Après-Direct: Who isn't coming back?

Who won't return to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS (vote for as many as you want)

• Ness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Captain Falcon

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Pokémon Trainer (you never know...)

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Snake (i don't think so)

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wolf

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Ganondorf

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Ike

• Meta Knight

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • R.O.B.

• Mewtwo (i think we can already rule out the rest of the melee cuts)

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

Nathan Fielder

Business Expert
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
See topic/poll/both. Considering that we're already at 29 characters, it's very unlikely all the newcomers have been revealed as of yet, and I think Sakurai said that he was aiming for somewhere near the amount of characters Brawl had (35, minus Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus), it's pretty likely that somebody will get cut.

Will it be you? Call this hotline today.

(using french in sentences is cool when you're not talking french that's a fact)

Re: Who isn't coming back?

Definitely Pokemon Trainer, with switching between characters deconfirmed he's basically useless.

Zero Suit Samus because Sakurai said so.

I think Jigglypuff is returning, but I could be wrong. Jigglypuff has the veteran advantage. At least one Pokemon character won't return because, well, look how of 'em we're getting.

I want R.O.B. to come back. I think it's representative of Nintendo, despite its O.K. games.

I'll be really surprised if they cut any of the Nintendo 64 original characters. Or Wario.

Ashley's existence as an Assist Trophy basically confirms that Wario will be playable - or at least, I'd say it does. And, since the Halberd's coming back, I'd now highly doubt they're cutting Meta Knight either.

Meta Knight is a pretty big face from the Kirby series, so I'd be shocked if he didn't make the cut, Halberd or no Halberd.

Pokemon Trainer is definitely dead, and I don't think Squirtle and Ivysaur can jump to standalone Pokemon. Despite me previously believing he was a shoe-in I now doubt Mewtwo's return. With Grininja's confirmation it's pretty much a battle between him and Jigglypuff for the fifth Pokemon slot, and I think Jiggs has the edge. I have no idea what will happen with Snake. Lucas, Ike, and R.O.B. are definitely in danger, but I can still see them returning. I think Falco and Wolf will return, but both have a small chance of getting the axe. Wario, Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and Mr. Game & Watch I still think are all shoe-ins (and I'm fairly surprised Ice Climbers have that many votes).

r.o.b, pokemon trainer, ike (probably replaced by another fe character), mewtwo, and snake are gonna be cut

100% sure ness, lucas, captain falcon, jigglypuff, falco, ganondorf, ice climbers, mr. game & watch, meta knight, and wario are gonna return

not so sure about wolf, hes kinda 50/50 but itd be cool to seem him back in action

so if i take into account the current 29 + the 10 im sure about + a possible replacement for ike, thats 40 characters which is a nice solid number imo and may be the final roster

We have a fully evolved Fire and Water type starter but we still don't have Grass.
I think that will be our fifth and final Pokemon Rep.
I think that Mario will have a sixth rep since no way Link and Pokemon deserve equal rep to Mario, Mario is too major and central to Nintendo and it would be a shame to see such high numbers with Mario not being sole leader. That said, Kirby will most likely get a fourth rep at least since it is also in Nintendo's big 4 group.

I personally think they might want to represent the brand new fairy type over grass.

Then again a week ago I thought Greninja was nearly impossible so anything's possible.

Back