DLC

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Right now, it's very unclear as to whether or not Smash 4 will feature DLC. If it does, what do you want to see? Something I'd like to see is a "Melee pack". It would come with Roy, Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario as well as a couple Melee stages like Poke Floats or Fountain of Dreams (assuming they're not in the game already). In this scenario, Mewtwo is already available in the main game.

I say this because I think that if we get DLC characters, they'll be clones/semi-clones rather than full-fledged characters.

here's a thought: they could just give us the dlc characters for free in the regular game

Viridi said:
here's a thought: they could just give us the dlc characters for free in the regular game

this

If Nintendo ----s this up and goes the Skylanders route with new characters....

having to pay extra money for playable characters is dumb imo

Don't lie. If Character DLC happens at all. It won't matter if it's free or not. Most people will get them. Because who doesn't want more characters in their Smash Bros. games? Even if they're characters I don't necessarily care about, I'd want to get them (Like say it was another Fire Emblem character) just for the sake of trying them out even if I'm likely not to main them.

Yes, it'd be greedy if they forced you to pay more money. But at the same time, it'd be a smart move for Nintendo from a business perspective.

There are better ways, though. They could follow Valve's method of microtransactions that don't affect gameplay, just cosmetics.

The difference being that Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 are free-to-play, while SSB4 will be selling for full retail price.

All I'm saying is that I'd be happier with DLC if it doesn't really change gameplay (meaning I can play the game without it and still win). Anything that's pay-to-win turns me away instantly, especially in a multiplayer game.

That goes for both free-to-play games and full price.

Back