Which of these Characters would you take over Pink Gold Peach/Metal Mario

Which of these Non-Appearing Characters

• Total voters
Two words: Dry Bones

Lumastar said:
There should have been 36 character in the game to begin with. If six extra characters are found in the files of the game, then I'll be very upset.
Why? That means dlc opportunities!

Bowser Jr. and Birdo. I'd also replace Baby Rosalina with Diddy, and bring Dixie, Cranky and Kamek in as new racers in place of the three generic enemies (Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy and Lakitu).

Walkazo said:
Bowser Jr. and Birdo. I'd also replace Baby Rosalina with Diddy, and bring Dixie, Cranky and Kamek in as new racers in place of the three generic enemies (Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy and Lakitu).
Don't diss Shy Guy!

Super Luigi World said:
I'd rather have Dry Bones replace the Lakitu.

Lakitu is SO MUCH better than Dry Bones

Ninelevendo said:
Bowser Jr. needs to be in every MK Game. I'm surprised they dropped the 3 (DK, BJ, Birdo) from DD since MKWii.

Well 7 is in between so I wouldn't really count that as an absence

I'm still surprised he didn't make it in 8

I still don't understand the whole "handhelds need smaller rosters" thing...

Ninelevendo said:
Vommack said:
Usually just to stop the game lagging over excessive amounts of Models and voice clips.
But that would just be linked to the number of racers on the course, wouldn't it? That doesn't exactly provide an argument to decrease the number of available racers and keep the number of people in any given race the same.

"Handheld limitations" is an excuse that's becoming less and less valid by the minute. The high end of 3DS cartridges have memory sizes comparable to Wii discs; why are we still getting smaller rosters?

I'm not the best in the field of game design or anything, but it still feels very strange.

Ninelevendo said:
Vommack said:
Usually just to stop the game lagging over excessive amounts of Models and voice clips.

Uhh, that's totally wrong.

Frame-rate is dependent over how much stuff there is in a screen at once and how powerful the system is to tackle it. It has NOTHING to do to how big the character roster is, unless you mean how many racers at a track at a time, and voice clips are nilch to the frame-rate. Most processing goes to particle effects and racers, which is why Mario Kart models are often terrible so it's to preserve frame-rate and why draw distance is a thing.

I guess you're talking about memory?

Even that point isn't valid. The entirety of Mario Kart Wii doesn't even cover a large fraction of a Wii disc, and most of it are taken up by .thp files (those videos and stuff), NOT the main assets from the game.

Baby Luigi said:
I guess you're talking about memory?

Even that point isn't valid. The entirety of Mario Kart Wii doesn't even cover a large fraction of a Wii disc, and most of it are taken up by .thp files (those videos and stuff), NOT the main assets from the game.
In addition to that, I pointed out above that the highest-capacity 3DS cartridges are already comparable to Wii discs in the first place.

I think the absolute main reason the character roster isn't as large as it should be is development time and budget.

Mario Kart 7 WAS rushed anyway

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
So was all the other Mario 3DS games. Like New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf: World Tour. Rushed I say!
What about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon? Or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team?

Because none of those games are actually officially announced as rushed.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/11/nintendo_finishing_mario_kart_7_was_an_act_of_emergency

Please read the facts before pulling crap out of your ass

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
So was all the other Mario 3DS games. Like New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf: World Tour. Rushed I say!
What about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon? Or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team?

Because none of those games are actually officially announced as rushed.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/11/nintendo_finishing_mario_kart_7_was_an_act_of_emergency

Please read the facts before pulling crap out of your ass
I know that. I was saying that the Year of Luigi games weren't rushed. It's a good thing Mario Kart 7 was still great.

Back