Worst things that happened in the Mario Series and WHY

Honey can last indefinitely for example though

Not just NSMB2, but about any game in the series represents Nintendo at its worst. Next thing we know we're going to get New Super Rosalina U (half joking, but who knows how far down the big N will go with this?)

What is the worst that ever happened to Mario? Here are some

1: Nintendo giving us a false Mario 2 instead of the real one, I don't give a crap how difficult it was.
2: The Phillips CDi Mario games
3: Mario not having a new cartoon show in 23 years.
4: DIC never making any of the three old Mario cartoon shows decent.
5: The 1993 Mario movie being a flop, I wish there was a better Mario movie.
6: YouTube poops started from Mario related things.

Those are the worst that has ever happened to Mario

Edward1978 said:
What is the worst that ever happened to Mario? Here are some

1: Nintendo giving us a false Mario 2 instead of the real one, I don't give a crap how difficult it was. yeah that game was SO fake. in fact absolutely nothing from that game influnecrd later Mario games including Shy Guys and Bob ombs. besides i rather play that game than the shitty lost levels

Those are the worst that has ever happened to Mario

The Mario RPG representation in Smash 4. It's like:

Sticker Star, TTYD, Sticker Star, Sticker Star, Dream Team, Sticker Star, Sticker Star, Sticker Star GAH Too much Sticker Star, not enough of the rest. Dream Team should've at least gotten a trophy.

Also Sticker Star itself.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
The Mario RPG representation in Smash 4. It's like:

Sticker Star, TTYD, Sticker Star, Sticker Star, Dream Team, Sticker Star, Sticker Star, Sticker Star GAH Too much Sticker Star, not enough of the rest. Dream Team should've at least gotten a trophy.

needs moar PiT stuff

The music in Brawl was a step in the right direction

1.Nintendo ditching good villains such as Wart,Tatanga,Mouser,Tryclide....
WHY: If Bat Man does not always fight the Joker, Mario can do the same.

2.Nintendo forgetting(or ignoring) Yoshi is a dinosaur.

WHY: My apologies for being an echo, or for not having the same opinions,but here it comes:

I miss the Yoshi that actually was a dinosaur. I feel that the real reason of why Yoshi was popular was meaning less after they made him more humanoid and lost most of his dinosaur theme.

3. Another apology:
The top of the castle of Super Mario 64 Ds, I was hoping for something better than a key for a minigame that was already too similar to a already existing one.

Once again, I apologize.

yoshiking14x said:
1.Nintendo ditching good villains such as Wart,Tatanga,Mouser,Tryclide....
WHY: If Bat Man does not always fight the Joker, Mario can do the same.

Because they weren't really all that great and because Batman has a plot.

Mcmadness said:
Because they weren't really all that great and because Batman has a plot.
Doesn't mean Mario can't have one too.

Mario exists under entirely different circumstances. It just was not meant to have one.

It's an adventure game, those can have stories. That's what the platformers and RPGs have in common: they're both adventure games so why can't they both have decent stories without affecting the gameplay?

It's an adventure game, those can have stories. That's what the platformers and RPGs have in common: they're both adventure games so why can't they both have decent stories without affecting the gameplay?

No. Its a fast paced platformer. They don't have plots because that kills the pacing.

Mario can have a plot, if Legend of Zelda can, so does Mario.
Zelda Games have different stories and that does not hurt the franchise.

yoshiking14x said:
Mario can have a plot, if Legend of Zelda can, so does Mario.
Zelda Games have different stories and that does not hurt the franchise.

Zelda is an entirely different genre built around entirely different concepts.

Mario hasn't had a focus on plot in pretty much its entire 30 some years of existence and that will never change.

Mcmadness said:
Mario hasn't had a focus on plot in pretty much its entire 30 some years of existence and that will never change.
itp: mario rpgs never existed

honestly it's because the rpgs work so well with the mario cast that is why i'm upset all the focus of the series goes to the games that don't have a plot

Mcmadness said:
itp: mario rpgs never existed

honestly it's because the rpgs work so well with the mario cast that is why i'm upset all the focus of the series goes to the games that don't have a plot

Those are the exceptions not the rule. Not to mention entirely different genre.

Also without those plotless games you wouldn't have your precious rpgs you dolt. They are the main series, they are what gives it its identity so obviously they will take priority.

If by "main series" you mean it's the first Mario series you are wrong, because Mario debuted in Donkey Kong, by your logic it should still all be a part of the DK series. RPGs and platformers have different gameplay but stories can work in platformers. Just make skippable cutscenes, characters talking during gameplay, etc

It's because the Mario RPGs are the least profitable of the recurring spinoffs.

The best-selling Mario RPG, Bowser's Inside Story, sold a measly 4 million copies, which is still twice as much as the next few runners up (SPM, Sticker Star, Dream Team).

All of them put together sold around 12 million, which is way less than the 35 million both Party and Sports are pulling in.

Why is that? WHY are they the least profitable? Because Nintendo doesn't have faith in them so they don't advertise them too well or much. I have NEVER seen a TV commercial for Dream Team, yet I've seen several for 3D World, Mario Kart 7 and 8, etc.

The RPGs are just as golden as the rest of the series, but Nintendo doesn't make them known enough to net as much money as other stuff. When I see Mario RPG artwork and characters on Mario promo art, then I'll believe they're being advertised to their full potential.

If by "main series" you mean it's the first Mario series you are wrong, because Mario debuted in Donkey Kong, by your logic it should still all be a part of the DK series. RPGs and platformers have different gameplay but stories can work in platformers. Just make skippable cutscenes, characters talking during gameplay, etc

Don't be an idiot, you know what the main series is as much as I do.

Also you can't just slap a plot onto the normal style of Mario game and call it a day. Not if you actually want it to be one worth giving a fuck about. It has to be carefully laid out, and frankly its a big hamper on the potential level variety not mention ultimately it would be a waste of time as most people wouldn't care and the developers could instead be using that time to improve other aspects of the game.

Why is that? WHY are they the least profitable? Because Nintendo doesn't have faith in them so they don't advertise them too well or much. I have NEVER seen a TV commercial for Dream Team, yet I've seen several for 3D World, Mario Kart 7 and 8, etc.

The RPGs are just as golden as the rest of the series, but Nintendo doesn't make them known enough to net as much money as other stuff. When I see Mario RPG artwork and characters on Mario promo art, then I'll believe they're being advertised to their full potential.

I've told you this several times now. Its because they are rpgs. Nintendo could promote them till the cows come how and they would still wouldn't do as well because platformers are a far more casual friendly genre.

Donatello said:
I have NEVER seen a TV commercial for Dream Team,
Here you go.
I've seen it on Youtube, but I was talking about actually on TV. Granted I don't watch TV too often but still, when I do it's usually Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network or something. You know, the perfect channel to put a Mario game commercial on.
Magikrazy said:
I've definitely seen advertisements for TTYD, BiS, SS, and DT.

It's just a niche market is all.
So basically they want to appeal to the people who don't care about stories, because they're the majority?

So fuck everyone who wishes the good stories in the RPGs would translate over to the main series then.

Back