Mario Party 1-8 Ranking

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Judging Mario Party 8 as a single player game (no replay value! LOL!) is unfair, and Mario Party 8 is supposed to be played multiple times, with friends.

I have to say you're right about this. I guess that what I want to say is that even after I beat the game, I felt like there was so much to do, but when I actually thought about it, there really wasn't. It's just that I kept playing the main game with my friends and family, because it was so fun that we actually wanted to play again, even if it was the same boards, the same mini-games, all over again. Mario Party 8 just didn't have that. There wasn't ONE single mini-game in that game that made me or my friends say "Wow, that was actually very fun". The same goes for the boards. Koopa's Tycoon Town had an interesting concept, but then again, it wasn't really innovative, as Mario Party 7 had Windmillville; a board with the same mechanics.

The Robot Masters said:
Anser, I feel you overrated Mario Party 1.

No, Mario Party 1 had many flaws, too. Some can be forgiven because it was the first game in the saga (losing five coins for losing a Single-Player minigame? And losing FIFTEEN for losing a 1 VS 3 minigame? Come on!), but the game did feel rather bland without the items that would be introduced later, and let's not mention the blister-inducing minigames. My hands hurt just to think about it. It did, however, have very fun mini-games and it's the game with the highest amount of boards in the whole series if one does not count Mario Party 3's Duel Mode.

All I'm saying is that no other Mario Party hurts people. Not even 8. That alone should put it below 7.5/10.

Plus, most of its fun minigames are also in 2.
Anyway, here's my rankings.

Warning Unpopular opinion ahead:

I wasted nearly 50 hours into playing mp8 against the cpu.

Ah yes, good times...

Freakworld said:

Ah yes, good times...
My sister and I play exclusively against the CPU, but we do that in most Mario games anyway.

Which is why we think online multiplayer in Mario games always suck.

Freakworld said:

Ah yes, good times...

I feel bad for you. Such precious time wasted :(...

Just kidding.

Not really.

Stop liking what I don't like.

Back