The Official Music Thread

Guns N' Roses = Win

Only classic GnR. Their new album is shit; Not even Buckethead managed to save it.

Yeah, and Buckethead is really damn talented.

No shit. And he wears a fucking bucket on his head in public! How damn awesome is that?

By the way, I listened to some of Isis' music. It was good, but they really didn't need to add that sludge death growl. It was annoying.

Blue Monday said:
Only classic GnR. Their new album is *bleep*; Not even Buckethead managed to save it.
I thought "Shackler's Revenge" was pretty good. However, I haven't heard much classic GnR stuff yet, so for all I know, "Shackler's Revenge" may be shit compared to that.

Stooben Rooben said:
I have a hard time picking "Karma Police", or "Creep" as my favorite song of theirs.

In my opinion, their best songs are:

12. Creep - Pablo Honey
11. Street Spirit (Fade Out) - The Bends
10. Climbing Up the Walls - OK Computer
9. My Iron Lung - The Bends
8. Fake Plastic Trees - The Bends
7. A Wolf at the Door - Hail to the Thief
6. 2 + 2 = 5 - Hail to the Thief
5. Kid A - Kid A
4. Optimistic - Kid A
3. Pyramid Song - Amnesiac
2. Idioteque - Kid A
1. Paranoid Android - OK Computer

"Paranoid Android" was designed really well. It's pretty awesome that the song was made just for fun; It sounds so serious, but really it's all just a joke.

Why don't you remember my name? Off with his head, man!

OK, Yeah Yeah Yeahs are now officially my third favorite band of the 21st century. I fucking love their style.

Has anybody heard of Brian Setzer? He's an awesome rock(ish) guitarist.

Yes, of course. He had the best neo-rockabilly songs with his band Stray Cats.

I've never listened to that band, but I listen to his new band Brian Setzer Orchestra a lot.

Today, I got this CD called "Rockability Riot". It's by Brian Setzer, and it's sort of a hits album from other artists. Anyone heard of it?

No, but me and my brother have bought 16 albums in the past two weeks; The majority of them are great, but my brother, sadly, is a fan of death metal so a few of the albums he bought are shit.

I've been digging into more of The Mars Volta's work recently and, my god, these guys are fantastic. Without a doubt one of the best bands I have ever listened to.

Yeah, pretty much any of the old jazz artists are awesome.

I personally believe Miles Davis was the greatest jazz artist of all time. But that's just me.

My dad also thinks Miles Davis was the best jazz player. I think so too.

Back