What are your opinions on Super Paper Mario?

Between the story and gameplay, was it a good game?

• Gameplay was great, story was great

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Gameplay was great, story was bad

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Gameplay was bad, story was great

• Gameplay was bad, story was bad

• I have never played this game

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
hefty, srsbsns plot. Plus you get to fight Satan during the Apocalypse after failing your quest in a destroyed world, getting murdered on-screen and having to climb up to Heaven from Hades - that whole sequence was pretty cool coming from a Mario game of all places.

...I think that's a reason some people think the plot is cringe worthy.
I never played the game, and I find that a bit cringeworthy.

Dany Lannister said:
Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
hefty, srsbsns plot. Plus you get to fight Satan during the Apocalypse after failing your quest in a destroyed world, getting murdered on-screen and having to climb up to Heaven from Hades - that whole sequence was pretty cool coming from a Mario game of all places.

excluding Bowser that was like the best part of SPM imo

I find him to be one of the mosf insufferable part of the main characters. They made him WAY too dumb in that game.

Magikrazy said:
He is dumb. He's a very incompetent villain.

All SPM does is play his incompetence for laughs.

The previous games more treated it like it was more of a ''I'm surrounded by idiots'' thing with his henchmen and while he isn't a genius SPM exaggerated his stupidity to the point he was borderline unrecognizable.

I also hated how whiny they made him.

Mcmadness said:
Dany Lannister said:
Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:

excluding Bowser that was like the best part of SPM imo

I find him to be one of the mosf insufferable part of the main characters. They made him WAY too dumb in that game.
yeah he was dumber than usual and he's portrayed better in other games

however his stupidity wasn't exaggerated enough to where it bothered me

Thats fine but it certainly annoyed me. His comedic moments weren't even that funny and he's been better written in games before and after SPM.

Yeah, I'd say M&L:BIS is the high point of Bowser's portrayals so far, but as for SPM, I was just glad he was a main character, period - anything's better than nothing.

Back