Guy hooks up Gamecube controller to 3DS

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
http://tinycartridge.com/post/93992922622/this-guy-is-ready-for-smash-bros-3ds-loopy

people are too obsessed with that controller

having a controller separate from the system looks uncomfortable

then again i've never actually played something like that so maybe it's not

That looks incredibly stupid and impractical.

This controller is overrated as hell.

Oh come, this thing might have its uses, considering that my 3DS control stick is pretty wonky right now.

Martha's Sister said:
having a controller separate from the system looks uncomfortable

then again i've never actually played something like that so maybe it's not

i'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of playing a console game on an incredibly small tv

Even if it's something I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of doing, that's pretty cool. He gets to play smash with the controls he enjoys, I don't see why not to if he has the means to do so.

Mio Akiyama said:
Even if it's something I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of doing, that's pretty cool. He gets to play smash with the controls he enjoys, I don't see why not to if he has the means to do so.
I was just wondering when there would be someone that shows some impression in it instead of just saying how impractical it is.

Seeing we in addition to this have that guy that had the Twitch Plays with Pokémon X, it could mean some fun things with alternate controllers for the 3DS. The Gamecube controller is stand-alone, the Wiimote and other wireless controllers not yet, but they are usable.

Baby Man said:
i'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of playing a console game on an incredibly small tv
Not necessarily, if you have a capture card to display it on a large screen.

Yeah it kinda misses the point of being a handheld in the first place if you do something like that. That's going to look awkward if you're on a bus, airplane, train, etc.

Something like this however would be cool (Fake image, not a real product):

vQvXQ2J.jpg

Or there's also these 3DS grips that while won't emulate the buttons on the Gamecube. At least you can hold the 3DS much more like a regular console controller

Back