A Smash Bros version of Mario Party?

I hope Toadette's in.

Wait, this is Smash Bros.

Yeah, what.

You're taking this from Northern Verve's post are you?

Dr. Mario said:
Yeah, what.

You're taking this from Northern Verve's post are you?

Aaaaaand it's confirmed BUT the board pieces are Miis. You still use regular characters in interspersed battles though.

supermariofan said:
I personally would like to see that, it would be like the first Mario Party but with Smash Bros characters.

Hey you actually correctly predicted this

congratulations

Freakworld said:
supermariofan said:
I personally would like to see that, it would be like the first Mario Party but with Smash Bros characters.

congratulations
To an extent.

It's more like Wii Party but you use Nintendo characters in "minigames".

Don't understand why Miis have to be in there at all.

I don't understand why you had to randomly collect characters.

If I'm honest this mode looks awful.

And why are the Miis stealing the show AGAIN?

Dr. Mario said:
Freakworld said:
supermariofan said:

congratulations
To an extent.

It's more like Wii Party but you use Nintendo characters in "minigames".

Don't understand why Miis have to be in there at all.
Peri Peri said:
I don't understand why you had to randomly collect characters.

If I'm honest this mode looks awful.

And why are the Miis stealing the show AGAIN?

Eh, personally I'm alright with the use of the Miis here. The 2 Wii Party games were more enjoyable then every recent Mario Party since Mario Party 7 anyway (Even sadder though considering both the Wii Party games and Mario Party 9 were made by the same company.)

Sure it's not quite as exciting as actually moving around the board as all the fighters. But otherwise it's still Smash Run combined with Mario Party. Collecting Stat Boosts, the characters are your Stars (Since they're the most vital to winning at the end. You could say you collect All-Stars ;) ), and there are items and likely events that might be very luck-based (Maybe an equivalent of Chance Time could be in there). In other words, it's still very much like the Smash Party that I was thinking it'd be when Amazon leaked there would be a board game mode, just with some minor differences I wasn't expecting.

Cirdec said:
This mode is looking meh because you get random characters. Not to mention Miis are dull.

Yeah i was pretty disappointed in that, smash run seems to be so much better.

Zae Eildus said:
Cirdec said:
This mode is looking meh because you get random characters. Not to mention Miis are dull.

Yeah i was pretty disappointed in that, smash run seems to be so much better.
Agreed.

What a disappointment. I thought you would select a character and move them around the board doing special smashes as the minigames.

Freakworld said:
This is already way better than Smash Run idk what your guys' problem is

looks boring as crap to me

their problem is you only play as miis

not really

its more like the fact that you collect fighters and they can be stolen from, and from the looks of the mode its pretty boring overall.

At least in smash run i got to chose my character i wanted, roam around and beat the crap out of enemies, and have fun with the character i wanted.

Back