• Maybe not that good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh...Boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dozla said:
OMimistasia said:
Pass.

I'm more pysched for Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. The first one was awesome and the second one shouldn't dissapoint.

It's alright. The puzzles are a bit easier overall.
There's only one puzzle where you have to find a word IIRC, and there are also less maths-based puzzles.
Thankfully, there are less tedious puzzles (Argh Royal Escape in Curious Village). The worst being "peg solitaire" -type and "Knight chess" -type (you have to move a knight piece on every square of a chess board and you can't land it twice on the same square [I CAN'T SOLVE THE 8x8 BOARD])

Story... I think I preferred Curious Village but it isn't bad. There are just some strange things that I won't spoil. (But hint: it reminded me of CodeGeassR2!Sayoko!Ninja)

The mini games were also better in curious village. I hated the camera especially when it comes to finding the difference between pictures, and the hamster thing was stupid. Also tea brewing is tedious.
Other than that, same gameplay and same atmosphere which makes it awesome.
Also there is also a most impressive animated sword fight scene. I recognized I.G.Prod's touch.
I just got the game and I wish Flora could solve puzzles or something. I'm sick of hearing Luke and Layton's stupid British Accents. (No offense to anyone whose british because they sound different than you) And leaving her at the hotel is pretty stupid.....

Alas, I've yet to play it. That was a copy and paste from my friend. Also, Layton's British accent is so good that most people believe that his voice actor is really British, which he isn't. Hating on Luke's voice is understandable, but Layton's voice is awesome.

BACK TO TOPIC!!!:

Wayoshi said:
Come on guys, the game's going to be epic...
Per. I don't realy care about the title, I'm just glad they're realsing it in the US, because 3's sometimes aren't released here. (Donkey Konga 3, MOTHER 3, etc.) The game looks awesome and I can't wait for it. :)

Both of those games are garbage, so it doesn't really matter to me. Also, I agree that this game's going to be epic. I've seen tons of gameplay videos on Youtube, and the game looks outstanding. I could hardly think of any real reason not to buy this game.

SolarBlaze said:
Both of those games are garbage, so it doesn't really matter to me.
Just so you know, it's insulting to EarthBound fans if you tell them that MOTHER 3 was garbage. -_-

*launches nuke*

On-topic:

ML:BIS is going to be epic! ;D

Off topic:

Earthbound has GOT to be one of the most overrated games in the world. Before anyone accuses me of never playing the game, I have, and it was absolutely painful to play. The game may have had a good storyline and whatnot, but that doesn't mean a thing if you have to put up with such boring, mediocre gameplay to progress through it.

On topic:

Bowser's Inside Story automatically had me sold as soon as I saw the trailer. I don't know about anyone else, but I just love it when Bowser's playable, and when he's playing the role of an anti-hero. Not only that, but he has a bunch of cool techniques to use in battle.

SolarBlaze said:
Off topic:

Earthbound has GOT to be one of the most overrated games in the world. Before anyone accuses me of never playing the game, I have, and it was absolutely painful to play. The game may have had a good storyline and whatnot, but that doesn't mean a thing if you have to put up with such boring, mediocre gameplay to progress through it.

Storyline? Good? Huh?

Also, besides the grinding, the gameplay isn't that bad. It's standard JRPG gameplay.

SolarBlaze said:
Off topic:

-_-

Just don't focuse on the storyline or the game play, focuse on the game as a whole. Sure the gameplay and graphics are boring to some, but the humor, trippy backgrounds, cool enemies, and wacky NPC's make up for those 2 things. I can understand if you don't like it, but it's not overrated.

Dozla said:
SolarBlaze said:
Off topic:

Storyline? Good? Huh?

Also, besides the grinding, the gameplay isn't that bad. It's standard JRPG gameplay.
Compared to much more popular RPGs (FF), there's next to no grinding necessary in EB.

Compared to FF, sure, but did I say FF was omgawesome?

Also, Nerdy Guy, if the story and combat of a game are nowhere near great, and it's proclaimed as the best game ever, it is overrated. You can not deny this.

Dozla said:
Also, Nerdy Guy, if the story and combat of a game are nowhere near great, and it's proclaimed as the best game ever, it is overrated. You can not deny this.
No one ever said it was the best game ever. It's just awesome.

