Studio Ghibli closing

While it's a shame to see a good studio put a stop to production, at least it's only temporary. It's probably better that they take the appropriate time to reorganize their company than to keep cranking out films at the risk of them being of irredeemable quality.

Walkazo said:
I dunno what's sadder. The news... or BLOF's picture of the Barn Swallow trying to rouse its dead baby, omg.
I thought the same thing. :(

Dr. Javelin said:
if you're going to bash me for not watching more anime then that's just silly, i'm backed up on tv shows as is
It was because you hadn't even heard of the studio or their works. That's roughly the animation equivalent of not knowing who Square Enix is.

oh really? huh

i honestly had no idea, my bad

Walkazo said:
I dunno what's sadder. The news... or BLOF's picture of the Barn Swallow trying to rouse its dead baby, omg.

tbh it's funny and depressing at the same time :[

Stooben said:
Dr. Javelin said:
if you're going to bash me for not watching more anime then that's just silly, i'm backed up on tv shows as is
It was because you hadn't even heard of the studio or their works. That's roughly the animation equivalent of not knowing who Square Enix is.
The point is that people who aren't into games also don't know what Square Enix is, so people are not stupid if they don't are into anime and therefor are not supposed to know about Ghibli, their works or them vacating a while. This includes Javelin, me and who knows what percentage of the other forum-goers.

Ghibli's been around for about thirty years, and you don't have to be "into anime" to have at least heard the name before. Same with Square Enix. No gaming experience required. In any case, no one brought stupidity into this except for you.

Mario4Ever said:
Ghibli's been around for about thirty years, and you don't have to be "into anime" to have at least heard the name before. Same with Square Enix. No gaming experience required.
actually, i probably wouldn't have heard of square enix if they hadn't messed up supreme commander 2 (which i was hoping would be a great game)

just sayin'

Lakituthequick said:
The point is that people who aren't into games also don't know what Square Enix is,
Given the fact that I've never watched a Studio Ghibli film in my life, and can count on one hand the number of anime I've watched consistently, I think it's safe to say you don't have to be "into" anime to know the name.

I'm under the impression that Javelin is like me and has been [almost] exclusively exposed to western animation, but that hasn't prevented me from stumbling upon the name countless times.

Lakituthequick said:
so people are not stupid if they don't are into anime and therefor are not supposed to know about Ghibli, their works or them vacating a while. This includes Javelin, me and who knows what percentage of the other forum-goers.
Wow. Do not twist my words like that. I made a comparison of relevancy between two powerhouse businesses and their respective mediums; nowhere at all was I making a personal attack, let alone one of that proportion. I was only establishing Ghibli's prominence for Javelin.

I would hope it is painfully obvious that not every person on this planet (or the internet, or this forum) has heard of Studio Ghibli or any of their works. The same could be said about any business, or person, or event, or really anything. But that doesn't stop Studio Ghibli from being as relevant to animation as Square Enix is to gaming. That was the only point I was making.

GalacticPetey said:
My parents have never watched anime in their lives and they know what Studio Ghibli is.
my parents think anime is weird and they don't know what studio ghibli is

my father knows miyazaki though, so that's something

Back