FIFA World Cup 2014

Who do you think will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Uruguay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

• Ecuador

• Ghana

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Algeria

• Ivory Coast

• Costa Rica

• Honduras

• Mexico

• South Korea

• Iran

• Belgium

• Bosnia-Herzegovina

• Croatia

• Portugal

• Russia

• Switzerland

• Greece

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Costa Rica seriously kicked Greece's ass and something tells me they'll do it again to the Netherlands.

well today's matches are germany v. algeria, and france v. nigeria.

any predictions?

Wolverine said:
Friend told me Robben confessed to falling on purpose to get the PK. Didn't ask for a source so idk if its true though
Local commented also said that in the three seconds following that, on guesswork, but I've heard several stories of him good knowing when to fall or not; when the referee looks, or doesn't, respectively.

My dad said said many other countries fall on purpose to get PK's, so it's not that uncommon.

Drift said:
Costa Rica seriously kicked Greece's ass and something tells me they'll do it again to the Netherlands.

I disagree. If we manage to play good soccer, and with a bit of luck, we'll be able to kick THEIR ass.

If I were in it, I'd probably be kicked out for swearing at other players and the referee.

Quizmaster Ruff Puff said:
My dad said said many other countries fall on purpose to get PK's, so it's not that uncommon.

Drift said:

I disagree. If we manage to play good soccer, and with a bit of luck, we'll be able to kick THEIR ass.
yeah a lot of teams do it all the time. also, Netherlands has played really well games(See their Spain game) and so has Costa Rica(See the Uruguay game) and they've both played meh games. Not sure who'll come out, but it'll be a great game to watch!

if i was in the Mexico/Italy team(I would be able to qualify for both teams) I'd get kicked out for getting into too many fights. Some players do some scrubby things tbh...

You sound like you'd have a promising hockey career.

Hockey's never been my forte. Always been a soccer/basketball player. Better at soccer but never tried out for my school's team because of that. Might try out this year, considering it's my senior year though.

Germany vs Algeria later. If Germany plays like Germany, we could have a 5-point lead

NHL teams are still willing to shell out good money for players who do nothing but injure and fight people.

See: Colton Orr, John Scott, Raffi Torres

so is the mascot's name really slang for anus

and if so, how was such awesomeness allowed to occur?

also i guess i'm rooting for belgium now

Vommack said:
NHL teams are still willing to shell out good money for players who do nothing but injure and fight people.

Not really good money, compared to what actual players make, most good for nothing else fighters get paid near league veteran minimum. Its not really that big a part of the game.

Anyways, I'm hoping USA can continue this run, because MLS is awesome, and anything the World Cup can do to increase soccers popularity and help MLS is only a good thing. I hope there is more scoring in the Belgium-USA game tho, so that the game will be more popular to the US crowd.

(not that I havent enjoyed the matches thus far, they've been really exciting! just that the average person just picking up the sport might understand how to enjoy a 0-0 game as much.)

Naze Youka said:
Vommack said:

Not really good money, compared to what actual players make, most good for nothing else fighters get paid near league veteran minimum. Its not really that big a part of the game.
Better money than you make, probably. With the level of competition in the league now, I find it ridiculous that teams still think it's worth it to use a roster spot on a pure enforcer.

Wolverine said:
Quizmaster Ruff Puff said:

Drift said:

yeah a lot of teams do it all the time. also, Netherlands has played really well games(See their Spain game) and so has Costa Rica(See the Uruguay game) and they've both played meh games. Not sure who'll come out, but it'll be a great game to watch!

if i was in the Mexico/Italy team(I would be able to qualify for both teams) I'd get kicked out for getting into too many fights. Some players do some scrubby things tbh...

It'll certainly be an interesting match, considering we're up against a real strong team in the quarter-finals. I'll be shouting my best cheers during the match.

Same as with Germany and France, both were kinda meh in their games against algeria and nigeria respectively.

Argentina wins in yet another game that went to extra time.

For the France vs. Germany game, I think Germany will start dominating, and then England and America will come in and win it for France.

After the high ratings and almost universal critical claim for the first two times that happened, that would seem likely.

Back