The Official Music Thread

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Discuss anything music-related here.

I still find it sad that no store here sells INXS albums. I mean, honestly, INXS were one of the most popular Aussie groups ever, and I can't find a single store here in Melbourne that sells them. It's just depressing, man. :(

I'm surpised no one made this sooner. I like video game music, and the "Strong Bad is a bad guy" song on Homestar Runner.

I wonder if I phoned my local radio station they'd play Clubbed to Death? I wonder if they have it.

Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:
I like Weird Al and Philemon Arthur & the Dung. In fact, PA&tD remind me of Weird Al's early days.

Does Arthur/Dung make fun of songs?
Are you saying that Weird Al makes fun of songs? Not bloody likely, man. <_<

Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:
I like Weird Al and Philemon Arthur & the Dung. In fact, PA&tD remind me of Weird Al's early days.

Nope, but they are two guys making funny songs with simple instruments. Just like Weird Al's early days. Al played the accordion and Bermuda (his drummer) banged some various things. In a similar fashion, Philemon Arthur played an untuned guitar or the accordion while the Dung banged various things.

Well, actually, most of their songs are just random nonsense, but some are clever satire disguised as random nonsense which parodies various stuff, sometimes including music. They also claim to be inspired by "everything from Chuck Berry to folk music".

Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:

Nope, but they are two guys making funny songs with simple instruments. Just like Weird Al's early days. Al played the accordion and Bermuda (his drummer) banged some various things. In a similar fashion, Philemon Arthur played an untuned guitar or the accordion while the Dung banged various things.

Well, actually, most of their songs are just random nonsense, but some are clever satire disguised as random nonsense which parodies various stuff, sometimes including music. They also claim to be inspired by "everything from Chuck Berry to folk music".

Random nonsense, I think Id like them.

Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:

Random nonsense, I think Id like them.

Too bad you won't understand what they say.

Actually, there are three songs of theirs on Youtube that have translated lyrics.

Smiddle said:
What the name of one/some of PA&tD's songs? I'd like to give 'em a listen.

Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

They sing in Swedish, so you won't understand them, but some of their songs are actually quite catchy.

In kommer Gösta ("Gösta enters")
Om ni tycker jag undviker er ("If you think I'm avoiding you")
Henning i sin presenning ("Henning in his tarpaulin")
Blomman ("Flower")
Ingenting i din hjärna ("Nothing in your brain")

Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

They sing in Swedish, so you won't understand them, but some of their songs are actually quite catchy.

Blomman ("Flower")

I liked the Finnish Ducktales theme song, so...

Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

Blomman ("Flower")

lol :P

Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:
Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

Blomman ("Flower")

lol :P

inorite

Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

Blomman ("Flower")
Thanks! They're not too bad actually. If I get a computer again, I plan to download a few of their tunes.

Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

Blomman ("Flower")
Thanks! They're not too bad actually. If I get a computer again, I plan to download a few of their tunes.

Their oldest songs are their best, most of their newer are crap.

Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:

Blomman ("Flower")

Their oldest songs are their best, most of their newer are crap.
*bump*

Thanks; I liked "Ingenting i din hjärna". It seemed catchy to me for some reason.

*New Subject*

I think B.I.G is being to idolised by rappers and people who like rappers. Rappers keep wondering why he had to die, I mean come on the guy was like the devil, he corrupted alot of people with his music.

"It's Been a While" has true, but very emo lyrics.

Back