User Big Brother 0 Week 2: Nominations

Re: User Big Brother 0 Week 1: Nominations

Blissey said:
ok, just a question, why would you all want courage over wisdom?

courage is a completely useless power, at least without something else backing up (eg, link's sword fighting prowess). "oh i'm so brave, i feel like i can do anything even if i'd get killed in the process".

whereas wisdom can actually be useful in everyday life. you know, for stuff like making informed decisions, setting goals, and remembering the land area of algeria

i completely agree with that

also, why go somewhere warm and sunny instead of somewhere full of culture?

Cecil Terwilliger said:
Blissey said:
ok, just a question, why would you all want courage over wisdom?

courage is a completely useless power, at least without something else backing up (eg, link's sword fighting prowess). "oh i'm so brave, i feel like i can do anything even if i'd get killed in the process".

whereas wisdom can actually be useful in everyday life. you know, for stuff like making informed decisions, setting goals, and remembering the land area of algeria

i completely agree with that

also, why go somewhere warm and sunny instead of somewhere full of culture?
I agree to. Culture is way better

It wins by a landslide for me, though I thought hot and sunny would win... and it did.

Re: User Big Brother 0 Week 1: Diamond Veto

I thought that the Triforce one was going to trip me up. I wanted to vote Hot and Sunny, but then I thought about what everyone else might have said, and I was like "ugh...."

Oh well, I didn't want to be the first HoH anyways. It's the veto that matters, and I gotta break Toad's record for most Veto wins in a season, which he stole from me! D:<

OK, I'll give you until Thursday at max to do the first part of the veto, after which, if you haven't sent in, will be disqualified. Then I'll give everyone their letters and it will end shortly after that.

I rounded Nigeria's because I knew roughly what that was, then doubled it based on how Algeria looks a bit more than x2 Nigeria.

New Super Mario said:
OK, I'll give you until Thursday at max to do the first part of the veto, after which, if you haven't sent in, will be disqualified. Then I'll give everyone their letters and it will end shortly after that.

You should probably bump it back to Tomorrow. I mean, how many do you have left to get?

Armin Arlert said:
New Super Mario said:

You should probably bump it back to Tomorrow. I mean, how many do you have left to get?
I still have two yet, which is a third of the people playing, so... I would see if it was just one person but I want to give them a fair chance

Ok I am going to start sending letters now

EDIT: OK my computer is being dumb, I got a couple out now, but we'll see

EDIT AGAIN:

OK, my computer's better now, but I'm going to be gone until Tuesday anyway, so we'll resume then!

Bumping back up to the first page.

I was coming in here to yell at you, but then I saw your post, so you'll slide, for now.

I was going to bump this, then I was like, eh, I'll wait until Tuesday.

Looks like BMB's done that already.

Well I'm back, but just found out I have to go to work soon, so expect your letters tomorrow haha

The challenge is that the last of us not to die of old age gets it, isn't it?

Bump to keep this on the first page.

All letters have been sent.

NSY never sent in an is disqualified unfortunately. Challenge will end once everyone spells a word. It must be in the dictionary for it to be accepted! (I'm using Dictionary.com as my source) So that means some words that really are words may not be accepted because they aren't officially in the dictionary.

I feel somewhat confident.

I mean, I feel like if I put more effort in I would have found some longer words, but given the letters I had, I'm pretty sure I found one of the longer ones I could. I just feel like I wasted a lot of letters trying to spell one word though. Had I gotten a few more letters that are extremely common in words I probably would have gotten longer.

Whatever, we'll find out.

Congratulations to Toad85, he has spelled the longest word with COMPLEMENTARIES (15) and has won the Diamond Power of Veto!

Everyone else's words were -

Gutseh - Abnormalities (13)
BMB - Entertaining (12)
Icemario - Exhibitors (10)
Cirdec - Neptune (7)
NSY - (0)

I din'y have time to send it in sorry.

Not surprised I didn't win, I didn't really want to and that was the longest word I could spell, anyway.

Back