Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Daisy

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Toad

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
I highly doubt we'll get a 6th Mario character.

If we did get one, Toad would make the most sense. But since he's Peach's neutral special yet again, then Paper Mario would be my next choice.

Bowser Jr. is pretty much the last possible option at this point.

The only one of these I can legitimately see happening is Bowser Jr., and even then he would probably just end up as Bowser's version of Pikachu's Pichu.

GalacticPetey said:
Pittoo (Dark Pit) said:
Toad is the only choice that can't really be a Semi-Clone.
How on Earth would Paper Mario be a clone? He has so much moveset potential.
Oh yeah, I thought that he was probably gonna be a semi-clone at first, but his moveset now seems like it could be very entertaining. I was also feeling iffy about having 2 Marios, but we have 2 Links, so...

Similar looking characters =/= Clone or Semi Clone.

Anyways, I think Paper Mario would probably be the highest one to appear, but I could be wrong. I really don't see Bowser Jr. being someone they would add. Rosalina got in before him, so I think that just's a sign that he's most likely won't appear. Besides, he hasn't really been that important lately like he was during the GCN/DS/Wii era.

If Yoshi is counted as a separate series, Shy Guy may have the tiniest glimmer of hope yet.

...nah, of course he doesn't.

Point taken.

But at the point that Kamek is a stage element and the stork is really minor, the babies are the only one with a shot. Even then, I can't see a second Yoshi rep happening.

Sadly true. Same with the Wario series. Like Wario should have a second rep, whether it be Captain Syrup, Princess Shokora, or Mona. Heck, I would be more than happy to see, I don't know, Rudy the Clown as a stage hazard.

The problem with Metroid is that there aren't that many recurring characters. You have Samus, the push for Ridley, and... Not much else.

Toad might be possible if they're using the playable yellow and blue Toads. Or perhaps Captain Toad.

I'd say Paper Mario is the least likely.

Given Sakurais reluctance to hand out information relating to Princess Peach including her moves and alt costumes, I'd say Toad and Daisy are fighting for a sixth slot without the other 2.

3D player, you screaming Daisy five million times doesn't create actual demand.

3D Player 2004 said:
Given Sakurais reluctance to hand out information relating to Princess Peach including her moves and alt costumes, I'd say Toad and Daisy are fighting for a sixth slot without the other 2.
No one's fighting for a roster slot right now. The full roster was decided back in 2012.

Toothless said:
Probaby because Mother is infinitely times more popular in Japan (I assume). Although Metroid's two reps come from splitting of two forms thing, and Donkey Kong's seems sort of natural to the series.
Donkey Kong has had several recent games and has sold much better than the Mother games have.

Vommack said:
The problem with Metroid is that there aren't that many recurring characters. You have Samus, the push for Ridley, and... Not much else.
So just put in Ridley. Bam, three reps right there.

Back