Characters in the next SSB

Smiddle

Power Star
Post suggestions and stuff here. I couldn't find any topic like this, so I made one (duh).
I think the characters who have the greatest chance of being removed are Sonic, Snake and Toon Link.

Those three would never be removed... but then again; that's my opinion. :rolleyes:

I have a real good feeling that Mega Man would be in. Either Cloud Strife (no; DP didn't be hire me to say that) or Simon Belmont would probably be in.

MegaMario9910 said:
Those three would never be removed... but then again; that's my opinion. :rolleyes:

I have a real good feeling that Mega Man would be in. Either Cloud Strife (no; DP didn't be hire me to say that) or Simon Belmont would probably be in.

MegaMario's right. Sakurai and Hideo Kojima are great friends, so Snake won't be removed. He's also a high tier character. Removing Sonic would be a big mistake on Sakurai's part as Sonic v. Mario was a huge gimmick for Brawl. Toon Link is actually much better than Link himself, though he is the most clone-ish character in the game.

Mega Man has a chance, but Square Enix is very stingy with how they use thier characters, so no Cloud and Castlevania, while very popular, doesn't have the biggest fan base ever. I guess he could be the wtf character.

Ridley's rather likely. Metroid is a very important series (definitely more important than Star Fox or Earthbound, both of which have more reps), yet it only has one character (2 if you count Zero Suit). And who better to be the new Metroid character than her archnemesis? Before you complain that he's too big, remember that Olimar was the size of a quarter in Pikmin, so why can't Ridley be scaled down? He wasn't much bigger than Samus in the Melee intro, right?

Oh, and Castlevania is owned by Konami, same company that owns Snake. So there's a chance, but it's unlikely. Later, I'll make a post about the most likely newcomers for each group (The retro and third-party characters count as one each, as I don't see more than one character from Metal Gear or Ice Climber)

ChaosNinji said:
MegaMario9910 said:

MegaMario's right. Sakurai and Hideo Kojima are great friends, so Snake won't be removed. He's also a high tier character. Removing Sonic would be a big mistake on Sakurai's part as Sonic v. Mario was a huge gimmick for Brawl. Toon Link is actually much better than Link himself, though he is the most clone-ish character in the game.

Oh. Scratch that then.

Like I've said all over every SSB topic here, L is a distinct possibility.

ShyGuy27 said:
Hm. And so is :eekdance:, I presume.

Smiddle said:
Post suggestions and stuff here. I couldn't find any topic like this, so I made one (duh).
I think the characters who have the greatest chance of being removed are Sonic, Snake and Toon Link.
Toon link, maybe. But Sonic and Snake (especially Sonic) will return. Wait, heck, there isn't going to be another SSB, so nobody's returning! :P

Garlic Man said:
Smiddle said:
Toon link, maybe. But Sonic and Snake (especially Sonic) will return. Wait, heck, there isn't going to be another SSB, so nobody's returning! :P

Says who, Mr Double Post(j/k)? There might come another one, but it will be a huge challenge for Sakurai.

I want the following gameplay changes made to the next Smash:

A new director (Sakurai dislikes competitive gaming, which is the enitre purpouse of a FIGHTING GAME.
Less Kirby bias (Not only are all of them good (Meta Knight is practically a god, Dedede's great, and Kirby's slightly less great than Dedede, and all had really important SSE roles. This is a game for Nintendo's all-stars, not just two balls and a penguin)
No tripping (Nobody likes it)
Faster paced (Brawl is TOO SLOW!)
More combos (Another critical part of a fighting game which is rare in Brawl)

In other words, more like Melee.

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Smiddle said:

Says who, Mr Double Post(j/k)? There might come another one, but it will be a huge challenge for Sakurai.
Oops, I didn't realize I'd double posted... sorry. :-[

Yeah, and as Sakurai said in the Iwata Asks, digging up old characters and such; more games would just dissapoint gamers. I think he made the right choice in ending it at Brawl, so the series doesn't go downhill.

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Hm. And so is :eekdance:, I presume.
Actually, L has appeared in 4 or 5 Nintendo games (which are all listed elsewhere), and is easy to come up with a moveset for (I've done it; check the far-fetched ideas for the next SSB topic).

You know, Sakurai recently said he's thinking about another Smash. The only evidence that it's the last one is the phrase "The brawl to end them all". Plus, Smash is a moneymaker, and it won't be cancelled until it stops making money.

Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Hm. And so is  :eekdance:, I presume.
Actually, L has appeared in 4 or 5 Nintendo games (which are all listed elsewhere), and is easy to come up with a moveset for (I've done it; check the far-fetched ideas for the next SSB topic).
Furthermore, Simon's appearance in the series would be entirely justified! Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was co-produced by Konami, a video game company that already has a character appearing in the series. Beyond that, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was created by Gainax, who also created "Neon Genesis Evangelion" a TV series sponsored by another video game company, Sega. Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog also appears in "Super Smash Bros. Brawl". Thus, Simon has TWO connections to the series! It is also important to note that "Solid Snake" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" start with "S"... And "Simon" does too! Further justifying Simon the Driller's appearance.

Simon the Driller for SSB4
Moveset? I've actually come up with a reallistic moveset for L.

Snowstalker said:
I want the following gameplay changes made to the next Smash:

A new director 1. (Sakurai dislikes competitive gaming, which is the enitre purpouse of a FIGHTING GAME.
Less Kirby bias (Not only are all of them good (Meta Knight is practically a god, Dedede's great, and Kirby's slightly less great than Dedede, and all had really important SSE roles. This is a game for Nintendo's all-stars, 2. not just two balls and a penguin)
No tripping (Nobody likes it)
Faster paced (Brawl is TOO SLOW!)
More combos (Another critical part of a fighting game which is rare in Brawl)

In other words, more like Melee.

1. So that's why he made 35 movesets, over 40 stages, moar than 25 items and a choice for custom Brawls,and a Wi-Fi FC system for 64 friends? To be co-op all the time?
2. That just sounded so wrong man.....

Snowstalker said:
You know, Sakurai recently said he's thinking about another Smash. The only evidence that it's the last one is the phrase "The brawl to end them all". Plus, Smash is a moneymaker, and it won't be cancelled until it stops making money.
Um, did you even read "Iwata Asks" for Brawl? -_-

Iwata asks was made before the interview where he said he was thinking about another Smash, AFAIK. Plus, ending it would be a poor business decision. Remember that Nintendo's ultimate goal is to make money.

Snowstalker said:
Iwata asks was made before the interview where he said he was thinking about another Smash, AFAIK. Plus, ending it would be a poor business decision. Remember that Nintendo's ultimate goal is to make money.
But Sakurai isn't even on Nintendo, n00b! They're just letting the rights to him.

Mewtwo and L-block for SSB4.

Back