What games do you think get too much hate

Ahh, that was my second one I believe. I remember having trouble on one part where you had to navigate a spiked maze on bubbles. I need to play that again

The only ones I had were Revenge of the Flying Dutchman and the movie one.

Me neither. My sister had the GameCube version of Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, and it looked boring (interestingly, she could never finish it).

I actually have the spongebob movie game for gba lying around in my room even though i don't have a gba/ds lite anymore...

Glaceon said:
Purple Yoshi said:
In this community, Sticker Star. Don't deny it, you can't even MENTION the game without people going on for 2 pages to talk about why they hate it. And no, I'm not confusing "too much hate" with "legitimate criticism" if anyone wants to argue with me.

I completely agree with this, it's an alright (although flawed in some aspects) game that gets extra hate because it's a Paper Mario game and had much hype built.

I think 2 pages is a little overboard. At most it's 5 posts and then we move on. All the hate for Sticker Star was contained inside its respective thread (oh boy, loved that one) pretty well aside from the occasional wall of text in games you hate and similar titled threads.

When I saw it at E3 I wasn't interested in the slightest but as I learned about the sticker mechanic I got interested; pretty much the opposite order of everybody else.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Since when does a game have to 'be a game' for you to enjoy it?

since forever pretty much

save for visual novels, which i'm fairly certain flappy bird is not.

brb securing the rights to Flappy Bird: The Visual Novel

Give the rights to Telltale Games, they can make it right. ;)

Have to agree with Super Paper Mario, but I'm also going to throw in the Mario baseball games. Both of them are fantastic and I love both of them to death <33

Vocal Beat said:
Every game that people say is bad just because they're suck at playing it.
that is a terrible argument and you are so wrong i'm not even sure where to begin

I would say Sonic Heroes gets a little too much hate. It's not a great game by any means, but it was at least rather enjoyable and the Egg Fleet level was awesome.

EDIT: Also, to everyone defending Sticker Star - did you find the game gimmicky? I have zero inclination to play the game because everything I see about it just seems incredibly gimmicky (the sticker attack mechanic, the sticker drop in the overworld mechanic, etc.).

Dean Winchester said:
Have to agree with Super Paper Mario, but I'm also going to throw in the Mario baseball games. Both of them are fantastic and I love both of them to death <33

I love Mario Baseball games too

Mario Party games, especially the GCN ones.

Three'kay said:
mega man 7

i blame brentalfloss

ill never understand the hate for that game.

Although if there is one thing that bothers me about the game its the sprite size.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Hypochondriac Mario said:
Mario Party games, especially the GCN ones.

I've always thought people loved the Mario Party games. Especially the GCN ones.

I especially loved 7 and DS.

surprisingly people always say the first three mario party games are the shit.

Which i cant really agree with aside from 2 but thats mostly from costumes.

Back