I'm getting a... well... Guess?

Which of these Handhelds am I getting?

• Total voters
Super Smash Misty said:
Crackin355 said:
Where is the 'I don't care' option? Seems like an obvious choice for the poll.

You're getting a PS Vita. I know you will.
The "No Clue" option?
Don't cut out the part of the quote that makes your response silly.

What the hell is a Host Option?

Congrats to the 2 of you who picked the 2DS. You got it right.

Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
A 2DS?!

Sad. How sad.

So what's wrong with a person who doesn't care about 3D and wanted to buy a cheaper version?

Baby Luigi said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
A 2DS?!

Sad. How sad.

So what's wrong with a person who doesn't care about 3D and wanted to buy a cheaper version?
Nothing, I just think the 2DS sucks butt. I feel sorry for him.

You shouldn't feel sorry for him for owning a 2DS. It's a good option for people who don't have the money to buy a 3DS.

I am getting 2 Mario Karts in an 8 day period and I don't care at all about the lack of a 3D effect.

I feel sorry for you too, but only because you opted out of getting a well.

You will regret your decision when the water runs dry and you realize you can't drink a gaming console.

Shy Guy Forever said:

Do you even own one?

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
I feel sorry for you too, but only because you opted out of getting a well.

You will regret your decision when the water runs dry and you realize you can't drink a gaming console.

Shy Guy Forever said:

Do you even own one?
No, but I know someone who owns one, and he says he hates it.

My sister says she hates Mario, does it make me hate him?

Shy Guy Forever said:
He said you can't shut the 2DS and it has poor battery life.

Does he have the 2DS at its brightest settings? Lowering screen brightness drastically improves battery life.

iirc the 2ds battery life is the same as if not a little longer than the 3ds

Shy Guy Forever said:
He said you can't shut the 2DS and it has poor battery life.

Getting rid of the clamshell design was one of the things that allowed Nintendo to drop the price of the 2DS. Hinges are often a likely breaking point in such devices, so they have to be built very sturdy. By removing that element from the 2DS, no money needs to be devoted to making the hinges less breakable. That's why you cannot fold the 2DS.

I own a 2DS and I've never had any problems with it. And though I am annoyed by almost everything Nintendo does nowadays, I have to defend their decision to make the 2DS. The thing works and it's fine. I also have to vehemently question the logic of all those people that call it a shameless cashgrab, because that accusation makes no sense since the 2DS is not marketed towards people who already bought a 3DS.

Besides, how can it be a shameless cashgrab when it's cheaper than the 3DS? Current 3DS owners don't want to own that thing anyway.

I think the crux of the cashgrab argument is the assumption that, because Nintendo is releasing a new 3DS type, 3DS owners are required to get it or else they are screwed... somehow. Nevermind the fact that the 3DS can play everything the 2DS can and getting it offers them no benefits whatsoever, making this claim mindbendingly moronic.

But really, the target demographic for the 2DS are people who are already interested in getting a 3DS, but can't afford it. From a business standpoint, Nintendo would be pretty stupid not to cater to those people. So there's really no shady business practices or excessive greed involved. The claim is empty.

3D Player 2004 said:

yay I'm a winner

Back