Characters in the next SSB

King Panda said:
I think they should get rid of all clones (except for Jigglypuff, who isn't SUCH a clone), like Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Toon Link, etc. Specially Falco and Wolf, they're EXACTLY THE SAME as Fox!
1. Since when is Jigglypuff a clone?
2. O god, please no.

My roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Stafy
Animal Crosser
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Charmander, a 2nd gen Pokemon, Lucario)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
5th gen Pokemon
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Isaac
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Sukapon
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Geno

Snowstalker said:
My roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Stafy
Animal Crosser
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
5th gen Pokemon
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Isaac
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Sukapon
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Geno

That'll never happen. And why is Lucario there? He deserves to remain as a single character.

The next Pokemon Trainer will be Gold, with Chikorita, Crocanaw, and Typhlosion.

Snowstalker said:
My roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Stafy
Animal Crosser
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
5th gen Pokemon
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Isaac
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Sukapon
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Geno

vaati? geno? sukapon? balloon fighter? takamaru? little mac? stafy? ridley?

where was your brain when you posted that?

Vaati is the second most recurring Zelda villian. Hey, would you rather have Tingle or Toon Zelda?
Do you know how many people would commit suicide if Geno wasn't in another Smash? A lot.
Sukapon was the most notable character in Nintendo's first fighting game.
Balloon Fighter has just as much going for him as the Ice Climbers. It's both or none.
Takamaru is a friggin' samurai. Plus, he's just begging for a comeback.
Little Mac was the star of a very popular NES game, Punch Out.
Stafy's role would be like that of the FE characters in Melee. His series would probably go overseas after that.
Metroid is one of Nintendo's critical series, and it somehow has fewer characters than the less notable Star Fox and Earthbound. If Ridley isn't in, I'll lick my computer screen.

1: We need another baddie to balance out Zelda's hero/villian ratio
2: Because Geno was a character that people connected to, and he has one of the biggest fanbases of ANY RPG sidekick.
3: Look it up
4: I mean BEFORE SSBM.
5: No, Google it.
6: HA HA, I win
7: Olimar is the size of a quarter. Stafy could easily be resized.
8: Random space dragon? You mean the second most important character from a very important Nintendo series?

McDimentio said:
connection with geno?
i dun see no one with geno's avatars

lrn to read.

Do you know how many people would commit suicide if Geno wasn't in another Smash? A lot.

Their problem.

Free Loader said:
7) Stafy is relatively new compared to a lot of series', along with being Japan only I think he's pretty minor.
Hmm...
royvsmarth2rk.jpg

1. Mario
2. Luigi (unlockable)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (unlockable)
6. DK
7. Diddy
8. King K. Rool (unlockable)
9. Yoshi
10. Wario
11. Waluigi (unlockable)
12. Pikachu
13. Jigglypuff (unlockable)
14. Pokemon Trainer (Gold with Chikorita, Crocanaw, and Typhlosion)
15. Lucario (unlockable)
16. Mewtwo (unlockable)
17. 5th Gen Pokemon (unlockable)
18. Link
19. Zelda/Sheik
20. Ganondorf with new moveset (unlockable)
21. Toon Link with new moveset (unlockable)
22. Wolf Link and Midna (unlockable)
23. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
24. Ridley (unlockable)
25. Kirby
26. Meta Knight
27. King Dedede
28. Fox
29. Falco (unlockable)
30. Wolf (unlockable)
31. Leon (unlockable)
32. Captain Falcon
33. Samurai Goroh (unlockable)
34. Black Shadow with Ganondorf's old moveset (unlockable)
35. Ness
36. Lucas
37. Masked Man (unlockable)
38. Marth (unlockable)
39. Ike
40. Black Knight (unlockable)
41. New FE Lord (unlockable)
42. Pit
43. Ice Climbers
44. R.O.B. (unlockable)
45. Mr. Game & Watch (unlockable)
46. Sukapon (unlockable)
47. Mike Jones (unlockable)
48. Snake (unlockable)
49. Sonic (unlockable)
50. Megaman (unlockable)
51. Sakurai (unlockable)

Master Lucario said:
1. Mario
2. Luigi (unlockable)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
6. DK
7. Diddy
9. Yoshi
10. Wario
11. Waluigi (unlockable)
12. Pikachu
15. Lucario (unlockable)
16. Mewtwo (unlockable)
18. Link
19. Zelda/Sheik
24. Ridley (unlockable)
25. Kirby
26. Meta Knight
27. King Dedede
28. Fox
29. Falco (unlockable)
30. Wolf (unlockable)
31. Leon (unlockable)
32. Captain Falcon
35. Ness
36. Lucas
38. Marth (unlockable)
39. Ike
42. Pit
43. Ice Climbers
44. R.O.B. (unlockable)
46. Sukapon (unlockable)
48. Snake (unlockable)
49. Sonic (unlockable)
50. Megaman (unlockable)
51. Sakurai (unlockable)
No way. Besides, if Wolf were to come back, he would be a starter.

