Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

oh hey i didn't know star-lord was in this

I kinda find it strange that many people would want to go to a Jurassic World if we are to presume this happened after the first film. Because given the news about what happened with what was just a test group of Paleontologists, Scientists, Children, etc. you'd think that the populace would be well-warned about going to a place where Dinosaurs could potentially escape and eat people.

Do they have like... some new safety measures that *SPOILER ALERT* won't work completely?

Gotta say though, using the Great White Shark as bait for the Mosasaurus was a pretty nice touch given Spielburg's history. It's like saying "Remember Jaws? Well this is what the Mosasaurus would do with him!"

The trailer was kinda meh. The CGI looked unfinished and the dialogue was pretty corny and not that well delivered. I'll reserve judgement but my expectations for this aren't as high as say, Age of Ultron.

May be actual spoilers if you didn't see the video yet.
I wonder what does the “hybrid dinosaur” looks like. I think it is a T.Rex with a Spinosaurus-esque fin and it has pointy spikes in it's head and perhaps a ceratosaurus horn. Does the rider has pet Raptors? Or why did they not try to eat him or kill him?
[spoiler/]

It was leaked that the hybrid has the body of a T.Rex, the intelligence and claws of a raptor, the venom and expandable maw of a snake, and the camouflage of a cuttlefish.

GalacticPetey said:
It was leaked that the hybrid has the body of a T.Rex, the intelligence and claws of a raptor, the venom and expandable maw of a snake, and the camouflage of a cuttlefish.
yeah so after we built a park where all the dinosaurs broke out and killed everyone we're just going to make a new dinosaur and specifically make sure it has weapons like venom and an expandable maw

Northern Verve said:
I kinda find it strange that many people would want to go to a Jurassic World if we are to presume this happened after the first film. Because given the news about what happened with what was just a test group of Paleontologists, Scientists, Children, etc. you'd think that the populace would be well-warned about going to a place where Dinosaurs could potentially escape and eat people.

Do they have like... some new safety measures that *SPOILER ALERT* won't work completely?

I just got the answer to this recently when someone that looked over into it a little more in another forum explained what's going on in the events of the film.

First of all, the events of the first Jurassic Park are indeed canon to the events of this film. With even some subtle references to Lost World as well (Ex: There's a deleted scene in Lost World where John Hammond dies, and JP4 has something where John Hammond die around 1997)

Also, the park that in the movie's timeline is that it opened at around 2005 (Which funnily enough was the time it was supposed to be released before the film went through development hell) and the movie takes place of course in 2015 or present time as it would be when the film comes by. Meaning the park has been open for 10 years. Long enough where while there probably was concern about another incident like the first film happening again was present throughout the first few years of the park and many were probably hesitant to go. But as the years pass, as people going there without incident happen for a decent amount of time. The events of the first film become akin to if a zoo had an escaped predatory animal (AKA a Lion, Tiger, Bear, etc.) that killed people and/or an Amusement Park that had a roller coaster accident that lead to some deaths. There will be people hesitant to go after such a thing like that naturally, but the longer it's been without another incident like that, positive reception of those who went, and reassurance by the park management that another incident like that will never happen again (Maybe they have stricter pressure on the employees, as a big part of what caused the first movie's events was when Dennis Nedry shut down the power).

So people get a false sense of security enough for a good amount of people to go there.

I also heard that by the events of the movie. There has been a decline of people going, presumably because there's nothing to really bring people back as they haven't added anything exciting (Or well, by the time in the movie's events. The Dinos being there are normal for people who live in the Jurassic Park universe). Which is the reason they create the genetically modified Super T-Rex we've heard about for the excitement. Unfortunately their desperate ploy to attract more people will end up backfiring after what happens.

From that end, this could actually be fairly interesting.

Back