What are you going to school for?

[I don't think there is a topic for this, and I searched, so if I somehow missed, just let me know and have it merged into a pre-existing one unless it's really old.]

Referring to the subect I mean for a degree. Like, or College/University people or people beginning to graduate from HS or are in their Senior year, what are you going to study for your undergraduate/graduate and eventually get a degree in (or if you already got one)? I thought it would be something nice to know with some people since a lot of people on here are in that range for their educational part of their life.

I'll begin.

I am currently going for a degree in Bachelor's of Arts/Science in Music on Flute Principal, which I'm using to get a Masters in Music Composition. I am also double majoring, though I am currently not sure what I want to double major in, though it's only my second year.

I am 17 this year, so this is my last year of secondary school. I don't know what should I choose in the future though.

Currently studying Creative Writing, English Literature and History. Aim to go to university in 2016 to get a degree in Journalism.

Well I already graduated but I'm posting anyways.

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science with a Major in Fine Art (focus in Photography), and Minors in Physical Anthropology and Forensic Science. I have the credits for another Minor in Environmental Science, but they only allow 2 on the degree, and like 2 upper level sociology classes away from a double Major in Criminal Justice, but I didn't feel like sticking around for another semester to shell out like $6000 for something I probably won't actually use.

I'm planning on going to get my Masters degree in Photography and go towards becoming a professor, but for now I'm saving up money and paying off current loans and getting life sorted out so I can do grad school with some level of comfort.

I'm in community college to transfer. I'm planning to major in digital art, specifically 3d art

Still in high school, so I'm not "majoring" in anything just yet.

But, unless I change my mind somewhere down the road, I plan to major in chemistry or chemical engineering

Also, relevant:

every_majors_terrible.png

I like it how the comic doesn't have any art stuff on there save for poetry and art history

because art isn't actually that bad
especially not if you combine it with other skills
e.g. art and graphic design

IceCreamRain said:
because art isn't actually that bad
especially not if you combine it with other skills
e.g. art and graphic design

well it sucks that

1. you can get artists blocks, very unpleasant
2. i heard it doesn't pay much, at all.

In my last semester at Uni, studying a double Bachelor in Multimedia and Science. Also studying double majors in Games and Interactivity and Computer Science and Software Engineering.

I want to open my own Games / Multimedia studio, as well as do a few IT startups. Currently looking for graduate jobs in the computer science and/or multimedia fields.

I'd also like to study linguistics / languages and become proficient in another language (most likely Japanese) because I love that shit, but mightn't do that for a while because I'm totally burnt out on Uni and just want to work.

I'm only 13. I'm torn on which high school to go to, since it seems all my friends are seperating off, except maybe one or two.

Ugh, which one to pick...

i dunno about you guys but i'd be perfectly happy living in a one-room apartment as long as i have food, water, and an internet connection

heck i could even get used to living in the country without an internet connection if i had to. i don't really want much out of life

and that's perfectly okay with me

Anna said:
Baby Luigi said:
well it sucks that

you can't buy happiness

I know you can't but it's also nice to make enough money for a decent living as well

Anna said:
i dunno about you guys but i'd be perfectly happy living in a one-room apartment as long as i have food, water, and an internet connection

I like collecting merchandise but I also wouldn't mind living in a one-room apartment

That means less maintenance for me

Anna said:
Baby Luigi said:
well it sucks that

you can't buy happiness

Literally. As a music major, we all joke in the Music Building about how we basically know that we're either going to have trouble finding a job or not making a lot of money, but we do it because we love it. We survive every semester of taking our 8-10 classes a semester, dealing with our private lesson instructors and how much work they lay on us, having only 10 minute in between classes like Music Theory and Music Literatuer, dealing with Recitals and Juries, dealing with small ensembles and figuring out piano accompaniments for all that stuff, sacrificing a lot of your schedule just to make sure that performances and concert weeks are opened, and a lot of things that you think is just a stereotype that is completely true.

Ugh, but being a Music Major is amazing, especially this semester since I feel like I actually have a deep understanding of everything in my 7 music classes, and really training my ears and everything. I also know that my solo and duet is going to kill me since I have no idea how to double tongue, but I'm just going to have to learn or die trying.

Anna said:

I am really not surprised. But Political Science is such a wide range. Do you have any thoughts on what area of it you're going into?

i'm hoping to spend time while i'm in college as an intern in columbia or dc, and after college become a full-time political aide.

although there are tons of interesting jobs available with a poli sci degree. i recently heard about one with the fbi where they employ political scientists to predict threats on the homefront, which sounds really fascinating and also very relevant what with isis and all

i'm not exactly sure what job is my favorite but they're all interesting and i'm sure i'll enjoy whatever i end up with

Wait, I have a question for all you people that are way older than I,

If I wanted to study astronomy, or anything star related, what degrees or whatever do I get?

pharmacy
dont do it
im just doing it to be a legal drug dealer
but i only get driven insane 5 times per day

Back