Three Miyamoto projects leaked, including Star Fox Wii U.

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/10/time-leaks-three-miyamoto-projects-including-star-fox-wii-u/

starfox_wii_u.jpg

opXO2Ie.jpg

cTa4xID.jpg

TIME magazine has published an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto earlier than they should have. The interview reveals that Miyamoto is working on three titles including the mighty Star Fox. Here’s what Mr Miyamoto has been working on.

In one of the games, which Miyamoto called Project Giant Robot, players control sky-scraping automatons, angling the Wii U GamePad in front of a TV screen while shifting their torsos left and right or up and down to maneuver the robot’s upper-body while thumbing the controller’s joysticks to punch or grab — almost like a full-body game of Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots. The GamePad shows you what the robot sees, while the TV screen offers a zoomed-back view, letting onlookers — as well as you — admire your tromping, pummeling handiwork.

In another, titled Project Guard, the GamePad became a quick-jump map of a fortress manned by numbered, laser-firing security cameras. As robots encroach on different entry points, you have to tap the GamePad to leap from camera to camera, blasting enemies that trundle or come at you sprinting — even some that sneak under your radar. All the while, onlookers can shout out the numbers that correspond to robot-threatened camera feeds, turning your defense operations into a frenetic, heart-racing, tap-and-fire scramble.

A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only reimagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto’s new GamePad-based controls — controls that’ll ask of players things they’ve never had to do before in a video game. Whether they’ll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he’s on to a control scheme that’s not only novel, but with practice, indispensable.

Magolor said:
It just looks like a re-remake of Starfox 64.....

It does, but considering how poorly Star Fox sells, it's not worth putting a lot of time, money, or effort into.

http://kotaku.com/new-star-fox-game-will-support-co-op-you-pilot-i-shoo-1590491002

So Star Fox: Double Dash will be a part of this?

First off... I just want to get this out of the way about Star Fox...

So Star Fox is one of those Nintendo franchises that's very unique, in that it's widely popular and recognized among the fanbase, yet doesn't have many games to it's name. In fact, since it's debut in 1993 (over 20 years ago, mind you), there are only 5 games in the entire series, 6 if you include the 3DS remake of Star Fox 64. Compare that to any other Nintendo franchise as widely recognized as Star Fox; setting aside mega-franchises like Mario, Pokémon, and The Legend of Zelda, Metroid has had 11 games since 1986, Kirby has had at LEAST 23 games since his debut in 1992 (a mere year before Star Fox), even the F-Zero series, a series that similarly is being ignored by Nintendo, has 10 freaking games in the series (thought to be fair, two of them are remakes, and one of them is based on the anime series)! Why no love for Star Fox? I recall shortly after the release of Star Fox: Command, the last NEW Star Fox game released back in 2006 or so, one of the developers said it was a lot of work and were done with Star Fox for a while. Really, it's weird to say that since Star Fox games are so far and few between. I mean, Shigeru Miyamoto passed on The Legend of Zelda series to Eiji Aonuma, so wouldn't it be easy enough to put someone else in care of the Star Fox series to allow more games in the franchise? Eh, what do I know, perhaps developing a game is more complicated then that, and everyone who was involved in the previous Star Fox games were probably busy with other projects or something.

Regardless, that whole rant aside, even though Star Fox wasn't the main focus of Nintendo's E3 event this year, it's awesome to see that they ARE making a new game in the series, and that it got showcased in some form this year.

Supposedly, you'll steer with the left joystick, and aim by using the GamePad's motion sensing... which I don't know if I like that idea, but maybe they'll iron it out when the game is released.

What's interesting to note, though, is that the two other games showed off there, Project Giant Robot and Project Guard, are all connected to the Star Fox game in development:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-connecting-star-fox-on-wii-u-with-project-guard-and-project-giant-robot/1100-6420390/

Makes me really curious to see what Mr. Miyamoto has in store with this installment... Though what really intrigues/irritates me is the fact that Miyamoto said that he's passing on development of this game to an external developer:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/16/miyamoto-talks-star-fox-wii-u-and-passing-it-onto-an-external-developer/

...Okay, setting aside my rant at the beginning... haven't at least 3-4 of the games in this series been made by outside developers? Star Fox Adventures was made by Rare (and released shortly after Rare left Nintendo, I believe), Star Fox: Assault was made by Namco, and Star Fox: Command was made by Q-Games (they even helped make the Star Fox 64 3DS remake)! I mean, sure, Command was also co-developed by Nintendo EAD Group No. 2 (while the 64 remake was co-developed by Nintendo EAD Group No. 5), and Hell even the original Star Fox had some programming assistance from Argonaut Games, you'd think for a series that's so frequently outsourced to other developers would get a few more games in the series. I mean, I can kind of understand the argument for why F-Zero doesn't get more games (because Miyamoto said there isn't much for the series to go from where it is... which I think is bullshit, considering how many similar Mario games there are out there), what's Star Fox's excuse?

Eh, whatever, at least we're actually getting a new Star Fox, so we're not just left with that bitter Robot Chicken joke from the Digital Event...

Project Giant Robot looked the most boring out of all of them.

I was under the impression that both the Giant Robot and Guard projects were just test demos that were going to be part of the Star Fox game.

supermariofan said:
I hope the new Star Fox game will play like Adventures

so you want yet another zelda clone star fox

ok

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
I hope the new Star Fox game will play like Adventures

so you want yet another zelda clone star fox

ok
Oh my God, not this shit again. JUST BECAUSE IT'S A ZELDA CLONE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD!!!!! It's a Zelda clone yes but it's a FUN Zelda clone, as long as the gameplay is functional and I'm having fun isn't it all that matters? Adventures is actually my favorite Star Fox game because I get explore worlds rather than just shooting in an arwing. I love collecting Krazoa spirits, Tricky can be annoying at times but he is a faithful companion to Star Fox, in fact I almost cried when Fox said goodbye to him. Bottom line, just because it's a clone doesn't mean the gameplay won't be good.

P.S. check out my Let's Play on it...just saying

if you want to play a zelda clone then play fking zelda

no need to throw a hissy fit like that when people would want a rail shooter in a rail shooter franchise

Adventures isn't a bad game on its own, but after years and years after Star Fox 64, Fox fans kind of want... a Fox game that plays like a Fox game, not a Fox game that plays like a Link game.

What if Super Mario 64 was a new thing, but the released game was Mario City Simulator?

Maᴙio said:
What if Super Mario 64 was a new thing, but the released game was Mario City Simulator?

then Miyamotos ghost comes up and says "Who likes the old Mario games!?"

brb making Legend of Zelda: Modern Warfare!

Back