Nintendo DSi

Do you think Nintendos choice on the DSI realease date (summer of 09) is smart?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Easmo said:
Xpike said:
SolarBlaze said:
Unless the DSi is truly a different system, then I want as little to do with it as possible. It seems to be nothing more than another cheap, cash-in attempt, just like the DS Lite and Game Boy Micro. They always feel the need to make unnecessary new changes (rather than improving what actually DOES need improvement, such as the volume controls), and then sell it for twice as much as the original.

No thanks.

The camera, MP3, Paint and those thigns seemed like a good idea to me :/

Yup, too bad it got rid of the GBA slot and the free-region thing (now it has region block like home consoles). Because of that I won´t get a DSi.
You're so biased against the DSi like that? The Wii has region block and no one is whinnying about it.

Well, every Handheld console Nintendo has released has been Region Free.
Saying that, only DSi games will be region locked since the current DS games are region free.

Looniju said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Exactly what does a region locked game entail?
You can only play it on a console bought in the region place as where you bought the game.
For example, you can't play a Japanese game on a North American DSi.
That's so stupid.

Xpike said:
Easmo said:
Xpike said:
SolarBlaze said:
Unless the DSi is truly a different system, then I want as little to do with it as possible. It seems to be nothing more than another cheap, cash-in attempt, just like the DS Lite and Game Boy Micro. They always feel the need to make unnecessary new changes (rather than improving what actually DOES need improvement, such as the volume controls), and then sell it for twice as much as the original.

No thanks.

Yup, too bad it got rid of the GBA slot and the free-region thing (now it has region block like home consoles). Because of that I won´t get a DSi.
You're so biased against the DSi like that? The Wii has region block and no one is whinnying about it.

True, but Wii has a freeloader (and homebrew channel in case Nintendo manages to kill it with the downloads anytime).

Also, getting rid of the GBA slot is a stupid decision.

Easmo said:
Xpike said:
Easmo said:
Xpike said:
SolarBlaze said:

No thanks.

True, but Wii has a freeloader (and homebrew channel in case Nintendo manages to kill it with the downloads anytime).

Also, getting rid of the GBA slot is a stupid decision.
I agree.

Yesterday, you say? Then it can't be an April fools joke. I've never been a big fan of the DSi, but that's just sad.

Fiddle Faddle said:
Yesterday, you say? Then it can't be an April fools joke. I've never been a big fan of the DSi, but that's just sad.
wtf u dun lives in america man wtf

tucayo said:
PS: Werent you a moderator?
Only in the AC board.

On-topic: I really don't care when the DSi is released. I'd like to have it, but I'm not desperate.

Its been released in Europe today.
Friend of mine has it, and I am still considering buying one.

I got a DSi today.
The lack of a GBA slot is disappointing, the Cameras are nothing special.
However, I do like the Main menu music, its a lot nicer than the Wii's music.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Nintedo Conference:

"Hey, how about we make a new DS?"
"Ok, but what features?
"It should be slimmer!"
"It should have an SD Card!"
"It should have a camera!"
"It should have monkeys that take over the world!"
"Uh, no."
"How about a thermometer?"
"Maybe, but why?"
"Because."
"I want it to produce a ChaosNinji forcefield!"
"Who the heck?"
"I want PIE!"
*crickets chirp*

Code:
[color=blue]fix'd.[/color]

Till we next cross paths,
Susan

Nastasia.png

How would you guys now if it was bad or not? I bought one and it's a terrific handheld, the best i've ever had. I'm glad I sold my PSP for this. Also, the only reason the DS Phat had a GBA slot was becuase Nintendo thought we wouldn't like the touch. So they added a GBA slot so it woudn't end up in some landfill. It carried on to the DS Lite becuase GBAs were only like 5 years old. However, now there at LEAST 7 years old. It's like if you were able to play NES games on an N64. You honestly MUST buy this system. Oh, also, only the DSi Shop channel is region locked, you can play any game from any country on it! :bowser:

jeadi said:
The only reason the DS Phat had a GBA slot was becuase Nintendo thought we wouldn't like the touch. So they added a GBA slot so it woudn't end up in some landfill. It carried on to the DS Lite becuase GBAs were only like 5 years old. However, now there at LEAST 7 years old. It's like if you were able to play NES games on an N64.
The GBA was one of the best handheld systems ever. I still play my SP more than my DS.

The DSi store is a dead zone, though the 1000 free Nintendo Points were nice, means I can buy something in the future for free.
I do however, like the Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad sprites on the store download screen, very cool.

1-Up Shroom said:
I got my DSi today. :P

It's black.
Code:
[color=blue]
I have $55 in a saving account and a $25 Walmart gift card. That adds up to $80. That means I'm halfway to getting one (169 bucks where I live). I think I'm gonna sew things that I can sell, and maybe sell some old clothes.[/color]

Blue is the only color that appeals to me. I'm gonna try to get one this week.

Hey, people that have one? Are they gonna be hard to find? Like, are they flying off the shelves?

In England, they are popular but Nintendo has made sure that there's loads available.
So I just walked into Gamestation and got one.

Back