Neptune's Grand Adventures - All New Series!

oh yeah sign ups are closed just fyi

i'm currently working on the last comic, and it'll be ready for tomorrow

if you wanted to sign up, but you didn't, is too bad, cause i've closed it up, hence the reasoning behind this post

ur 2 slow :dk:

also make sure to check who i signed up as the cast for Neptune's Grand Adventures

odds are if you signed up before, you're going to be making an appearence in one of the three comics

one final thing: if you signed up this year and you don't appear in the first comic straight away, don't assume i forgot or anything, because you'll be in either the second or the third comic

whichever i feel like shoving you in

i'm only doing one comic this year cause U3 dun git ruffl'd, and now i'm depressed

i'll try and make this comic a big'n though like the first time

i'm also going to attempt to ease up on the shitty "neptune needs to get his own way but will solve the storyline in some sort of inconceivably shitty redemption which sounds like it was made for a kid's television show" trope

i say attempt because god knows that's how my comics end up, even if i attempt otherwise

the rules are the same as always - if you've signed up before then you don't need to sign up again, if you sign up here, you're pretty much opening it up to appearing in any other comic i make for this series in the future

if you have any issues with appearing in future comics, pm me and we can discuss the terms of your surrender

Whah not? Dat me, but not the goomba.

http://i.imgur.com/3tKKWhfl.jpg

I signed up for this before too but I have a new sprite design. There aren't many positions here at all but if it's worth anything:

fBNwNZO.png

At some point I'll add to this.

Sorry to tell you all but I'm closing sign-ups for the Awards comic, simply due to the fact that I've dropped out of presenting the award this year. As it's coming up to my final year, I've had pretty much a week to prepare for my dissertation and the project that goes along side it, and at the end of the day it's just really draining having to think up the ideas and write my proposal, all the while worrying about the fact that the comic isn't yet finished, let alone being anywhere near something presentable.

However, when I have some spare time, and when I feel up to the task, I'll work on some other comics that are independent from the Awards comics. I have a few good story lines planned which I hope a lot of people would find engaging and entertaining. Until that point, however, I apologise to the people who signed up for my awards comic, and hope there's no hard feelings. You'll appear in future comics that I do, there's no denying that (unless you don't want to, in which you can just tell me).

In the words of Winstein (of whom I didn't think reading one of his posts without his signature catchphrase would be so emotionally draining),

Thanks for reading.

Hi guys.

Since Userpedia is closing down, I thought now would be a good time to do this. Over these recent years of being an administrator there, I’ve had quite a good run with my comics, most if not all have been generally well received, and I feel like my skills have gotten better over time.

It’s due to the influence of various other comic makers at Userpedia that I can attribute my work, even if mine was corny and cheesy in dialogue. Toadbert, Super-Yoshi, Uniju, Snack, Paper Jorge, Dippy, and probably most importantly Scarecrow, among many others, have all served as massive influences, in both style and creativity. Their stories are incredibly well written and laid-out, and I could only hope to be as great as them.

However, the end of Userpedia is the end of an era. While I don’t intend on ending my comic series, obviously I won’t be able to host them at Userpedia anymore. Since I also don’t have any long term plans of returning to full-time activity here, I feel like maybe I could set up a blog or a Twitter account to upload any comics that come to mind.

Obviously that’s only if you want to see my comics again. I mean it’s entirely possible that I’m exaggerating, and everyone hates them, in which I angrily respect your opinion.

That being said, I feel like now is also a good time to do this. During these years, I’ve spawned many comics, and also lost a few down the road. They could be problems with time management, outside commitments, or just me generally feeling that I don’t want to do that comic.

I’m going to present them to you in bulk now. Please note that these comics are completely unfinished, and will stay that way. I have edited them just a little bit to remove some of the unused panels - all of these comics were going to be at least twice the size you see here, with the exception of the one finished comic, and “U3 is Dead”.

For my next trick, I’m going to rip off Winstein...again!