(anyway, there isn't gonna be another ssb so stop hallucinating, guys...)

Garlic Man said:
Master Lucario said:
1. Mario
2. Luigi (unlockable)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
6. DK
7. Diddy
9. Yoshi
10. Wario
11. Waluigi (unlockable)
12. Pikachu
15. Lucario (unlockable)
16. Mewtwo (unlockable)
18. Link
19. Zelda/Sheik
24. Ridley (unlockable)
25. Kirby
26. Meta Knight
27. King Dedede
28. Fox
29. Falco (unlockable)
30. Wolf (unlockable)
31. Leon (unlockable)
32. Captain Falcon
35. Ness
36. Lucas
38. Marth (unlockable)
39. Ike
42. Pit
43. Ice Climbers
44. R.O.B. (unlockable)
46. Sukapon (unlockable)
48. Snake (unlockable)
49. Sonic (unlockable)
50. Megaman (unlockable)
51. Sakurai (unlockable)
No way. Besides, if Wolf were to come back, he would be a starter.

(anyway, there isn't gonna be another ssb so stop hallucinating, guys...)

Sakurai said he'd make another one in a few more years, if we needed it, but only if he could add something revolutionary. That isn't new characters. He said that more characters does not make a better game.

Master Lucario said:
Snowstalker said:
LOL at Sakurai.
There's nothing to LOL at. But srsly, what revolutionary feature should Sakurai add?
Himself, duh. And have King Dedede voice for him.

Here's Sakurai's exact quote:

Sakurai said:
<i>The problems lie in the game's fast-paced action that sees up to four plays (not to mention all the various Assist Trophy's) causing mayhem all the time. Data needs to be passed around incredibly rapidly and according to himself, "if anything goes wrong then the game is done, which is totally unacceptable. Admittedly, some things got cut from the online side that I feel would make it a better experience but sadly, I can't talk about those"

"I understand that there are millions of fans out there who love the series so if Mr Iwata came to me in a few years time and asked me to make another one, I'd have to give it some serious thought."
Considering just how packed the finished Brawl has turned out to be, it's obvious that the next Super Smash Bros. game will need to be something really special and Sakurai's involvement hinges on just how different it'll end up being. "There are 39 characters in the game this time around and just adding a few more wouldn't be enough to justify another game in my opinion; I'd have to draw a line in the sand (???) and have a new approach to the game to make it worthwhile. As long as fans enjoy it though, that's what matters and in the distant future, I guess that might be something I'll have to consider."</i>

Master Lucario said:

Sakurai said:
<i>The problems lie in the game's fast-paced action that sees up to four plays (not to mention all the various Assist Trophy's) causing mayhem all the time. Data needs to be passed around incredibly rapidly and according to himself, "if anything goes wrong then the game is done, which is totally unacceptable. Admittedly, some things got cut from the online side that I feel would make it a better experience but sadly, I can't talk about those"

"I understand that there are millions of fans out there who love the series so if Mr Iwata came to me in a few years time and asked me to make another one, I'd have to give it some serious thought."
Considering just how packed the finished Brawl has turned out to be, it's obvious that the next Super Smash Bros. game will need to be something really special and Sakurai's involvement hinges on just how different it'll end up being. "There are 39 characters in the game this time around and just adding a few more wouldn't be enough to justify another game in my opinion; I'd have to draw a line in the sand (???) and have a new approach to the game to make it worthwhile. As long as fans enjoy it though, that's what matters and in the distant future, I guess that might be something I'll have to consider."</i>
39? He was probably talking about the 4 that didn't return from Melee... or at least that's how I see it.

Garlic Man said:
Master Lucario said:

Sakurai said:

39? He was probably talking about the 4 that didn't return from Melee... or at least that's how I see it.

39 is if you count Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, and Sheik as seperate characters. Which Sakurai apparently does.

Edit: 1,000th post!

Master Lucario said:
Garlic Man said:
Master Lucario said:

Sakurai said:

39 is if you count Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, and Sheik as seperate characters. Which Sakurai apparently does.

Off-Topic: Congratz. You can now post in my thread in Mindless Junk...

On-Topic: Who knows who will be in the next game? Let's go into the fu-*shot*

Lario said:
Master Lucario said:
Garlic Man said:
Master Lucario said:

Sakurai said:

Off-Topic: Congratz. You can now post in my thread in Mindless Junk...

On-Topic: Who knows who will be in the next game? Let's go into the fu-*shot*
Off-Topic: Ah, the 5 yellow stars... they shine brilliantly.

On-Topic: At first, I didn't get you were trying to say "future", lol

Snowstalker said:
Ridley is still more important to Nintendo than Wolf or Meta Knight.
Well, Meta Knight is from HAL, and while Sora is an independent company, Nintendo doesn't have much to do with it. (that didn't make sense)

Back