Adding textures to a model?

Well crap. If you recheck it does it repose?

If not, I don't think it's too tough to repose him.

Nope, and I can't even undo it (saying "undo" does nothing). I would repose him but the bones are still in that pose. Moving them still moves the arm which is in the T position...

I had to re open the project, but he's still posed. This'll screw everything up.

I find it strange that it would revert to its normal position. Though I think the only time I edited a mesh after rigging a model was prior to posing it.

I suggest you get the vanilla model back (it always helps to have a backup), do the deform thing first to edit his mesh, and then select his bones and pose him that way.

Also, you don't have to close this scene. You can import the vanilla Antasma model into this scene. If he's in a .max file its fully possible to merge that scene with the current. That way after you edited it you know exactly how the bones are posed with the previous model. You can delete it once you're done.

No it shouldnt. You can always select it by element rather than vertex or faces (click on the cube icon to the far right), that way, you can usually select only the certain element you want. If that method also selects the arms as well, well you have to painstakingly select it individually by face. You can always click and drag select multiple faces at once but make sure to deselect any undesirable faces.

I tried resizing and it kept stretching the bowtie backwards rather than thickening it. Is there a way I can make a new shape to place behind it and thicken it?

I guess you can make a copy of the shape then merge them together as a singe mesh.

Delete the arms then. Press "delete" when you have the arms selected

When I try to delete the copied arms, the original arms also disappear. Also when I move the copy, the original moves with it.

Did you clone the model as an "instance"? If you did whatever changes you make to the clone will.also affect the original. Make sure the clone is marked under "copy" and not "instance" when you clone a model.

Did you remember to right click and unhide all? Or did you accidentally delete them?

I dunno since shortly after I posted that I just gave up and restarted. For some reason when I click Element, this happens:
pvMuc.jpg

The arms detatch from the skeleton and go back into that T position.

King Antasma said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
I tried the bat form, and this is how it looks in the preview (on the print order website):
sw2IF.jpg

As you can see, WebGL hit a snag. It looked perfectly fine in 3DS Max, is this just an error on the preview generator's part? Or will it actually print like that? That was the second time I uploaded it, and I re-textured it the second time.

(Oh and I'm not claiming to own the model or anything, this is just for private use. It won't be public)
My renders now look like this:

1rs8J.jpg

I don't know what setting I fucked up.
^The above has been resolved. The below has not.

28wGC.jpg

How do I get rid of the whiteness? There should be nothing there, but it's white. It shares elements and faces with the colored part so I can't just delete that stuff.

I actually don't know how to get 3DS Max to read transparency when rendering. I know how to fix transparency in Gmod. I might port Antasma today.

If you make it an .obj file, it will lose its rig :/

I don't necessarily need to make sure it IS .obj to port it to Gmod, it's just that my 3DS Max absolutely refuses to read .dae files.

You can save it as a .max scene, I'm sure my 3DS Max could read THAT. Or any file that keeps the rig, I hope.

Oh great then, I can do that. Just give me a few minutes and I will upload them to mediafire.

EDIT: If I upload a .max file do I need to also upload the textures, or are they saved in the file?

Please upload the textures as well. If they're not there, where would it read the texture info from?

https://www.mediafire.com/?cpm6ucsmkg4ktdi

I also added Fawful to this rar file, in case you wanted to do him as well.

K thanks!

Warning: this may take a while. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Ok so I ran into a problem immediately: it couldn't open the .max file. It could read the preview for some strange reason but it couldn't open the .max file. Just to let you know, I'm using 3DS Max 2010.

uggh I guess .obj will do

Back