Thanks for reading.

-Neptune

----

The After Awards Show
This comic was just going to be a little fun skit that I was going to air directly after the 2015 Awards Ceremony. It was something that I was writing up during the awards ceremony itself, and I had intended to release it directly afterwards. However, as you know, Time Zones are a bitch, and so I had completely lost all my energy in creating this comic at 3 in the morning.

x1DECOA.png

In Memoriam
This comic was intended to be a short and sweet tribute to our dearly departed friend Walkazo. However, as I was creating it, I had many different worries, such as whether it would be insensitive, whether I really deserved to create a comic to someone that I hadn’t known that well, whether it would be disrespectful, and I just couldn’t go through with it in the end. I did end up putting a tribute for her in my Awards Presentation later that year. I felt it was more subtle and tasteful to add that nod in to show my respect rather than create a whole comic which was a spur of the moment and that might end up laying on a sensitive topic.

EkYAV0B.png

U3 is Dead
This one came as an idea after last year’s awards. It was to deal with the Userpedia Awards being written out of the ceremony, and, unlike some of my previous comics, had the intention of a darker tone. I did something I had never done before with this comic - I wrote the story for the panels beforehand, instead of setting up the panels first. It actually came out really well, and had I completed this comic, it would have spawned a darker sub series to NGA, which might have even connected in with the RTE reboot I had planned.

Since I never got around to actually doing the spriting in this one, you’ll only see the text in this scene, which is why I feel it’s more appropriate that I lay this one out as a script instead, to properly convey not only what is being said, but also what I had intended on showing in the scenes.

The scene starts off in complete darkness, where Neptune enters into a spotlight, panting and out of breath. “Fucking hell…” he wheezes, “...So out of shape…”. He enters the spotlight, and throws his hands up into the air. “I’m here, everyone! I’m here! Don’t worry, I’m only a few days late, but I’m here!” he yells, with a massive grin on his face. “And I have the official results for U3 - Favourite Comic!”

His face drops into a borderline worry. “Uhh, now I know that they’ve discontinued this award recently, and I had a bit of trouble finding work after that…” he says, exaggerating every word, before his face begins to light up again. “...even IF I am a Billionaire, still gotta have some sort of rhyme and reason for what I do! So, I went out and asked a bunch of people what they thought their favourite comic was.” He brings out a large envelope, packed with papers, and waves it around in the air, his smile growing ever bigger. “And wouldn't you know it? I got the results right here!”

He opens the envelope, and pulls out the first piece of paper. “In third place, we have the much revered ‘When Sysops Attack’, by our good friend Toadbert!” The audience cheers as Neptune retrieves the second piece of paper from the envelope. “Yes, yes, congratulations old friend, yes, yes, YESYESYES!!” Neptune suddenly yells out, and the crowd begins to die down. “Now, in second place, we have ‘Uniju Holiday Theatre’, by our good friend Uniju! Come on up here, old buddy! HAHAHA!” Neptune gives a gesture towards the crowd as the audience cheers, but Uniju doesn’t arrive.

As the crowd begins to die down again, Neptune returns to the envelope, almost as if he had completely forgotten that he was expecting Uniju. He frantically begins again. “And finally, in first place, and the comic that will win the FINAL, finalfinalfinalfinal BEST COMIC AWARD, ISSSSSS……….” Our presenter pauses. He looks at the paper, dead shock, before finally letting out a sound. “...It’s me…” he murmurs. “...I win…” He suddenly throws his hands up in the air, letting out a massive shout. “...I WIN!! THIS IS SUCH AN HONOUR!! I FINALLY WIN!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!”

Neptune begins to flood his face with tears, as the crowd goes into a frenzy of cheers. His fanatical audience begins to chant out his name, over and over again. “NEPTUNE!! NEPTUNE!! NEPTUNE!! NEPTUNE!!” Neptune’s face is stunned and in tears. He pauses his silence to yell out once more, choking back his tears. “......MY……..MY FANS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!” he screeches “MY FANS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!” Among the cheers and chants, Neptune stands looking out over his audience, each of them standing in the aisles, jumping, cheering, clapping. And Neptune is still aghast, and can only mutter one last “...Thank you…”, before returning to his silence once again.