Everyone says it's the best game ever. 50% haven't played it. 40% are mindless fanboys. 5% barely play games and the other 5% genuinely like it for decent reasons.

Those people are idiots. It's not the best game ever (*coughSymphonia*). It's just a good game.

Earthbound amuses me. Nice story and such, but I haven't played it. So I can't say anything gameplay wise.

ive played the earthbound where theres a bee at the start and the battle style was bad. the story i didnt really like and those Shark boy people killed you on their first turn. i completely hate the series.

Back on topic: i bought PiT and thought it was great. i beat it last year. it had better RPG style then Earthbound or pokemon (All Mario RPG's except for Super mario RPG were better than any other RPG's i've played) so i think it wont be different for this. the new Brother items look cool and i've watched the Japanese playthrough on youtube and it is completely awesome. the story is so cool. the final boss music is one of the best VG Music i've heard and the final boss looks awesome. Being :bowser: will be fun too.

Dozla said:
Alas, I've yet to play it. That was a copy and paste from my friend. Also, Layton's British accent is so good that most people believe that his voice actor is really British, which he isn't. Hating on Luke's voice is understandable, but Layton's voice is awesome.
Wow. I thought the voice actor was British. That changes things. *ponders for a moment* I believe that Luke's voice should be changed only. It's annoying. I beat the game though. So much easier than Curious Village. Back to topic again I don't really want this game.

Crackin355 said:
ive played the earthbound where theres a bee at the start and the battle style was bad. the story i didnt really like and those Shark boy people killed you on their first turn. i completely hate the series.

Back on topic: i bought PiT and thought it was great. i beat it last year. it had better RPG style then Earthbound or pokemon (All Mario RPG's except for Super mario RPG were better than any other RPG's i've played) so i think it wont be different for this. the new Brother items look cool and i've watched the Japanese playthrough on youtube and it is completely awesome. the story is so cool. the final boss music is one of the best VG Music i've heard and the final boss looks awesome. Being :bowser: will be fun too.

If you like Mario RPG, boy, you gotta play moar RPG's. A good one is Chrono Trigger. You can find it for the DS at gamestop. Of course if youve played that......

OMimistasia said:
Wow. I thought the voice actor was British. That changes things. *ponders for a moment*

Eh, not really. If you didn't like him before, then you won't like him now.

I believe that Luke's voice should be changed only. It's annoying. I beat the game though. So much easier than Curious Village.

Luke's voice was changed in the UK version, actually.

Dozla said:
OMimistasia said:
Wow. I thought the voice actor was British. That changes things. *ponders for a moment*

Eh, not really. If you didn't like him before, then you won't like him now.

I believe that Luke's voice should be changed only. It's annoying. I beat the game though. So much easier than Curious Village.

Luke's voice was changed in the UK version, actually.
Lucky for them. Flora sounds like a flower. Her voice is like a whisper and Sammy Thunder isn't really rock n' roll like he's supposed to be

Crackin355 said:
-_-

No offense, but I'm tempeted to tell you to GTFO. The game gets better as you go along, the sharks are easier if you level up first it's called grinding, and battle styles don't have to be fancy "see everyone and have detailed screens" things for it to be fun. No offense, but I find it a bit pathetic that you hate an entire series because you failed at the first 5 minutes of one of the games. I guess you just have to be a fan and a good RPG gamer to appreciate it. -_-

Noah89 said:
-_-

No offense, but I'm tempeted to tell you to GTFO. The game gets better as you go along, the sharks are easier if you level up first it's called grinding, and battle styles don't have to be fancy "see everyone and have detailed screens" things for it to be fun. No offense, but I find it a bit pathetic that you hate an entire series because you failed at the first 5 minutes of one of the games. I guess you just have to be a fan and a good RPG gamer to appreciate it. -_-

All bullshit. All of it, Nerdy Guy, especially the last part.

Dozla said:
Noah89 said:
-_-

All *bleep*. All of it, Nerdy Guy, especially the last part.
Whatever, let's just get back on topic:

How many new kinds of enemies are going to be in this game? It seems like alot.

According to the wiki, it seems as if indeed there are a lot.. The new Fawful enemies seem to be pretty cool. =D

Back