Nintendo E3 2014

ToxBox

Power Star
Nintendo will not hold a live press conference at E3 2014 once again, opting instead to stream a "Digital Event" online.

The event will be available to watch on Tuesday June 10 at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT and will apparently "reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond."

That's not it for Nintendo's E3 plans however: a Super Smash. Bros. Invitational Tournament is set to take place at the conference for top-ranked players that will be streamed online. Alongside this the "Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3" will stream in-depth game demos during all hours of the E3 show, hosted by the company's Product Department.

It's the second year on the trot the company has decided to shun the traditional press conference model used by other big game companies including Sony, Microsoft and Ubisoft. Last year saw a special Nintendo Direct appear instead; it's unclear if the "Digital Event" phrasing used here means we should expect something slightly bigger.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/29/nintendo-reveals-its-e3-plans?abthid=535fb61a9cdad9cb29000013

Re: Nintendo E3 Play Event

I take it the direct will be as underwhelming as last year.

holy shit, that Mega64 video

@video, coming off of the Tomodachi Life direct (which was gold imo), the Fils-a-Mech felt sorta forced. Thank goodness for press releases.
0358_snjh3.gif

With that video and Twitter takeover, it's seems that they're really trying hard to sell this one.

I mean this looks interesting, but once again the media will report that Nintendo has 'skipped' E3 2014 in favour of their own thing and it'll probably flop again in some eyes, which just sucks. (edit- wow that didn't take long)

The Smash Bros. event and promotions seem really enticing (shame that we probably won't get them down under tho) and I can't wait to see what (admittedly predictable) things the Treehouse Conference and Digital Event will showcase. Even though they'll be pre-recorded, I won't be watching the stream 'live' anyway since it starts at 2AM over here.

but yeah e3 hype woo - http://e3.nintendo.com/

So... there's going to be game announcements in this upcoming E3 event.

Please be
-New Zelda Wii U
-New Metroid Wii U
-New Mario Wii U
-X
-All new Nintendo franchise

Nick Fury said:
>Gerudo Valley music
>Ocarina of Time HD confirmed.
jesus christ how many OoTs do you people need

Toothless said:
They better announce Zelda U at this E3. I expect that at least.
New Zelda's a total given. The only thing you shouldn't be expecting is Urban Champion 2.

Fronk said:
Toothless said:
They better announce Zelda U at this E3. I expect that at least.
New Zelda's a total given. The only thing you shouldn't be expecting is Urban Champion 2. (sadly ;-;)
I should make a list of everything not to be confirmed with a 99% certainty just for giggles. Here's my start:
-Mother 3 on VC with official translation into English.
-Reboot of pretty much any series.
-Wario Land 5
-*insert other impossible things here*

Oh, also, I hope for an announcement of a Kirby U game. IDK if there will be one considering that another Kirby game just came out, or is about to.

Fils-a-Mech confirmed for SSB4

i would say that, but considering that it's right in the middle of a school week... yeah, there's no way my parents would let me stay up till 3am or whatever

Do it secretly.

i literally can't
my computer has parental control software installed which, among other things, blocks any use of internet from 9:30 PM onwards, until like 6AM the next day

That is unfortunate. Maybe you should get into IT so that you can disable the software without them being aware of it

I liked the video. A lot of Skyward Sword music.

Back