Then the voice comes. A voice above all others, one that seems to be so quiet over the cheers, yet rises above all else. “Neptune?” it speaks. Then the crowd goes silent. But Neptune is still standing, arms outstretched, tears in his eyes and a great big smile across his face, which ever so slightly turns into a face of fear. The voice belongs to Scarecrow, who comes down the stairs to see Neptune. There is no audience. There is no stage. Neptune realises this. He is stood in the basement in the pitch black, and can only give Scarecrow a wide-eyed look from the side of his head.

“...What are you doing down here in the dark?” Scarecrow queries, “Are you alright?” Neptune looks down at his hands, in his right hand an envelope with his name on it. Not an awards envelope, but a large tax bill, with the words ‘Final Notice’ embellished on the front. Still staring at the envelope, Neptune simply mutters “Yes...I’m fine…”. Scarecrow, expressing concern for his friend, states “I, uh...I heard you yelling…”. “No, it’s fine.” Neptune responds. “I’m fine now.”

“Uh...ok?” a confused Scarecrow added, as he turns to head back up the stairs, before turning back to Neptune. “Did you want to come upstairs? Anton’s with me.” Neptune looks up, but does not turn to his friend. “...Yes...yes I will…” he replies, as the envelope falls from his hand.

“He’s been called the M. Knight Shyamalan of comics!” a TV comedian jokes, with a picture of our eponymous hero fixed behind him. “Some have been revered, and some are, let’s just say, downright awful!” The audience bursts out laughing, yet the comedian still jokes on. “So the question going on in everyone’s mind right now, is Where is Neptune now, and Why did he suddenly disappear?” He continues “Perhaps he suddenly collapsed under the weight of his own ego-”

And WVFIP! The television suddenly turns off. We are shown another scene - the upstairs. It is a simple room, a sofa, two chairs, a coffee table, and a recently deactivate television set, all resting upon wooden floorboards. “The nerve of some people.” remarks Anton, clad in his usual white robes. “There’s a reason he’s become so reclusive.” Another voice rises up in the room. “Probably got something to do with the fact that he’s an asshole with a colossal ego.” states Palkia, Neptune’s brother, who is sat in Neptune’s favourite chair. What he doesn’t realise is that Neptune has arrived from the basement with Scarecrow; curiously the house actually belongs to Palkia - Neptune has had to move in due to monetary issues. “...Hi Neptune” a sheepish Anton speaks. Neptune doesn’t respond, and the room is left in an awkward silence, with Neptune, the centre of attention, utilising a glum look on his face. He finally lets out a sound. “...The world doesn’t have to stop just because I’m in the room now…”

4yjGx2T.png

Rudnicki MarioWiki X06 Reboot - Episode 1
Speaking of the RTE reboot, I did actually end up creating a full comic as a pilot for the series reboot. I was also in the middle of the second episode before I completely lost track of the plot, where it was going, and all that. I just completely lost interest in doing it. It's much more likely that I'm going to cancel this reboot, and redo it, than I am to continue this series. Should I end up rebooting the series again, I am hoping for a higher quality in production. My art skills are fairly lacking, but here’s hoping I’ll be able to crank up those skills and bang out a really good comic in the future. I would like to point out that this comic was actually aired to Turboo as an ‘advanced screening’ for a secret santa gift at least 3 years back.

IfirCI0.png

Book Ends and Story Beginnings
This one was my cancelled Awards comic from last year. It would’ve been quite similar to 2015’s “Sod off, Scarecrow”, in which it would feature myself and Scarecrow creating another comic together, in which the opening scenes are the comic in creation. I did get around to spriting some of this comic, but I have some text in this comic not attached to any visuals.

QGz5EGm.png

Back