You know, if they aren't ever going to reveal who the Mario bros parents are...

Vommack said:
Walkazo said:
Vommack said:
"New English" isn't really a thing either...
It is now, mofo.
There's a reason it's called a Boston accent, not a New England accent. Even within Boston, it's split into three or four different flavors. If you go west or north, most of the things people know the Boston accent for disappear outright.
Sheesh, way to take a joke (a linguistics one - about how words are always getting invented).

I wasn't talking about Boston specifically anyway - I was talking about the Northern New England accent in general, which includes Eastern New England (Boston) as a subdialect. If you Google search "North American accents" (or "NA dialects"), all the maps have "New England" or some variation of it on 'em - there's only a couple that even have the city of Boston marked on 'em at all. (As for examples of the (very interesting imho) maps: most complicated, and simplest - although this one divides New England into East and West only, without the overall parent dialect.)

Walkazo said:
From my linguistics class: when you learn a language, no matter where your parents are from, you will develop the accent of the descendents of whoever founded the population you're being reared in.
Basically, your peers.

Maᴙio said:
The question is, how did the bros. acquire an Italian accent? Normally, people get their accents from their peers around them, not their parents.
My theory has them growing up in Brooklyn, where several people have Italian accents.

The Baby Bros from the Kart/Tennis/Golf/etc games are from an alternate universe where everyone is a baby version of themselves.

Maᴙio said:
Walkazo said:
From my linguistics class: when you learn a language, no matter where your parents are from, you will develop the accent of the descendents of whoever founded the population you're being reared in.
Basically, your peers.
Yeah, but I just loved that course so much, I jump on any excuse to go poking around at my old notes. </hugenerd>

Walkazo said:
Maᴙio said:
Walkazo said:
Basically, your peers.
Yeah, but I just loved that course so much, I jump on any excuse to go poking around at my old notes. </hugenerd>
I loved my psychology course as well. That's where I got my information. :3

Magikrazy said:
The Baby Bros from the Kart/Tennis/Golf/etc games are from an alternate universe where everyone is a baby version of themselves.
So if adult Mario and Luigi leave them to rot (not that they want to), it wouldn't affect their timeline?

I assume that the original Pauline is Mario and Luigi's mother and that Jumpman is their father and New Pauline could be Mario's sister.

I think Jumpman is just another name for Mario, just as how Spider Man's name is... I don't know, I think this Parker person.

If they were Mario and Luigi's parents, this will explain the reason why Mario and Luigi rarely see Donkey Kong.

Nah, I think Mr. Video, Jumpman, and Mario are all the same person.

They actually are three different characters, but when Mario found out that he was supposed to be splitting screentime with two other guys he murdered both of them.

That article is the most beautiful thing in all the wiki.
10/10 would read again.

Back