Any Characters that look overpowered in Smash 4.

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
I didn't bother to go to the E3 demo. I want to know what other people think about this topic.

I think Megaman looks overpowered from what I've seen.

Way too early to tell. ZSS and Sheik are looking good. Sheik seems very Melee-esque. God help us all.

Also, looks like Little Mac will not be broken like a lot of people thought. The one hit KO punch is not a guaranteed kill at 0% and his air game is hideously bad.

Meta Knight who's not confirmed yet

Fox was not overpowered in Brawl, but not bad.
Falcon was the most hurtful to see, he sucks so much in Brawl.

Yeah, Falcon got nerfed hard. A lot of that was due to the physics change (same with Ganondorf). Seeing as how this is more like Brawl, Falcon and Ganon may still be low tier. Unless they revamp Ganon and make him viable. That would be cool.

Ganondork should stop being a Captain Falcon clone for ---'s sake. He's a friggin' unique character who doesn't deserve that treatment.

Baby Luigi said:
Ganondorf should stop being a Captain Falcon clone for ---'s sake. He's a friggin' unique character who doesn't deserve that treatment.

Actually, because I dislike Ganondorf, I hope that they make him even slower this installment.

3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ganondork should stop being a Captain Falcon clone for ---'s sake. He's a friggin' unique character who doesn't deserve that treatment.

Actually, because I dislike Ganondorf, I hope that they make him even slower this installment.

....the better thing to do is to play a Special Brawl and make him have a handicap of 300% than wishing him to be an awful character

any particular reason you changed my correct "Ganondork" to an incorrect "Ganondorf"?

3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ganondorf should stop being a Captain Falcon clone for ---'s sake. He's a friggin' unique character who doesn't deserve that treatment.

You dislike him as a character or as a playable character in SSB? I feel like he should be more balanced.

I had for a revamped Ganondorf. Bring him back to his Melee speed. Change all his jabs, tilts, smashes, aerials, and grabs to be unique to him. They would involve a sword. Some would still be punches or kicks because he doe those in WW and Oot. As for his specials...

Neutral B- Energy Ball. Simple enough. The energy balls he uses in the Ocarina of time Boss fight. It would function like Samus' charge shot or Lucario's aura sphere. You can charge it and save it for later. If it hits, it stuns the enemy like ZSS's attacks.

Side B- Keep the flame choke. It was a cool move unique to him. Make it like it's Project M incarnation.

Up B- An upwards sword attack, similar to Marth's.

Down B- A counter, like the back hand that deflects projectiles in OoT.

Final Smash- Still turn into Ganon, but be able to control him as Ganon.

In order to please old Ganondorf mains, have his old moveset go over to Black Shadow.

3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Luigi said:

So you want the worst character in Brawl to be even worse just because you don;t like him. Seems immature.

That's a great idea and I 100% approve it.

Actually, I take back the Black Shadow part. Since we have customizable moves, give Ganondorf's old moveset to Falcon as customization options.

rosalina has potential to be a really really good character
if people can master luma combos im pretty sure she'd be op in 1v1's
her smash attacks are pretty decent too, and her recovery is good

greninja looks pretty fucken op, his (powerful) meteor midair-down recovers him, and with the added bonus of an up-special, he could probably launch himself up half a screen. really fast hitter, powerful, hes def gonna be top tier

Little Mac looks kinda OP if you ask me. I just watched the invitational, and in it, the fact that he has both a final smash, and a killer attack seems to make him a bit over powered.

Little Mac and Greninja definitely seem very OP at the moment.

With Little Mac, he'll be pretty balanced on certain stages (like Skyloft and Palutena's Temple with a lot of air space), but probably be beast with stages like Mario Galaxy or Coliseum where there are little aerial combat and walk-off.

And Greninja people have already stated above.

Rosalina could potentially be a pretty powerful character, but I see her being a character that is hard to pick up, but once you master her moves and stuff, she'll probably be in the top-tier.

Mega Man doesn't look OP to me. He looks like a great character that is fairly balanced.

Back