How you discovered Super Mario Wiki

Koopakoolklub

Raccon Turtles flying through the sky
One day, a little girl named Skye went onto the search engine known as Google. She typed "Mario" hoping to find some images. After about .43 seconds, she finds one and visits it's page. Then she learns of the website that contains much information on the Mario series (and of the one containing Pokemon knowledge). She is amazed. So Skye goes on this website often. Years later, on February 15th, 2014, she decides to get an account as Koopakoolklub. Editing there is now one of her favorite hobbies.

There's already a thread exactly like this in General Discussion-though that hasn't been touched in over a year.

Rita and Runt said:
There's already a thread exactly like this in General Discussion-though that hasn't been touched in over a year.

Then don't need to mention it. It's perfectly fine to make a new topic about it if it hasn't been bumped in forever.

I lurked this wiki WAY before I joined...I think before Featured Images became a thing. I was there when there was creative headers. Such as "Baby at Bat" being a section in Baby Luigi's article describing his appearance in Mario Baseball games, or "Dancing His Way To Defeat" being a header for Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix in Waluigi's article. God I loved those headers :P

I joined because I wanted to vote in Featured Images

i was on a pokemon chat channel, not talking about mario or pokemon, and mariowikis chat channel raided our channel. we were bored, so we raided your channel back, and i became friends with the mariowiki chatters and adopted them and became friends. this was back in the days before no fun and before we fixed the chats reputation.

now i hangout in mariowiki's chatroom and dont talk about mario or pokemon.

In second grade, we had to write reports on certain things we loved. I, being the genius I am, picked Super Mario World for this. However, I needed some extra information, so I looked up Super Mario World and I found Mario Wiki. So yeah.

Marilith said:
In second grade, we had to write reports on certain things we loved. I, being the genius I am, picked Super Mario World for this. However, I needed some extra information, so I looked up Super Mario World and I found Mario Wiki. So yeah.
What the shit you're only 11?

Anyways, I was like 12, I liked Mario and I ended up on the MarioWiki somehow. (I don't even remember how, I think I might wanted to look something up about Mario 64 or something) and yeah.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Marilith said:
What the *bleep* you're only 11?
Yeah I'm only eleven. :???:

I don't see anything wrong with a person's age. It's all in how they act.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't see anything wrong with a person's age. It's all in how they act.
Oh no, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with their age, just like, it just seems weird that there are people on this board who are that much younger than me.

Think it was sometime in '08.

I watched a youtube video about some troll trying to prove that Luigi was in SM64 (the video wasnt meant serious). One of the steps he took included searching for "the kitchen" on this website because he through tat somehow connected paper mario and super mario galaxy.

It was very weird, I think the video has been deleted by now.

I found the wiki in about 2007 or 2008, I was in 4th grade at the time because I had trouble with Paper Mario TTYD and I wanted to know what the Wii Shop Channel was. I looked it up and I found a whole lot about Mario things on the wiki and I was reading about a New Super Mario Bros game coming out, I never knew about the first one though. Then in 2011 (I may need to look back) I wanted to help with adding info and pictures and that's what led to my account on the wiki. I followed the Wiki's coverage on NSMBW, SMG2, and almost all the other games, now I go to the Mario Party Legacy because sometimes, the wiki isn't the quickest at Smash Bros and new game info.

Itsfreakinludwig said:
One day, a little girl named Skye went onto the search engine known as Google. She typed "Mario" hoping to find some images. After about .43 seconds, she finds one and visits it's page. Then she learns of the website that contains much information on the Mario series (and of the one containing Pokemon knowledge). She is amazed. So Skye goes on this website often. Years later, on February 15th, 2014, she decides to get an account as Koopakoolklub. Editing there is now one of her favorite hobbies.
lovely story, i'd like to meet this koopakoolklub

honestly can't remember how I joined this place, but I do remember my first article! dear god that was messed up.

Sometime in late 2006 or 2007 I discovered the wiki through Wikipedia's page on Mario. I laughed my arse off at some of the user comics before joining.

Searched for list of Mario enemies in either 2011 or 2012, edited as an IP for a bit in 2012 and then joined in 2013.

Back in 2010 (I was 9) SMG2 had been out for a while and, god, those green stars were hard to find. So I googled the level name and got sent to the wiki :) Made an account pretty quickly and then joined the forum a while later.

I was looking up Mario stuff, so I wanted to see if there was a Mario Wiki, sure enough, there was one so I clicked on it. That is how I found the wiki.

Back