How reliable is Wikipedia?

How often do you find Wikipedia's information to be correct?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10%

• 20%

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 30%

• 40%

• 50%

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 60%

• 70%

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 80%

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 90%

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Always

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I recently used some info from Wikipedia to defeat someone in an argument, and his response was that "Wikipedia is always wrong". So, how often is Wikipedia right? It's never let me down before.

Anticipated FAQs
1)
  • Q:Who were you arguing with?
  • A: I don't see how that matters.
2)
  • Q: What were you arguing about?
  • A: That still doesn't matter.

ShyGuy27 said:
I recently used some info from Wikipedia to defeat someone in an argument, and his response was that "Wikipedia is always wrong". So, how often is Wikipedia right? It's never let me down before.

Anticipated FAQs
1)
  • Q:Who were you arguing with?
  • A: I don't see how that matters.
2)
  • Q: What were you arguing about?
  • A: The correct pronunciation of "meme".
I never would have asked either of those questions(especially the first), but I find Wikipedia to ALWAYS be correct. All those school teachers say "ZOMG EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY CAN EDIT IT! DOOO NOOOT TRUUUST WIIIKIPEEEDIAAA" and try to brainwash us, but what they don't know, is that practically every article is being watched by at least one person, if not many. Wrong information doesn't last long there.

ShyGuy27 said:
Halvin said:
I never would have asked either of those questions(especially the first).
*shrugs* Someone would have.
Just watch when somebody does. :D

Free Loader said:
I put in 90 percent, but it's probably more like 99 percent. Even if something is wrong, it just happened to be wrong the second you went to it. If you refresh it once, someone will have come along and fixed it.
Pershishely.

edit: According to the polls, Wikipedia is now %97.5 percent reliable.
thumbup.gif

Toadbert101 said:
Wikipedia is reliable. Ive noticed they have a "simpler English" section in their lingo's. xD

Why is that funny?

~~~~~~~~

To expand my previous post, I meant that an article on politics might not be as reliable as an article on some German pop group's fifth album.

Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:
Wikipedia is reliable. Ive noticed they have a "simpler English" section in their lingo's. xD

Why is that funny?

~~~~~~~~

To expand my previous post, I meant that an article on politics might not be as reliable as an article on some German pop group's fifth album.

Because most of Wikipedia is complicated gibberish.

I remember one time vandels changed all the word "acid" to "chocolate" on the Acid Rain page. I was doing a report on Acid Rain at that time. :'(

Nerdy Guy said:
I remember one time vandels changed all the word "acid" to "chocolate" on the Acid Rain page. I was doing a report on Acid Rain at that time. :'(
By god, I hope you were smart enough to not write a report on Chocolate Rain.

ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
I was, I printed the page out before the it was vandalised, so I used that. I just saw it was vandalised the day after I printed. So I was safe.

Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
I was, I printed the page out before the it was vandalised, so I used that. I just saw it was vandalised the day after I printed. So I was safe.
I bet a report on Chocolate Rain would be cool. Especially if it would explain how it would be possible. :D

Also, I'd say they're 80% right; I've found quite a few mistakes with dates.

Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
I bet a report on Chocolate Rain would be cool. Especially if it would explain how it would be possible. :D
The chocolate version is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Acid_rain&diff=247375597&oldid=247255927, if you want to look at it.

Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
The chocolate version is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Acid_rain&diff=247375597&oldid=247255927, if you want to look at it.
Why can't someone vandalize the MarioWiki with Hershey bars? D:

j/k

Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

j/k

No Mars Bars.

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

j/k

No Mars Bars.
Trolls are that kind though.

Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

j/k

No Mars Bars.

Aha, wha

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:

j/k

No Mars Bars.

Aha, wha

...*facepalm*

Wikipedia is a good place to find picture, though.
Like this one:
Homer_Simpson_2006.png

Wikipedia is always right, except when spammers are about, but it's always dealt with, that's why I picked 80%

Back