What DO you like in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U?

I feel like everyone has been rather pessimistic about the 3DS and voicing their complains more than what Sakurai did good about this game.

+ Making it suited for on-the-go playing by bringing it to the 3DS version.
+ Having the most character and by far the best variety of characters to choose from.
+ The newcomer additions like Rosalina, Little Mac, Palutena, and Robin (just naming a few) who seem very unique and are very likable already.
+ Stages having a Final Destination mode so that there's more variety when people do FD only battles.
+ Some of the more unique stages, as well as great additions like Magicant, Mute City, Paper Mario, and Dream Land.
+ The requirements to unlocking characters are easier and more worthwhile than some of the previous installments.

nnothing

Like the only thing I like about it.so far is that It's a smash portable game

Also Smash Run is awesome

I like the characters
I like a select few stages a lot
I like the new classic mode
I like that it's portable
I like that it's Smash Bros.
I like that it feels good to play
I like the new ledge mechanics
I like the FD versions of every stage
I like Master Core
I like that some characters got buffs
I like that Yoshi has some hilarious glitches
I like lots of the music selection.

What I can think from now:
  • Dr Mario comeback
  • Wario Ware stage back
  • Ganondorf buffed
  • Female Villager
  • Smash Run
  • Mario stages
  • Portable Smash Bros
  • Snake cut

The main things I've found most enjoyable from Smash 4 are the characters, the majority of the stages, and the music.

+ Newcomers such as Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Greninja, and Lucina
+ The fact they split apart Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus
+ Ignoring the returning stages, the new stages are actually very nice looking; Magicant is by far my favorite new Smash stage (and I haven't even played the actual game, just the demo). Mute City, Paper Mario, Dream Land, 3D Land, Pac-Maze, and even PictoChat 2 look very enjoyable.
+ The music in this game is extremely solid, even for just two tracks per stage. The Gerudo Valley music might be my favorite music in any Smash game as of now, I absolutely love the way the track sounds.
+ The revamp of Classic Mode is definitely welcome and it looks so much better than its incarnations beforehand
+ All-Star Mode being available from the start is niiiiceeee
+ Smash Run does look really good; there are a few flaws with it from what I've seen, but it looks enjoyable for the most part and I cannot wait to try it
+ The palette swaps are really silly and all great looking
+ Final Destination versions of all the stages? Thank you Sakurai.

Forgot a few:

+ Custom movesets is amazing, and it gives fighters a lot more variety
+ Although Uprising wasn't a perfect game, I am glad they brought back the difficulty thing from the game for Classic Mode. Smart choice imo
+ Having Gamecube controllers available for the Wii U version is AMAZING TYVM
+ Personally, I'm glad Ganondorf didn't get his moveset revamped. He was one of my mains in Brawl and I can't wait to give that moveset a try again.

Bowser Jr.
Villager
Snake cut
Chain Chomp as an assist trophy
Better stages
Another Mario Kart stage
Duck Hunt
Rosalina

Edit: Crap I forgot Pac Man.

-The unique newcomers are all good choices, especially Villager, Mega Man, and Little Mac.
-Smash Run.
-Classic Mode looks like the best incarnation yet.
-Some good 3DS stages, particularly Paper Mario, Mute City, and Magicant.
-Wii U stage selection looks even better, my favorites being Mario Galaxy, Skyloft, Pilotwings, and as of today Orbital Gate.
-Ike and Lucario weren't cut and are likely here for good now.
-Mostly good selections of items, assists, and Pokemon.
-Music sounds good from what I've heard
-Transforming characters split up.
-Eight palette swaps per character.
-Trophy shop.
-It's Smash Bros.

- Most of the Newcomer choices and/or their unique fighting styles
- CUSTOM MOVESETS
- Sonic returned
- Portability of the 3DS Version
- Smash Run (Even if it is a shame it won't be Online)
- Gamecube Controller Adapter

I'm sure there's more that I could say, but these are a few of the major ones for me.

+Thousand Year Door getting stage section
+Rogueport and Try Try Again as music
+Major Bowser buff (seriously he is fun as heck now)
+The fact that there's Paper Mario trophies, even if they're all from that....game
+Rainbow Road stage with awesome medley
+Bowser Jr., while not my most wanted Mario newcomer, plays quite well and is fun to use
+Dr. Mario, because Mario bias
+Trophy Rush
+Final Destination looks badass
+PORTABLE SMASH
+Mario & Luigi stage/trophy potential in Wii U version thanks to MLSS's release on Wii U

I don't like the 3DS version. Really nothing special about it since it's just a hindrance and a gimped port of the definitive version. I much rather it didn't exist. The Wii U version looks great.

There's a lot of things Sakurai has done in this game with little to no reason or just plain made no sense at all. Some are completely stupid.

DaKid said:
I don't like the 3DS version. Really nothing special about it since it's just a hindrance and a gimped port of the definitive version. I much rather it didn't exist. The Wii U version looks great.

I wouldn't really call it a gimped port. The team worked hard to make the new Smash Bros. on both consoles. And from my experience with the demo, the gameplay still runs as smoothly as past Smash Bros. games have.

