How many days of school do you have left?

Though I haven't been in school since about 2000, according to a few locals I've talked to, summer vacation here usually begin in mid-June and end the Tuesday after Labor Day-or at least what they remember. I still don't know how one's summer vacation can last just one month, though...

Since school ends on June 26th, I'd say 21 days since today is over.
School is 9:00-15:30, and summer vacation is usually 9-10 weeks.

5 normal weekdays followed by 5 exam days, then four weeks of holidays omg

why am I here now then ah

My 4 month vacation starts tomorrow and I'm super excited

School ended yesterday. It starts again on August 18th.

My friends Nik and Jake got out yesterday too, but go back at the beginning of September

So does anyone know why you guys get considerably longer holidays than Europeans (and possibly the rest of the world)?

Icemario said:
So does anyone know why you guys get considerably longer holidays than Europeans (and possibly the rest of the world)?
Iirc it's because America has one giant break over summer whereas everyone else gets a largeish (but not as big) one over summer and then smaller holidays throughout the year.

Yui Hirasawa said:
Icemario said:
Iirc it's because America has one giant break over summer whereas everyone else gets a largeish (but not as big) one over summer and then smaller holidays throughout the year.

Well, 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 12 weeks of holiday for people like me, which is about 3 months. Unless they get any other holidays, we're about even and I feel sorry for them now. Sparse relaxation time during most of school sounds painful.

Finals starting tomorrow, done on Thursday.

Back