Majora's Mask 3D

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Edo, if I had the money, I'd spend it on a copy for you. :(
Yeah, I agree, Sadly, my money is just about non-existent and not enough for a game copy.
EDIT: Also not in Europe.

I haven't played a lot of the game myself, but I did watch Chuggaa's LP of it. And yeah, it's not particularly dark, but it's very tonally different from anything Nintendo's done, very somber. It does feel like there's a gravity to the things you're doing, as opposed to the normally upbeat Zelda games.

For me, the time system and lack of dungeons means I wouldn't enjoy the game that much. I'm not too much of a sidequest person (though I've been enjoying the Wind Waker sidequests. I still need to finish that.) But I can certainly appreciate why people like it.

New Super Mario said:
I really want the poster...

I'll only buy it if they have an option to take off the time system. I just don't like it at all.

...says the person that likes Pikmin, which involves a time mechanic similar to this where you can only accomplish a certain amount of things in a give amount of time. Not to mention you are given 72 hours (72 minutes) to do things, and 144 if you use Inverted Song of Time.

I don't think you understand that the entire game of Majora's Mask is centered around the time mechanic. That's like saying that Link shouldn't be able to travel 7 years into the future in OoT, or to sail the seas in Wind Waker, or transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess.

You literally could not play Majora's Mask without the time mechanic. It's literally impossible. The time function gives the characters a life, a story arc, a feeling of joy to despair as the moon slowly comes closer to crashing, watching Anju and Kafei's relationship, Cremia and Romani on the final night...

The Groundhog Day-esqueness and the timelimit is what makes this game so ultra good

Without them it wouldn't be half as good imo

Claus said:
New Super Mario said:
I really want the poster...

I'll only buy it if they have an option to take off the time system. I just don't like it at all.

...says the person that likes Pikmin, which involves a time mechanic similar to this where you can only accomplish a certain amount of things in a give amount of time. Not to mention you are given 72 hours (72 minutes) to do things, and 144 if you use Inverted Song of Time.

I don't think you understand that the entire game of Majora's Mask is centered around the time mechanic. That's like saying that Link shouldn't be able to travel 7 years into the future in OoT, or to sail the seas in Wind Waker, or transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess.

You literally could not play Majora's Mask without the time mechanic. It's literally impossible. The time function gives the characters a life, a story arc, a feeling of joy to despair as the moon slowly comes closer to crashing, watching Anju and Kafei's relationship, Cremia and Romani on the final night...

you have to admit that the save system is incredibly wonky though

I might get this. I watched Chuggaconroy's LP of it and it looked like a good game. I'll have to finish Ocarina of Time 3D first though.

Yoshidude99 said:
I might get this. I watched Chuggaconroy's LP of it and it looked like a good game. I'll have to finish Ocarina of Time 3D first though.

if you loved ocarina of time, chances are, you'll love this

I will admit, the save system in this game isn't the best but it's intentional with the time limit theme and making sure every decision is important within the game, knowing that if you screw up, you will pay.

Also when I first played I used the song of inverted time most of the way throughput, when I get this, should I try to play without it?

I have a question is it possible to complete the whole game in one run with the inverted song of time?

Sylveon said:
I have a question is it possible to complete the whole game in one run with the inverted song of time?

i think so...if you speed run it

You have to reset time at least once to complete the game because the "prologue" stretches over an entire three-day-cycle. After that, you could theoretically finish the game in the second cycle if you're really fast.

But the point of the game is pretty much the sidequests, which, to my knowledge, require at least three cycles to complete.

Sylveon said:

I doubt it. You need to unlock Epona by talking with Romani on Day 1, which will require you to have finished the first two dungeons, as well as unlocking the Powder Keg, which in itself takes a few minutes to do. So I think - not including the first day - you have to at least do two days. Maybe 3, since I know that The Great Bay and Ikana Valley have a lot of things you need to do before you can reach their temples.

I think it takes at least 3 to 4 days - on a speedrun - to complete it, unless you use glitches.

Limited Edition for US is available for preorder, grab it before it is out same as wind waker with ganondorf

Already preordered mine

EDIT: Amazon and GameStop is already sold out so I got lucky

[continuing 2 month old conversation lol] actually gabumon's right about the six days thing. you can google up videos of people doing it

afaik it actually takes 12 days to do all the sidequests, though

anju and kafei's quest has to be played at least twice to help everyone, since you can either let the postman deliver the letter to madam aroma, or deliver it yourself. but neither of those cycles can be the same as the one in which you help the bomb shop woman, because if you interfere with sakon on day one he won't visit the curiosity shop on day three. thus kafei never meets sakon and never goes to ikana canyon, and sakon's hideout becomes impossible to complete

there are some other incompatibilities (like the fact that you can't help ???, the business scrubs, and kafei and anju in one cycle) but i can't think of any that would push it to a minimum of 15 days

Has a definite release date been announced for this by now?

Yeah. The only additional feature they announced was a 360-degree camera.

Can Majora's Mask 3D play on the normal 3DS?

Holy crap!

The graphics honestly make the game look so different. OoT had some spots where it was like "oh, okay, this looks different" but this game just...it takes me a moment to recognize the places.

Also, looks like Twinmold's battle will involve going Super Mario 64 style on it.

Back