Legendary's MonsterVerse

Re: Godzilla 2

okay but i'm just going to cross my fingers and hope it's pacific rim x godzilla

Pretty sure that won't happen. The two movies have very different tones. Godzilla is a more grounded and serious game while Pacific Rim is more light hearted and campy. Not to mention Godzilla takes place in 2014, after the kaiju invasion had already started in Pacific Rim. So the two films can't exist in the same continuity, or else Godzilla and the Mutos wouldn't have been as shocking to the public.

I could see it happening in a comic or something where a portal opens that leads from the Pacific Rim Earth to the Godzilla Earth.

last night i sorta had a dream where cloverfield and godzilla crossed over, and i swear there was some mention of the pacific in there

so cloverfield x godzilla x pacific rim

but yeah, still have to see the first one, but this'll be pretty good

lol, like Clover could do anything in a fight.

Иeptune said:
but yeah, still have to see the first one, but this'll be pretty good
Go see it. The movie needs to 500 million dollars world wide!

GalacticPetey said:
I could see it happening in a comic or something where a portal opens that leads from the Pacific Rim Earth to the Godzilla Earth.
ah yeah now we're talking

let's see how powerful godzilla is with gypsy danger's sword stuck in his mouth

GalacticPetey said:
i dunno man, it's got no known weakness so far

GalacticPetey said:
Go see it. The movie needs to 500 million dollars world wide!
as with pacific rim, it's likely i'll have to wait for this one to come out on sky, unless my dad buys it

my dad did actually buy pacific rim, but i was so uninterested at that time because of all the over the top hype

now i know why

so yeah, it's not on my priorities list at the moment, but when i have access to it, i will watch it, as i do with most movies

Dr. Javelin said:
GalacticPetey said:

Godzilla is gonna blast Gipsy Danger with his atomic ray before it can even get in close. Godzilla's regeneration is super fast and will heal any damage dealt. Godzilla's skin is also incredibly hard to pierce. Not to mention Godzilla is larger and heavier.

Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
He has no real feats and is as scrawny as a twig.

GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
he took down new york, destroyed most of the military, survived a nuke, and is still on the run

he appeared in one movie, give it time, the destruction he caused is pretty big anyways

Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
he took down new york, destroyed most of the military, survived a nuke, and is still on the run
Most kaiju have done that, including Godzilla.

GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Javelin said:
GalacticPetey said:

Godzilla is gonna blast Gipsy Danger with his atomic ray before it can even get in close. Godzilla's regeneration is super fast and will heal any damage dealt. Godzilla's skin is also incredibly hard to pierce. Not to mention Godzilla is larger and heavier.
you're assuming a lot here.

1. you assume godzilla can see gypsy danger before it gets close. depending on the city, gypsy might be small enough to evade notice and get close before godzilla can find them and blast them with the atomic ray
2. what is it with you and regeneration? i already told you, burst damage will beat regen
3. you assume that they're hitting the skin. i don't know why when i clearly said they would hit him in the mouth, i.e. not his skin
4. size matters not his large size also means he's incredibly slow. i wouldn't be surprised if the jaeger could just juke around buildings and dodge him

it does kinda depend on the size of the city, of course. if they were in, say, new york, a jaeger could easily hide behind buildings and ambush godzilla, but if they were in a smaller city like atlanta there wouldn't be enough tall buildings to hide behind

Godzilla can do this.
g2.gif

In addition, he has shown incredible feats of speed and jumping. Godzilla's also not stupid, in fact he's been shown to be very intelligent. He can hear Gipsy if it's coming close. Godzilla has fought with his chest cut open and has regenerated from nothing but a heart before.

Kind of hypocritical that you harp on me for not knowing enough about Lucina in our Marth v. Lucina debate yet you clearly don't know enough about Godzilla to even be arguing.

Godzilla isn't out to destroy all humans, tho, so there'd be no reason for them to send the Jaegers after him. If anything, they'd join up against the invading Kaiju trying to xenoform the earth or whatever.

GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
but you told me that all kaiju, including godzilla, had at least one weakness

maybe clover has a weakness, but it sure as hell ain't known yet

you're the kind of guy who if you were in charge of the military, would send out strikes on random places, hoping to hit somewhere at least once

the reason i'm saying this is how can you defeat something that doesn't have a weakness?

Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
GalacticPetey said:
but you told me that all kaiju, including godzilla, had at least one weakness

maybe clover has a weakness, but it sure as hell ain't known yet

you're the kind of guy who if you were in charge of the military, would send out strikes on random places, hoping to hit somewhere at least once

the reason i'm saying this is how can you defeat something that doesn't have a weakness?
When did I say that? Besides, Goku does not have a definite weakness, yet he still has been beaten. If something doesn't have a clear weakness, you just have to overwhelm it with extreme force.

No-Face said:
anyway, if this IS godzilla 2, they better get new writers
There was good writing in the film though, especially from the beginning all the way up to when
Cranston dies.

I feel if the writers flesh out the characters a bit more and give Godzilla some more screentime, then we'll be golden. Those were the two main criticisms. It would be silly for the creators not to adjust.

writers can improve, but if they don't then they have to make the call to hire good writers. yes, there was some good writing, but there was a significant portion of the movie that didn't have good writing and that's a major flaw

One thing to note is that Legendary did not say that all three would be in Godzilla 2. They simply stated that these monsters will be appearing in future films.

This also lines up with the fact that Legendary supposedly bought the rights to five Godzilla monsters. We know four now. All that remains in number 5. If you ask me, there is only one obvious answer. Mechagodzilla.

From InstinctiveGigan on Toho Kingdom. His description of the footage.

Gareth is on-screen with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background and says he’s sorry he couldn’t make it to Comic Con because he “was helping the city rebuild after Godzilla’s fight with the Mutos.” As Gareth tries to thank the fans for helping make the sequels possible, he mentions he’s working on other projects first (AKA Star Wars) and will work on Godzilla 2 soon.

Then something interrupts Gareth, to which Gareth looks off screen and yells, “COME ON GUYS, KEEP HIM OVER THERE ON THE ISLAND. I’M NOT CLEANING THIS UP ALL OVER AGAIN!”

Camera shifts to what he’s talking about, it’s Alcatraz but it’s covered in a massive dust cloud. A tail swipes through the dust clearing it, you see Godzilla in his fully-detailed glory. He roars and deafens all of Hall H. We then see a text wall that says “THANK YOU” in big Godzilla font style. We then cut back to Gareth (with some of the camera/light crew hilariously put in the front on purpose for comedic effect), who then says while angrily storming off the view of the camera, “Yelling, he’s always yelling. Who does he think he is? Bryan Cranston?” Everyone laughs, including me.

Back to the panel, Thomas Tull says thanks again (this is where everyone thinks the panel is gonna end for Godzilla, nope!) then he says they actually snuck some “Top Secret MONARCH Files” to let us know what’s to come. Everything goes black to show off some footage, I scream like a fangirl:

The video begins with a speech by JFK (with some actual footage of the speech), we cut back and forth between him and top secret MONARCH activity, similar to the kind of footage in the opening of the 2014 film. Then we see images of Godzilla from the 2014 film, it freeze frames on him roaring and types something out on screen in classic “military file type” fashion and font, it reads:

CODENAME: GODZILLA

Then, the video teases some epic lines of text, I believe it was:

THERE ARE OTHERS!

Then we see a shadow of Rodan flying over the mountains. (His profile is very similar to classic Rodan and his motion is far more slick). More text flies in:

CODENAME: RODAN

We see a huge silhouette of Mothra come in close and flap in place for a second (she looks exactly how a realistic giant moth would appear, except just like classic Mothra, this one flaps slowly with massive power, great motion and animation). Even more text:

CODENAME: MOTHRA

Suddenly the video stutters and glitches out even more than most of the video (probably implying Ghidorah is gonna be the ultimate villain). And then we see small glimpses of a three headed winged creature. (His heads appear more dragon-like, like Smaug; wings are about the same but the motion is very smooth like the others). More text:

CODENAME: GHIDORAH

The final set of text begins to start getting typed, it’s hype-inducing. Text reads:

THREAT ASSESSMENT: CONFLICT INEVITABLE

“LET THEM FIGHT!”

Back