Japanese translation help

Stargatedalek

What do you mean Im late to the fad? Thats my moe!
I'm trying to translate this, and I'm not sure how well I've done
velociraptor_skeletal_by_michell_vall-d7zxe1g.png

velociraptor_skeletal_kanji_by_michell_vall-d7zxev3.png

Re: Kanji translation help

You want the romanji or do you want an English translation for the text? Because I'm pretty sure the bottom image is an English version of the top.

my bad, I think I posted before I finished typing :-[

I translated it to Kanji, and I'm wondering if my translation is correct

1. thanks
2. since it was the title I didn't feel italics were in order, in a text body I would generally use italics, so noted ;)
3. thanks again, I guess I knew that, I just didn't think of that when I worded it... I meant Kanji the alphabet, but I got mixed up and went to word it as if Kanji were a language
(is the alphabet Kanji? I thought that was what I was using)
4. Sans is all that Inkscape labels it, hope thats specific enough
5. thanks, how do these lines fit?

skeletal reconstruction as a vector image
ベクタ画像としての骨格復元

credit to Scott Hartman
スコット·ハートマン氏の功績

again thanks for all the help, much appreciated :D

Florence said:
oh and, @ baby luigi, it's actually rōmaji, not romanji. i used to make this mistake too. the japanese word rōmaji is actually based on the latin (or maybe italian) word "roma", not english "roman". the word "roman" would probably never be imported into japanese because of the way it's constructed

huh. me and my big tendencies to make all sorts of mispronunciations

I'll keep that in mind next time, though I'm casually learning Japanese as my sis is taking classes

Baby Luigi said:
Florence said:
oh and, @ baby luigi, it's actually rōmaji, not romanji. i used to make this mistake too. the japanese word rōmaji is actually based on the latin (or maybe italian) word "roma", not english "roman". the word "roman" would probably never be imported into japanese because of the way it's constructed

huh. me and my big tendencies to make all sorts of mispronunciations

I'll keep that in mind next time, though I'm casually learning Japanese as my sis is taking classes
... how did you spell it as "romanji"? I thought you listened to me about it. :P

Also, Japanese has technically two alphabets. Kanji isn't one of them. The first "alphabet" is hiragana, used for native Japanese words and verbs (I think). The second "alphabet" is katakana, which is used mainly for loanwords, generally, from English (e.g. Mario's name, computers, ice cream).

Don't mind me, it was a brainfart

Dr. Mario said:
Also, Japanese has technically two alphabets. Kanji isn't one of them. The first "alphabet" is hiragana, used for native Japanese words and verbs (I think). The second "alphabet" is katakana, which is used mainly for loanwords, generally, from English (e.g. Mario's name, computers, ice cream).

i wouldn't call them alphabets. they're technically called syllabaries

...that might be overly pedantic of me, though

going into all the details of what words tend to be written in what character set could take the rest of our natural lives, by the way. you can just keep piling on more and more details about when to use what indefinitely

Florence said:
Dr. Mario said:

i wouldn't call them alphabets. they're technically called syllabaries

...that might be overly pedantic of me, though

going into all the details of what words tend to be written in what character set could take the rest of our natural lives, by the way. you can just keep piling on more and more details about when to use what indefinitely
Whoops, I meant to put all instances of the word "alphabet" into quotes, I just missed the first one. I know they technically aren't alphabet. They're a bunch of syllables, as you said. I just thought "alphabet" would be a nice simple term to understand.

Don't mind being pedantic, I don't mind people correcting me over word usage.

thanks so much for the help everyone, it means a lot

hopefully this one is improved
velociraptor_skeletal_japanese_by_michell_vall-d7zzb1n.png

skeletal reconstruction could be synonymous with skeletal drawing, that might make things less confusing

Back