Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

MV5BMjEzNzg2NTMwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjYzMTMyMDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Jurassic World will be coming out in June 12th, 2015. Of course, Jurassic Park III came out in 2001, so when this is out, it'll be 14 years since the last.

Not a lot of it is known about the movie, but it's being directed by Colin Trevorrow, and it is set 22 years after the last movie.

I'm actually looking forward to this movie, but sadly it seems that with the actor list, not many - if any - actors from the previous three will be returning. After the first one, the second one was decent, and the third one felt more of a sci-fi movie spin-off then a part of the first two. Hopefully this one will not continue the spiral down, though I definitely can tell you know that it's going to be different than the others. I'm really hoping in a good way though.

Regarding the discoveries since the third film, I wonder if we'll see some of the dinosaurs in feathers this time around.

I wonder if they'll say that the frog DNA and whatnot that they used to patch up the incomplete dino DNA cancelled out the feathers in order to avoid outdating the first three. Or maybe the first dinos they produced were feathery and they worried the public wouldn't like it and purposely suppressed feather-production from then on.

Marine reptiles in this would be freakin' awesome.

idk can't movies have dinosaurs that aren't t-rexes

honestly i don't really like dinosaurs at all they're kinda boring

that boat looks sweet though

But where's a Therizinosaurus? Or a Giganotosaurus? How about a Carcharodontosaurus? I love T. Rex as much as the next guy, but he is overused. I would love to see some lesser known dinosaurs. Made up dinosaurs just sounds like a bad fan fiction and is not the right way to go.

An essential Super T-Rex does sound like something that comes out of those Sci-Fi films that come out every so often. (That's not a good thing BTW)

No-Face said:
idk can't movies have dinosaurs that aren't t-rexes
Wasn't that one of the reasons people disliked JP3? I think it was, but there were so many that I forgot.

So...It has cuddlefish DNA that allows it to be a Stealth T-Rex. Are we just going to completely ignore the scene with the water glass in the first movie?(Wait, not even the first movie paid attention to that)

>Underwater Observatory
They better not waste that.

Vommack said:
So...It has cuddlefish DNA that allows it to be a Stealth T-Rex. Are we just going to completely ignore the scene with the water glass in the first movie?(Wait, not even the first movie paid attention to that)
Actually, in the original The Lost World book, Carnotaurus were depicted with that exact stealth mode, and were even compared to octopuses. But they were only around for a small part of one chapter, so it was a bit pointless (and hard to believe) in the book, so I think it's actually cool that they're giving a reason for the dinos having octopus abilities and then beefing up the originally squandered potential.

As for why it's T. rex again, as was pointed out, people complained about replacing it with Spinosaurus in JP3, so rather than replacing it again and risking more backlash, they used a different method to up the ante. However I DO wish they went the other way with the name and called it Tyrannosaurus diabolus - then they keep the iconic half of the name, and etymologically speaking, "tyrant lizard devil" is a lot more relevant than "devil king".

Walkazo said:
Vommack said:
Actually, in the original The Lost World book, Carnotaurus were depicted with that exact stealth mode, and were even compared to octopuses. But they were only around for a small part of one chapter, so it was a bit pointless (and hard to believe) in the book, so I think it's actually cool that they're giving a reason for the dinos having octopus abilities and then beefing up the originally squandered potential.
Now, see, if it was something smaller like that, it would work. But the problem is, even if it was invisible, you'd be able to hear/feel the T-Rex's footsteps from a mile away. Even if you couldn't see it, you'd already know something's going on. That was the entire point of said water glass scene. Of course, the movies ignore that after the scene, with ninja T-Rex sneaking up on the raptors on the beach and now this.

Maybe it's a sit-and-wait predator, like most camouflaged things.

Also, wouldn't how well the ground shakes depend on the type of ground? If I walk by someone on a deck floor, they'll feel it; if I walk by someone on a concrete sidewalk or a beach or a swampy forest floor, they won't feel it. I've always felt like the water glass was an exaggeration to start with anyway: if prey could feel the T. rex coming a mile off, they'd starve pretty fast.

Can kind of make arguments for and against sit-and wait, realistically.
Supporting it, most camouflaged predators act like that.
On the other hand, its behavior would be based off of what instincts it carries over from both species. It could be aggressive, it stay in place, it could be a hybrid. Or maybe T-Rex really was a pure scavenger after all.

Spinosaurus would take all of 5 seconds to get killed by T-Rex. Bigger != tougher.

Back