What are you going to school for?

Biology.

Another two years after this and then I get my bachelor's. :yoshi:

Rosalina and Luma said:
Wait, I have a question for all you people that are way older than I,

If I wanted to study astronomy, or anything star related, what degrees or whatever do I get?
You'd definitely need some kind of science degree behind you, including some physics, but other than that idk.

You probably need some knowledge in chemistry (spectrometry) , and you need some mathematics, maybe trigonometry for parallax measurements.

Usually colleges/Universities have websites that you can go to and see what the majors that college offers, what the field of study it is in (i.e. School of Business), and (I at least know mine does) you can view your degree and see what the required classes are for said degree.

An example is mine: Click here. I mean, for me, I'm taking classes not on there that will be towards a masters in Composition (my school doesn't have an undergrad in comp unfortunately), but it's really great for seeing a rough outline of what you need to take, what the course descriptions are, and the requirements for those courses.

So if you're going into Astronomy, my university doesn't seem to offer it, so I'm going to use a different college: Click Here and you'll learn about courses and classes for getting a Bachelor's in Astronomy and Astrophysics.

These are just a few examples. Look at the websites of the colleges/Universities you want to go to and I'm sure they'll give you tons of information that will be useful for planning what you want to do. I spent hours every couple of weeks looking through courses and classes - mostly trying to figure out what exactly I want to double major in - seeing what there is and what I might find interesting or what I might want to avoid.

Anna said:
astronomy is a major, i think? i'm not sure, i'm pretty terrible at astronomy

it is
I have to take that before I can do astrophysics which is annoying

Anna said:
although there are tons of interesting jobs available with a poli sci degree. i recently heard about one with the fbi where they employ political scientists to predict threats on the homefront, which sounds really fascinating and also very relevant what with isis and all
javelin tagged as cia
they probably think we're all threats if they have access to mj

something related to architecture or commercial aviation, most likely the former

Not in college yet, but I've been pretty set on software development for a while.

i'm not quite sure what to major in

i plan on studying engineering, computer science, and/or film, but i don't think i'll know for certain until i take the classes themselves

I already have a bachelor's of science specializing in ecology and evolutionary biology, and now I'm going for a master's in the same, since my school doesn't let us specialize any further (if it did, I'd make my degree in ornithology). I might try to spin it into a PhD, but it depends on how promising my project's looking after the first year or so, and whether or not I can secure funding.

Entered my second year of college. I'm taking Computing Systems Engineering. So far we're learning coding with Java, also learning binary and hexidecimal.

Walkazo said:
I already have a bachelor's of science specializing in ecology and evolutionary biology, and now I'm going for a master's in the same, since my school doesn't let us specialize any further (if it did, I'd make my degree in ornithology). I might try to spin it into a PhD, but it depends on how promising my project's looking after the first year or so, and whether or not I can secure funding.
Sorry for sounding nosy, but I'm wondering... are you doing to go into the ornithology field... or something similar to that?

Rosalina and Luma said:
Wait, I have a question for all you people that are way older than I,

If I wanted to study astronomy, or anything star related, what degrees or whatever do I get?
Will probs be different over here (UK), but when I had an interest in it and was looking around it heavily suggested Physics, Chemistry and Maths. And depending on what part you want to go into Biology and Geology.

I'm going for my associates in Culture, Science, & Technology and currently I'm a degree program to become a Clinical Laboratory Technician. Getting that CLT certification is my one way ticket to becoming a forensic scientist since CLTs can work in police laboratories.
Most of the colleges offering Forensic Science are way too far away from where I live and also hella expensive so I choose this program as a substitute.

I'm taking Software Engineering. I'll be done in 3 years (hopefully). I enjoy it and it fits me well, I'm well ahead of even 2nd year material (I've been programming since I was 8, that should say a lot).

Learning Financial Lessons,History,Turkish etc.
I go to school 2 days and go to work 3 days. I have got a university exam in March 15, 2015.

Back