites are too big or small, I can easily resize them, so don't hesitate to tell me.

You can't easily resize a sprite sheet without either rendering it unusable, warping it, or screwing up the resolution. The only way to actually resize a sprite is to manually redraw it in bigger resolution (which is usually a pain). One visible pixel of the sprite must equal one pixel of the sheet graphic, and the background must either be transparent, or one solid flat color without JPG artifacts or color bleeding caused by resizing.

Gabumon said:
Stargazing said:
If the sprites are too big or small, I can easily resize them, so don't hesitate to tell me.

You can't easily resize a sprite sheet without either rendering it unusable, warping it, or screwing up the resolution. The only way to actually resize a sprite is to manually redraw it in bigger resolution (which is usually a pain). One visible pixel of the sprite must equal one pixel of the sheet graphic, and the background must either be transparent, or one solid flat color without JPG artifacts or color bleeding caused by resizing.
I meant I have the actual PNG files for the sprites, and can reput them on the sprite sheet template I had set up. But, I didn't know half that stuff since I don't normally sprite on the computer, so thanks very much!

By the way: I have the PNG sprites (if imgur decided not to put them on a white background this time), aka they're fixed.
SdTl65Y.png

From what I can see, there's still an issue with color bleeding in that sheet. The sprite colors bleed into the transparent background and it looks a bit messy.

I took a custom Rosalina sheet from TSR and recolored it:

Stargazing_recolor_sprites.png

Like, compare how the individual pixels are all crisp and defined. That's important in a sprite sheet.

The one you took is the one I used, but it had no name on it (and probably was way lower quality, I feel so ripped off). I have no idea where I found it, but I've had it for a while, so I decided to use it. I spend like a couple of weeks attempted to draw and re-colour sprites myself in this one application I used, but they were not working, so I swapped over. That picture that I had of the sprites was honestly the best it would of let me do, because having XP as the processor (or however it's called) on the computer with no mouse isn't really the best, either.

Thank you so much, Edo. :)

You're welcome, though the person who made the sheet did most of the work really.

Some genius must have taken the sheet, cut off the credit label, and then saved it as a JPG (which should never be done with a sprite sheet because it tends to wreck them, often beyond repair). You probably got your version from such a source.

Here is the original.

Gabumon said:
You're welcome, though the person who made the sheet did most of the work really.
I know that, but I'm thanking you for recolouring it.

I also found another version, where he took off the credit label and then went and added bonus stuff, which is nice, except it might of wrecked the sprite sheet. I dunno.

http://wiki.userpedia.net/Almond_Factory

The first 5 comics are out! Or are they? The way I'm going to do this is that every odd numbered page of my comic is going to be a large paneled comic, and then every even numbered page will be three separate mini comic strips. That means my update pattern will be: large, mini, mini, mini, large, mini, mini, mini, and so on.

So right now what we have is five comics but two "pages." All in the same story of course, but I can use the smaller comics for throwaway gags and minor things that move the plot forward while the large paneled comics will have bigger and more complicated events.

Back