The Nintendo WFC is offically dead

Boo Diddly

Shine Sprite
Dear Nintendo, shutting down the Nintendo WFC is not going to make more people buy a Wii U, it will make your fans more angrier.

So yeah, write your opinions about the shutdown.

I'm not too personally affected by this, since I never (or rarely ever) play games online. Still, this was definitely a bad move on their part.

But it wasn't Nintendos fault in all actuality. It was actually GameSpy's fault. They owned the servers. They shut them down.

Meh, whatever. At least the games aren't always-online billshot.

Well, DS isn't such a big deal, because most of the popular online games already have a 3DS equivalent. And the Wii U is going to be getting Mario Kart and Smash Bros soon, and, let's be honest, those are probably the most popular online Wii games. (And Monster Hunter in Japan, but that already has a Wii U equivalent as well)

But it is sad. RIP DS and Wii Wifi.

I think it was a good move, since they had no reason to continue the WiFi connections on systems 10 and 8 years old. Plus they have new systems so... why continue to support systems that you'll discontinue in a year or two?

EdibleTruth said:
I think it was a good move, since they had no reason to continue the WiFi connections on systems 10 and 8 years old. Plus they have new systems so... why continue to support systems that you'll discontinue in a year or two?

Some PC games still have their online up and running even older than those systems fyi

I guess it was a move to get people to buy Mario Kart 8 or something since it so happened right before release date

Baby Luigi said:
I guess it was a move to get people to buy Mario Kart 8 or something since it so happened right before release date
Or it was the fact that the company that the servers were being rented from was shutting down and Nintendo didn't feel the need to spend money on new servers for old games.

Back