Granted yes, It's a shame it's existence ended up getting the Ice Climbers cut. But it's portable Smash Bros.. You can take it wherever you want to. And having both means you can really have a Smash Bros. you do at home and one you can do on the road. For me, that's the definitive Smash 4 experience.

Even if it does turn out quite inferior to the Wii U version (Though it will still sell more at least initially. More people have 3DS's then Wii U's). I think it should be praised for a smooth-looking portable Smash Bros. game. I'm personally excited more for the Wii U version too, but that's not to say I'm not ecstatic that the 3DS version is out really soon. It's still Smash Bros. after all. (And we don't even really know alot about the Wii U version other then what it has in common with the 3DS version besides different stage selection)

DaKid said:
You do realize there was originally only going to be a 3DS version right?

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
DaKid said:
Yes and I'm glad as hell it isn't because it would be massively disappointing on its own.

Northern Verve said:
DaKid said:

I wouldn't really call it a gimped port. The team worked hard to make the new Smash Bros. on both consoles. And from my experience with the demo, the gameplay still runs as smoothly as past Smash Bros. games have.

Granted yes, It's a shame it's existence ended up getting the Ice Climbers cut. But it's portable Smash Bros.. You can take it wherever you want to. And having both means you can really have a Smash Bros. you do at home and one you can do on the road. For me, that's the definitive Smash 4 experience.

Even if it does turn out quite inferior to the Wii U version (Though it will still sell more at least initially. More people have 3DS's then Wii U's). I think it should be praised for a smooth-looking portable Smash Bros. game. I'm personally excited more for the Wii U version too, but that's not to say I'm not ecstatic that the 3DS version is out really soon. It's still Smash Bros. after all. (And we don't even really know alot about the Wii U version other then what it has in common with the 3DS version besides different stage selection)

It's nice that it's portable and all I personally don't really care about that. I think Smash is best played at home on a big TV but that's just me. Smash 3DS may be preferred by others than that and that's fine. It's not the 3DS fault that made it hinder the Wii U version, it's Sakurai's decisions that made it really.

DaKid said:
Did I miss where this was said? I don't remember ever seeing this and google isn't helping me find it.

edit: also DaKid, this is the what do you like thread. There's already a what you don't like thread. edit2: hell, you even made it so why are you bitching here instead of there?

Maki Nishikino said:
DaKid said:
Did I miss where this was said? I don't remember ever seeing this and google isn't helping me find it.

edit: also DaKid, this is the what do you like thread. There's already a what you don't like thread. edit2: hell, you even made it so why are you *bleep*ing here instead of there?

I said I liked the Wii U version so far.

oh wow, 10% of your post is about the topic at hand. nice.

seriously, if you came here to talk about what you like you would have actually made an effort to cover up that you're here just to shit on the 3ds version. We get it, you do not like that there is a 3ds version that holds back the Wii U version in various ways. We don't need to hear it over and over in threads where it isn't even relevant.

Maki Nishikino said:
oh wow, 10% of your post is about the topic at hand. nice.

seriously, if you came here to talk about what you like you would have actually made an effort to cover up that you're here just to *bleep* on the 3ds version. We get it, you do not like that there is a 3ds version that holds back the Wii U version in various ways. We don't need to hear it over and over in threads where it isn't even relevant.
Did I mention I don't like the 3DS version? No? Let me start at the beginning...

Honestly, there's so much I love about this game, it would be easier to state the things I don't like, which I did in the other thread.

DaKid said:

There's a lot of things Sakurai has done in this game with little to no reason or just plain made no sense at all. Some are completely stupid.

Well, this is a "what we like" thread, not a "blah blah reasons why I hate the 3DS even though there's another topic I made just for that" thread.

If you have nothing relevant to the topic at hand, then don't post in here. Post in the other thread. And I'm sure there is something that you like about the 3DS version, because if you like the Wii U version, then you'll like some of the elements of the 3DS version.

- it's on the 3DS
- Bowser Jr. Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, DHD, are playable
- good online mode
- Smash Run

ftr those are just things I REALLY like about it, listing everything I like would take too long

Claus said:
DaKid said:

Well, this is a "what we like" thread, not a "blah blah reasons why I hate the 3DS even though there's another topic I made just for that" thread.

If you have nothing relevant to the topic at hand, then don't post in here. Post in the other thread. And I'm sure there is something that you like about the 3DS version, because if you like the Wii U version, then you'll like some of the elements of the 3DS version.

Nope. everything has turned out to be disappointing with the 3DS version that I was excited about. The Wii U version is what my eye is on now.

I like the Wii U Stages.
1080p @ 60fps
Wii U's garaphics and art style
Character expressions in the Wii U version
Pac-Man
My mains returning.

DaKid said:
Nope. everything has turned out to be disappointing with the 3DS version that I was excited about. The Wii U version is what my eye is on now.

> Everyone disappointing in 3DS
> Your eye on the Wii U version.

~70% of the 3DS is going to be with the Wii U.

I think you've mistaken the title of this thread. It's what DO you like in SSB4, not DO you like SSB4.

DaKid said:
Pac-Man
My mains returning.

Welp, there's two things you like in the 3DS version.

The 3DS version is pretty shotty and leaves much to be desired. Read that post again, it's been edited.

GC Controller support.
Smash and GCC bundle.

Back