Apex 2015

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
A little early for this thread but it's never too early for Apex hype. Some great money matches like Chillen vs. Leffen coming up. 64, Melee, Brawl, and Wii U will all be present this year. All of the Smash games, with one glaring omission.

To address the elephant in the room, Project M is not present. This is a real shame because I know it has a massive and loyal fanbase. Since Nintendo is apparently sponsoring, it was kinda inevitable.

Still, Brawl has like no scene at all at this point and PM was doing nothing but getting bigger. It's a real shame.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?a=&v=zbyqhrNQqeM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Why isn't it January yet?

I hope Project M doesn't lose some support because of this but what's done is done. Nintendo won't ever support it, they can't both be there.

I probably won't watch Brawl because I'm kind of done with it completely. I tried my best to enjoy it but I can't anymore. I'll see how I like Smash 4, it can be kind of hype but most of the time it's pretty boring to watch. I would just watch Melee + PM but lol no PM. I might watch Melee + 64 since I really like how the hitstun is huge in that game.

Prediction: PPMD comes out of his grave and wrecks everyone.

Actual Prediction: Mango wins.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/09/nintendo-and-team-apex-partnering-up-for-apex-2015-with-super-smash-bros/

That explains the lack of P:M.

But holy shit the salty suite this year. Ken vs PC Chris and Chillen vs. Leffen. This is gonna be hype as hell.

APEX 2015: By the community, for the community

Except for that community right there. You see those PM guys? They should f*ck off, we want Nintendo's money.

oh no apex has every smash game except one thats not even technically its own game just a brawl mod
woe is us

Yeah, when Nintendo is one of the partnerships for a con holding a Smash tourney. Project M is just an unofficial mod. It may be more professionally worked on then most game mods are, but as far as Nintendo is concerned. It's no more it's own game then the Brawl hacks that only change one simple thing from the main game.

I personally don't even consider Project M it's own game anyway. I don't think it should be considered as such considering you need a Brawl disc in order to play it, and unless you get mods that weren't originally in Project M's files for it. The sounds, graphics (Besides of course the additional costumes, but they're still stylized like if they were in Brawl), and alot of other things remain the same.

I have Star Wars Battlefront 1 on my Mac with plenty of mods to choose from if I wanted to. One of which was to make it more realistic to the Star Wars films by making the laser guns fire faster and soldiers die more easily. Substantially changing the gameplay. But does that make it an all new game? I don't think so. My thoughts on viewing Project M as a seperate game are the same way as with the Battlefront mods that make the game more faster-paced.

I do appreciate the hard work that the PM Dev team put into all the characters and the fan-service they trickled down throughout (Such as Sonic having his classic finger-wag as a Taunt and many of the costumes for most of the characters). And I haven't played regular Brawl ever since I got Project M, but that has nothing to do with the gameplay (Besides well, making Sonic more viable then he is in Brawl. Love that F+Air Spike). Just the ability to add more music I like, more costumes I like (Ex: I love using a Classic Sonic alt I found), and more stages I like without having to hack the game.

Magikrazy said:
oh no apex has every smash game except one thats not even technically its own game just a brawl mod
woe is us
But did Project M ever had a slot in Apex ever?

So, considering the context, your snarky argument doesn't work well.

Magikrazy said:
woe is us
Because Apex had the Barlw mod as well. If it didn't have Barlw mod in the first place, the argument could've worked better.

I do hope the nintendo sponsorship only lasts until smash 4 sales start to die down but until then I'll enjoy the ride.

I really liked the modded Melee they had at Beast 5 with the red theme and logo on stages but apparently Alex Strife asked them to get rid of it. I don't know if this is just him being overly cautious or Nintendo asking him to get rid of it because it's an Apex qualifier but this bothers me more than it should.

I know P:M isn't really an official game but it got hundreds of entrants last year. This year Brawl has 90. I see no reason for Brawl to be there as most of the players have moved on to Smash 4.

Maki Nishikino said:
Isn't that like, exactly one more entrant than EVO.

Also did Isai and Mango register in time?
Apparently Isai has conflicts and can't go. Real shame.

But holy shit over 1000 entrants. Melee will never die.

GalacticPetey said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Isn't that like, exactly one more entrant than EVO.

Also did Isai and Mango register in time?
Apparently Isai has conflicts and can't go. Real shame.

But holy shit over 1000 entrants. Melee will never die.
I might've ended up winning Smash 64. But my dad refused to let me go.

The fact that Isai is not there will make Smash 64 very interesting. He was guaranteed to win if he showed up. I don't know enough about competitive Smash 64 to determine who will win.

Have you been to big tournaments? Claiming you can win an Apex Tournament is a very big claim. Of course, if you're skilled enough then no problem. I hope this doesn't sound rude. Just curious.

Back